IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

15 September 2012

Posts #1071-1075: 18-19 May 2000

Post #1071, by PSIOsman

(I don't think GLW or Al will be posting for a while, so I guess I'll just leave their AC's in Summers and go off without them, or take control of their ACs, whatever they decide... GLW and Al, tell me before my next post! ... And TsuramiSea, you're more than welcome to join us)
So he's given up on the prospect of Gauntlet Wizard or SaturnAl posting anytime in the near future... but he wants them to post and answer his question before his next post? Do I have that right? How did that make sense in his head? 
Alternatively: obviously no one is ever going to grant anyone permission to control their ACs. PSIOsman therefore is going to wait about a half hour, then take his cohorts' silence for permission and proceed. Which would mean he's using three ACs, which isn't allowed; the unwritten expectation is that abandoned ACs will be gently written out of the way and left someplace safe, where they can be picked up again later if need be.



Post #1072, by SirMontyG


Diamond Dog's fracture became visably wider after the blow from the milti bottle rocket, but DD was still in one piece.
*Grrrawwwerrr!* Diamond Dog didn't apreciate the attack.
I've never understood the allure of the "didn't appreciate" construct. It's common enough to be cliche, yet it's just a failure at sarcasm. Sarcasm only works if it's somewhat witty. "I did not appreciate you punching me in the face!" is just... lame. Even if you didn't deserve to be punched in the face before you offered that retort, you retroactively deserved it after.
*SMASH* Sir was knocked back and took some major damage from the headbutt given by the crystal canine.

"Sir, can you get up?"

"*Shrughh* Ya..I'm good. Here, toss me one of you're clubs, if we hit the dog from both sides at the same time, he should split in two!"

"Sounds like a plan," said Anthadd as he tossed Sir a club.
That's another one. Who exactly was the first one to come up with the phrase "that sounds like a plan", and who were the people who heard it and thought "wow, that was witty, I've got to use that one"?
"Let's do this!!"

(I won't kill him till you say, Anth, this is your battle)
You know, the thing that made the Gathering so spectacularly popular it blew your mind was that it wasn't like every other one of the 25 Interactive Fiction threads active at any one time. Which is to say, it was the only one that didn't revolve around a bunch of people writing long battle sequences for their ACs. But in the end that seems to have been all most of this crowd really knew how to do. 
((oh, and a quick thought, after this is all over, we oughta have a battle arena set up and have the AC's duke it out. You'ld let the audience determin the outcome, just a thought..okay, back to your regularly scedualed Eagleland Islandy goodness))
Did he just call for a popularity contest? I mean, all IF, like all internet forums, is a popularity contest when you boil it down. But Major Asshole is calling for an overt popularity contest. I mean, I'd vote for him, but he's just a niche poster and anyway PSI322 would lap the field ten times over.


Post #1073, by t0nberry22

(Tengu, please. It seems you're going on a different scale than us. Maybe scale your attack down by 1/5.)
I have noticed two things as vast as the universe itself: the human capacity to complain, and the human capacity to argue. They're closely related, of course. You notice that t0nberry here is doing both. It's doubly amazing because he's picking a fight with Tengu Man over something that makes absolutely no difference.
(Two more things I'll say in here. 1: Does anyone know what the 9th and 10th melodies sound like? and 2: What attacks does Lavos's head have besides chaos? Doesn't he have some sort of flame attack?)
On (1), I can promise you no one writing on the Interactive Fiction forum has half the musical talent working that out would require, and that's notwithstanding the fact there can't be two extra melodies because the eight melodies form a complete song, which is very prominently featured in EarthBound and is remixed into its grand finale ending music, which is the single greatest piece of video game music ever composed. "Extra sanctuaries!" is stupid, stupid, stupid.  
And on (2), yes, it has some sort of flame attack. It's creatively titled "Flame Battle". It also has a much more awesome flame-themed attack after that.
Ton saw lots of people being confused. [What did Disruptor do?] he thought. Lavos then fired a beam at him. [Now I remember!]
"Disruptor!" The beam flickered, then stopped short of Ton. "That's it! It neutrilizes attacks!"
Ton ran at Lavos's Torso and stabbed at it. The knife glanced off. "Darn! He's got armor!"
I do enjoy his insistence on wielding knives when everyone else is wielding the BFG72000 or lightsabers or whatever.


Post #1074, by Little Yoshi

"Let's go, Nathan!" Tim shouted. "Ready?"
"Ready!" Nathan replied. Tim leapt into the air, and Nathan shot Gaia Beam energy onto the Masamune, and Tim slashed at the jellyfish, defeating them.
Mog quickly whipped out a Pearl Lance and jabbed at the Left arm, casting Pearl on it.
Ton leapt on the Left arm, executig several deadly slashes on it with his knife. The Left Arm then opened the chest. "DOOM BLAZE!!!" Lavos screamed.
It's been a few years since I last played Chrono Trigger and I know I'm on shaky ground challenging Liyoshi on Chrono Trigger Knowledge, but I'm pretty sure the Wall of Flames thing Lavos does is called Shadow Doom Blaze. And I am absolutely certain Lavos does not call out the names of his attacks before performing them.
Everyone was left on their knees after this massive attack. Tim leapt in front of the group and cast Lifeup Omicrone, special Yoshi level. Everyone's Hp are maxed out! Tim lost a bunch of PP! Tim ate a magic truffle, regaining those PP.

Jeff and Nathan ducked behind Lavos and attacked with their Gaia Beams! Jack SMAAAASHED! the Left Arm! Tim turned to Nathan, Pikachu, Porheydron, Paula, Poo, and Mog. "Okay, guys, listen up. We need to attack the chest now, while it's open. So here's the plan. Nathan, you shoot Gaia Beam energy onto my sword. Paula, you charge my sword with Fire. Poo, I know you have a sword to, but the Masamune can have more elementals put on it, so could you give me Star energy? Mog, can you give me Ultima or Pearl? Pikachu, I need lighting! Porheydron, can you psychicaly teleport me to the chest? I'll put some Ice on my sword. Let's go!"
(Tengu, if you have an elemental you can put on the Sword, just tell me and I'll change it from a sept-tech to an octo-tech!)
Liyoshi just, as usual, appointed himself Glorious Leader of pretty much everyone. Including, most importantly, Paula. I cannot wait to see how Tengu Man responds to this.
[This message has been edited by Little Yoshi (edited 05-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Little Yoshi (edited 05-19-2000).]


Post #1075, by t0nberry22

(Errr... nevermind. But Tim, remember, we DO have a limit to our powers. You can do that multi tech-attack if you want, but I wanna finish him off. I still haven't revealed my Super-Special attack yet...)
I have big hopes for high comedy in this thread in the very near future. Of course you have to reveal your Super-Special attack to kill Lavos! You and all nine of the ACs involved here. If Lavos is smart he's figuring, all I have to do is hang back and let them fight each other until only one's left alive, then survive that one guy's Super-Special Attack and I can get out of this.
Ton saw then talking about the Multi-Elemental sword attack. He also saw Lavos targeting them. "Guys, watch out!"
Ton leapt in front of them. "Disruptor!" The Chaos attack was stopped.
"Man, this attack is valuable!"
You probably don't need my help to read the subtext: Man, I am valuable! Aren't I sexy? What's really, depressingly sad about this is that t0nberry is ripping off Liyoshi's gimmick. He's been working the Shield of Invincibility since like Post #30.
Ton was then whacked aside by a Beam Attack. He hit the wall outside the battle area. "Owww... wait a sec." Ton saw that there wasn't a TimeGate. "Uh oh... if we defeat Lavos, everyone here will be forced to fight the core! And that almost certainly means someone here may lose!" Ton ran back to the battle.
(Heh, nice little twist there, huh?)
Heh. Boy are you in for a surprise when the follow-up posts start rolling in. 
Remember, kids: if you absolutely have to do something astonishingly stupid, at least don't then stand up and pat yourself on the back for your cleverness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author