IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

05 May 2011

Posts #562-566: 24 April 2000

Post #562, by Chris

Just as the air in his tube ran out, the glass prison was shattered, and Chris found himself slummping to the floor. Juliana caught him before he fell, and layed him on a table while the party held off the other starmen. Eventually, once the area was clear, Chris awoke.
Hahahahahahaha. I'm starting to get the feeling he's never, ever going to let go of the whole Juliana thing. In case you missed it, the important words in that paragraph were "Juliana" and "layed" (sic).

God, I missed you, Chris. Please never go away again.
"Ugh...oh...ah...that was...different." he said. "Okay, this is too dangerous for me. I'm going back to the hotel now so that I don't get killed. Anyone that wants to come, fine; anyone that wants to continue the quest, here's my stuff. I bid you all good luck."
In English: Screw you guys, I'm outta here. Those of you who bet on "Chris gonna emo", you are winners!
And so, Chris made the long trek back to the hotel. Once he was outside of Stonehenge, be decided to find a way to get back to Deep Darkness so that he could leave Eagleland. As soon as he walked in the door, Dr. Andonuts pointed to the latest Sky Runner model, and soon, Chris found himself back in the south of Deep Darkness.
I like to think that's exactly how it went down: Chris walked in the door, and Dr. Andonuts half-turned from his chalkboard, looked at him, and pointed to the Sky Runner model and turned back to the chalkboard. Never said a thing. (He had spent the last eight months building this Sky Runner model specifically for Chris.)
He once again worked his way through the forest, and finally, emerged on the beach again, half a mile south of the hotel.

Before long, he was cleaned up and sitting on his rock again, pondering what had happened to him before...
Chris is testing to see if PSI322 will feel bad for him and come save him from his angst and/or his threat to leave and never return. Probably more likely one of the kiddies will follow him before she even gets a chance. Come to think of it, it's been a while since the last PSI322 post and she may already have given up on the thread.



Post #563, by Dr. Andonuts

(Well in that case Falcon, I'm using the power of the sanuaries to counter your use of the power of the earth)
Um... sure. You do that.
Nathan said, "Sure, you can join my party," to Godeg.
Just don't forget it's my party. Got that?

Interactive Fiction: Where everyone is a party leader.
Fobby King appeared to have disappered, leaving behind half a sound stone. Nathan picked that up and added it to his sound stone. His ability to counter Falcon's earth powers increased.
From infinity?

Also, it's Foppy King, actually.
(Fobby King, what melodies does your sound stond have?)
Hahaha. He's asking Foppy King to help him shortcut; doesn't feel like doing all the work of, you know, reading the thread.



Post #564, by PsycoPyro
Oh god. Here we go.
Meanwhile BACK AT THE CAVERENS IN THE LOST UNDERWORLD...

I sighed, noticing no one was going to help us get out of the Lost Underworld. I stared at the Fire Springs, trying to clear my mind.
What's this, the thirteenth time someone has complained that no one cares about their AC's fate? Back in the early parts of Project: Let's Get The Hell Away From Chris, there were still new kiddies joining in here and there, who would latch onto the dangling cliffhangers left by people like PsycoPyro checking their popularity. There have been no new posters for a while now (and I don't think there will be more than a handful more the rest of the way), so that's not happening, everyone is doing their own thing, and people like PP/QC are being left to twist in the wind.
"No one is going to come for us, Matt." Jenny finally decided.
I perked up from looking at the Fire Springs. I shook my head and stared back at the Fire Springs.
"And that's all what you're going to do?!" She yeled at me with anger. "You're just going to sit there and not think of something?"
"We shouldn't have come here, Jenny." I finally said. "You're little 'friends' ditched us and now we're stuck. I can't get back to MD and see my beloved in a long time... It's hopeless."
Wow, he's kind of going Chris on us here. I'm sure it won't last. Please tell me it won't last.
I frowned at saying what I just said. I had thought I had made friends at the island, but I was beginning to believe that I was being used. But I wonder about Jenny. What about her? What does she think of SM.Netters?
"But there has to be away to get out of here!" Jenny gasped. "The heat here is drainning my energy. Let's get out of here and find some help."
"Help?!" I shot back at her all of a sudden. "What do you mean help?! We're trapped here with no way of getting back to the island and back home! The Tendas don't have PSI of getting us back. We are trapped with no rescue mission planned!"
"Complainning about it isn't going to do anything. Let's just go-"
Voice of wisdom right there.
"No!"
"Matt, what's your problem... Matt.. What are you doing?!"
"There's only one way out of this..."
With that, I went insane. I tackled Jenny to the ground and started to attack her.
"Please forgive me." I said and slapped her.
Jenny takes 105 HP Damage from Matt.
"Ow! Forgive you for that?!"
Jenny digs her sharp fingernails.
Matt takes 134 HP damage.
"You won't believe this," I started to say, "but I have to fight you for a PSI Power..."
You probably recall he did this once already when no one was paying attention to him, and it was just as uninteresting then as it is now. Sadly, my friends, it looks like PP/QC is just about out of tricks.
[This message has been edited by PsycoPyro (edited 04-24-2000).]




Post #565, by MooHeimer
Ahh, MooHeimer. He was one of my personal Original Four, the three guys that frequented the first internet forum I was ever a regular at, Striker164's EarthBound Message Board. The Original Four were waffy (then waffle), MooHeimer (then dr. andonut), Striker164 and myself. Sadly, MooHeimer has been gone for years; he died in a car wreck in (I think) around 2002.
Suddenly, Moo-Heimer emerges near tenda village and moo's.
Odd that he referred to himself as "Moo-Heimer" but his handle is hyphenless. I presume that's because undernet (where earthbound.net's IRC channel was hosted) didn't allow more than nine characters in a user name, so he dropped the hyphen.
He runs off and pops up right behind the big pule o puke and destroys it! Then he joins up with Pjman.
I guess MooHeimer and PajamamanV4M knew each other.
------------------
I am the almighty cow, unless godofcows is around...
That last line there is a signature block, which was outlawed by Interactive Fiction forum bylaws. This very well may have been MooHeimer's first (and possibly only) IF post.



Post #566, by MooHeimer

Suddenly, Moo-Heimer emerges near tenda village and moo's. He runs off and pops up right behind the big pule o puke and destroys it! Then he joins up with Pjman.

------------------
I am the almighty cow, unless godofcows is around...
This is a double post. Double posts were fairly common in 2000, when a lot of people were still on dial-up internet and sometimes a forum's post script would add your post to the thread, but the forum software's attempt to re-load the page would fail. So you'd time out, wouldn't know your post in fact did get posted, and post it again.

Usually the moderators wiped those out if the original posters didn't do so themselves. This one got missed.

It feels weird that I have to explain this to an audience that might not really know what dial-up was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author