IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

21 May 2011

Posts #628-632: 25 April 2000

Post #628, by SaturnAl

After an hour of surfing, Alan thought he should catch up with Osman. All of a sudden, Alan saw a gold statue-Alan's nightmare!
"Dude! What a tubular statue!"
Tubular (adj) Of or pertaining to a tube. (Seriously.) 
"Like, I am not a statue, man. I'm your dark side. I'm that tsunami that'll take you sometime."
"No way! I can surf any wave!"
I am genuinely curious about how SaturnAl became this obsessed with surfing. I would also be curious as to whether he had, at this point, ever actually surfed in his brief life. I'd give odds of 4-to-3 against.
With all that anger, Alan became conscious of a new PSI--Tsunami
Alan used PSI Tsunami! 1300 HP of damage to Alan's nightmare!
Alan's Nightmare used PSI shield Beta! He was protected by the psychic power shield!
With all his might, Alan took his surf board, and whacked the nightmare with the fin. SMAAAAAASH! 978 HP of damage to Alan's Nightmare! You Win!

After the battle, Alan saw Osman and his Nightmare.
"PSI TSUNAMI!"
If I were PSIOsman, in my next post I would get killed by the PSI Tsunami. You've got to take these guys away from what they expect. Make them think.
...to be continued





Post #629, by PajamaManV4M

(well, my plot is starting to get smelly, so I want to join another part.)
By "smelly" he presumably means "dead" or "ignored". The parenthetical comment is unnecessary, as reading the post would make obvious that he is abandoning his attempt at starting a plotline and tagging along elsewhere.
Zakk, PajamaMan, and Moo-Heimer continued through the Lumine Hall. It was completely empty. Zakk seemed to become the all-powerful leader, and PajamaMan and Moo-Heimer were just little sidekicks. As they took another turn, Zakk made more weird expressions on his face as if he was sensing something. All of a sudden, he turned around.
I still have no clue who Zakk is.
"I sense evil. Very large evil power."
With that, Zakk busted through the roof of Lumine Hall, and headed towards Lavos.

(is this OK?)
Noooo! Don't show weakness. Now they'll pounce and tear you to shreds. 



Post #630, by pogopunk

satisfied that F4lx0r had departed, pogopunk settled down in his recliner and went back to sleep. he had just about dozed off when an oozy, slimy, plate of jell-o landed on his face. "ooooooh.." he moaned.

"heheehehehe" luna snickered, and she ran off. turning over, he started sleeping, unfazed by the jell-o. it started spreading around him, and by the time he woke up, it had covered him completely. groaning, he went upstairs and took a shower. he thought he could hear luna chortling nearby.
Add that to the "I can't believe he got that past PSI322" file. 
after he got back out, he went to the beach, and listlessly played with the sand, bored. his only joy was screaming "baby eater!" to the various passerbys. "hee, hee, hee" he giggled, laughing at their misery.
I do not think anyone's reaction to a 12-year-old screaming "baby eater!" at them would be misery. It would range from "scurry away and possibly notify the police" to "grab him by the ear, toss him around a bit and look for his parents". 
[this marks the going-away of me for awhile. i just dont find this fun anymore. maybe if something interesting happens, i'll post again. bet you wont miss me! ]
That's the third poster to proclaim he's leaving forever and don't try to change my mind I'm dead set on it I'm leaving now bye. Like the other two, he'll stay away for no more than 20 or 30 posts. If that.



Post #631, by Anyone

AnyoneEB appeared near the rock where Chis and co. were 'resting' and asked where's the action? He found that he sould join Pajama Man in Lumine Hall and teleported immeditialy. He asked if he could join their group and help get the Lumine Hall medialy.

(Wait a minute, someone already got it!)
The odd thing is that this post was not edited after being posted, meaning he knew Team PajamaMan was already to Lumine Hall and gone, but posted this anyway. Bizarre.

Also bizarre: I don't know why AnyoneEB dropped the EB from his user name when he registered on the new Starmen.Net forums.



Post #632, by TsuramiSea
Oh god. Get ready for it. TsuramiSea was possibly the most prominent of the Tengulings, and he resembled Tengu Man more than any other poster that wasn't actually Tengu Man multi-accounting. He didn't have Tengu Man's controlling personality, but he could nearly match his writing skills, and he usually wrote very... very... long... posts. And generally he aligned with Tengu Man in every thread, and was the designated guy that talked to guruzeth and tried to convince him Tengu wasn't a bad guy. Didn't work. Eventually that got Tsurami shunned and then banned; actually, if I recall correctly, it will be later in the Gathering that he and guruzeth flip out and get in a piss-fight. Good times coming!

I won't be annotating this very long post very much. Just thought I should give you an introduction to a guy that will be one of the major players in this thing from here forward.
(Back on the shore of Eagleland Island....)

A boat pulled up to the side of Eagleland Island. A single figure stepped off, and the boat pulled away. It was a boy dressed in long clothes (not very befitting of the heat there) and sneakers. He glanced around. He was finally on "Eagleland Island". He had found out about this place on SM.Net. A big fan gathering was to be held here. However, he was days late, and it was almost over. Before he got ready to go, he had to beg and plead his parents to let him go, promising he'd be okay and that he'd come home safely. Then, using a weird teleport device he got from UPS, he transported himself to the official "Eagleland Island ferry" that the SM.Net staff had set up. He was glad to have such an easy way to get to the island. He wasn't sure whether or not he would be given a ride home or not after it was all over, but he didn't worry about that at the moment. He walked along the shore of the beach with a suitcase and a backpack on his back. "Hello?" he called out. "Where the heck is the big party? HELLO?" Nobody answered. "Pfffft, I guess I have to find it myself...." The boy walked along the beach until he came to a solitary figure sitting upon a rock.
Not very exciting, but you see that the above is actually a structured, on-point paragraph, which marks it as about the fourth such paragraph in the Gathering so far. I also notice--I don't remember noticing this at the time--Tsurami seems to write in long strings of short sentences. I think there are more periods in the above post than in every loid post combined.
"Hello there," said the figure, another boy, with a smile. "Who are you?"
"Hi," said the first boy nervously. "I'm wondering if you know about the SM.Net gathering on this island?"
"Sure! I was one of the people in charge. You might know me as Chris, moderator on the SM.Net forums." He extended his hand.
You'll also note that Tsurami, unlike almost everyone else, is willing to wade right in and write dialogue for an AC that his AC had not spoken with before. Most people avoided that for a good reason: it carried a high risk of pissing off the other poster.
The first boy shook Chris's hand. "Hello."
"Who are you?" asked Chris.
The boy looked at the ground and said, "I'm TsuramiSea." He said it in a very plain way.
Well, it does make sense, since Tsurami's writing style, while refreshingly coherent, is also very plain.
Chris looked him over. "So, you're TsuramiSea, huh?" He laughed. "You're not as hyper as you act online."
Oh god yes. Actually, Tsurami on the IF board was usually almost Anthaddian in his seriousness and attentiveness. This marked him as very, very different from Tsurami on the other forums and in #earthbound, where he was a typical hyperactive 12-year-old with a twist of Tengu for seasoning. I think this dichotomy developed mostly because when he wrote on IF he was emulating Tengu Man, who he kind of idolized.
"No, that's for sure," remarked TsuramiSea. "So, where is the big party?"
"Disbanded," explained Chris in one word.
"WHAT?!" shouted TsuramiSea, startling Chris with the sudden loudness. "I came all the way here and missed it?! I guess I should've known it was a waste of my time!"
"Wait a minute, it's not over," interrupted Chris. "Actually, it's supposed to be still going on. It's just that everyone else left. They forgot about the party and went to explore the island."
"Explore the island? Some party activity," mumbled TsuramiSea.
Chris smirked. "It's because Eagleland Island contains the REAL Eagleland on it inland, as well as Foggyland and Chommo."
I have no foggy idea what Foggyland and Chommo are. But he forgot to mention the Chrono Trigger crossover everyone else is bananas about right now.
TsuramiSea blinked. After some moments, he remarked, "Wow, a video game I like turns out to exist on our world. Pretty weird. So, what time frame is Eagleland in right now?"
Chris sighed. "Well, Ness and the others weren't up and saving the world, but another evil was attacking. So we had to go collect the Melodies. Then Falcon24 showed up, but he's evil for some reason, so he wants to destroy the world. And now Lavos came down when Falcon24 summoned him."
TsuramiSea frowned. "Falcon24 always did seem a little volatile. Oh well.
Hahahaha! You noticed, huh? Can't slip anything past ol' Tsurami.
If everyone's trying to save the world, why are you here all alone?""I got tired of adventuring," shrugged Chris, "so I just came back here to think about what's happened. I suppose you'll want to explore Eagleland too?"
TsuramiSea thought for a moment, and looked at his backpack. Then he answered, "Nah.... I brought along my mallet for fun, but I'm not a real hero. I'd probably be a coward in a real dangerous situation like this. I'll just stay here."
Chris seemed pleased. "Great. Maybe you'll join me, and we can talk?"
TsuramiSea smiled a little. "Well, that sounds all right... but first I want to see what the party was like. Where are the main area and the buildings? I'm assuming we weren't staying outside the whole time."
Let's think about why Tsurami seems so intent on befriending Chris (with or without Chris's approval for the moment.) Is it...
a. Because he, like, Chris, finds the violence detestable?
b. Because he wants to ingratiate himself to an administrator and guruzeth is AWOL (and scary anyway) and PSI322 is too lofty for mere mortals?
c. Because Tengu's trying to extend a tentacle in Chris's direction?
d. Because it seems like the safest thing to do, since Chris always seems to welcome companionship, whereas jumping into someone else's violence may have unpredictable results?

You decide! The only guidance I'll offer is that, based on Tsurami's writings elsewhere, (a) is unlikely.
Chris pointed inland. "The main SM.Net area is around the coast and slightly off of it. You can explore it, but no one's there. Hope you'll join me later, I wouldn't mind the company." He paused. "By the way, TsuramiSea's not your real name, is it? Or do your parents have strange tastes?"
TsuramiSea looked at the ground again. "Sorry, too paranoid to say."
Chris gave Tsurami a mock-scolding look. "Do I act like a stalker?"
ROFL. That is the single funniest line in the Gathering so far. Give that kid an Awesome Point!
(In case you haven't read much Gathering before reading this, the Gathering could feasibly be subtitled: meticulous documentation of Chris being a stalker. And said documentation isn't even close to complete yet. 
Tsurami laughed. "Well... okay, but for now, don't tell anyone else...." He whispered his name in Chris's ear.
This is getting a tad uncomfortable. Can't wait to see how Chris responds to this.
Tsurami is not doing this on purpose; he's 11 or 12 years old and may not even have hit puberty yet. He's just trying to communicate Chris that I trust you, you can trust me!
Chris nodded. "Okay. Well, see you later, I hope!"
"Sure thing, Chris!" called TsuramiSea, headed toward the SM.Net special buildings....

(Yes, this is really me, not the magic-using adventurer. Don't pull me into the Lavos plotline. If I want to enter it, I will. I just want to see the party for now.)
Now that is right out of the Tengu playbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author