IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

13 May 2011

Posts #591-600: 24 April 2000

Post #591, by Moo-Heimer

Moo-Heimer, PJman, and Zakk were exploring Deep Darkness when they came across tenda village and noticed that the tendas were all missing. They decided to look throughout all of tenda village, but they found nothing.
That would be an example of a redundant sentence. If you want to know what a redundant sentence looks like, that's a case in point.
They went down to Lumine Hole/Hall (whatever) and also noticed that the rock was gone.
It's Hall. Trust me. Also trust me about this: There is no rock in Lumine Hall.
"Strange" they all said in unison. They entered Lumine H*l* whatever it is and started exploring.

Moo-Heimer all of a sudden yelled "MOO!" and disappeared. He got knocked unconcious somehow.

When he was consious again, the three had to find out what caused that. They all stood shoulder to shoulder in a triangle and searched around for awhile. Then...
Hahahahahaha. It really sounds like he was high when he wrote this, and I'm not even sure I could guess on what substance in three tries.
------------------
I am the almighty cow, unless godofcows is around...


Post #592, by Foppy King

(Nathan, I had the Rainy Circle melody. And I disapeared because I took a lightning bolt for you and was incinerated. That helps.)
We really need to form a club for the attention-starved kids and get them all together. The IF form really was not an ideal support group for the unloved.


Post #593, by SirMontyG

"Osman, I'd like to go along with your group, but I've desided that I'm fighting against Falcon. I might be screwed up, but that's who I think is evil, and that's who I want to fight. Good luck with Pogopunk!"
It's probably a good thing for Osman that Major Asshole decided not to stay in his party. Besides, locating the most screwed-up individual around and sending him out after the Great Evil Presence is a time-honored RPG tradition.
Sir left for Scarabia, but was troubled most of the way there.
"What does he want with the melodies? And if this guy's so powerful, how can I stop him alone? And um, why is it raining?"
Sir finaly made it to the market, after hitching a ride to Summers and sailing from Toto, buying a few multi's along the way.
He's probably referring to multi-bottle rockets, but it's fun to assume he's referring to some new exotic street drug.
Leaving the walls of town, Sir gazes at the shimmering beam of energy shooting out of the top of the pyramid.
"Hmm, looks like smooth talk is gonna be my trump card.."
Hahaha. Always has been!
SirMontyG becomes friendly and affectionate!
You backed off.
Falcon24's body solidified!


Post #594, by SaturnAl

Alan: "Dude! I'll go with you, Osmond! Those guys, are like, in a major undertow!"
Sadly, I'm not familiar enough with bygone surfer slang to translate this, but I think it means "those guys need help" or something.


Post #595, by scuba steve

Then scuba steve jumps out of the wading pool (supsciously placed) and says "Why wasnt i written into the story!!!!"
Yeah... I'm going to risk it all and bet that he won't be hanging around.

I'm pretty sure scuba steve was a very young kid who appeared around the site, lasted a couple weeks and was summarily banned for being a general nuisance. Think Pikachu3164 on crack. Really good crack.


Post #596, by EBPoo

"Prepare for landing in Twoson," the Skyrunner computed.
I'll give you three guesses who doesn't really understand what "compute" means.
"WHAT??? I don't want to go to Twoson! I want to go to Dalaam!" yelled Poo.

"'Dalaam' command unknown. Now landing in Twoson," the Skyrunner II beeped. The Skyrunner landed in the area between Onett and Twoson. Poo got out and looked around. "GRRR! You stupid piece of junk! Now I'll never catch up to Falcon!" yelled Poo as he kicked the Skyrunner II. Suddenly, the Skyrunner began making beeping and whirring noises. "Next destination: Happy Happy Village. Now taking flight," said the Skyrunner II.

"Oh nooooooo! STOP!!!" yelled Poo with all his strength. But the Skyrunner II took flight and headed towards Happy Happy Village. To recover the Skyrunner, Poo knew he had to go to Happy Happy Village. And the only way to get there was through Peaceful Rest Valley. So Poo set off on his journey once again.

After walking for a brief period, Poo encountered a pencil shaped statue. Poo climbed over it and continued walking.
Everyone that ever got that far in EarthBound wonders why exactly the hell Ness didn't just climb over the pencil statue, or over the nearby rocks, and continue walking.
Suddenly, a man jumped out of a bush and demanded to take his picture. The man also mentioned something about fuzzy pickles. "You wanna take my picture???" Poo cried surprisedly. "You sicko! Fuzzy pickle this!" Poo yelled as he decked the camera man in the face.
That also fulfilled the dream of pretty much everyone that ever played EarthBound. Myself most of all.
The man fell down, unconcious. Without further ado, Poo continued on to Happy Happy Village.
This is one of my favorite posts in ages. It's entirely story-free and basically an elaborate rant on stuff that is bizarrely stupid in EarthBound.

Is there anyone in this thread that can spell "conscious"?


Post #597, by SirMontyG

(Umm, poo? Doesn't knocking out the camera guy have something to do with ripping apart the space-time continuim? I dunno, just read that in a Scientific American once..)
That was so close to being funny.
With the blue power eminating from the Pyramid, Falcon was overcome with a surge of energy "Ohhh...Yess...am becoming soo..strong!!"

Then, a silouette fell from above
"Who the?"

"Falcon, you don't know me, but I've sure heard of you. And that nifty little number right there" Said Sir pointing out the Glowing, black orb.

"Oh have you, now? Well, it's looks like your going to try and stop me, right?"

"Me? Oh, no..even with my bazooka and multi's I probably wouldn't stand a chance."
I have to admit, I'm smiling and fascinated by Major Asshole's violence-free approach to the AC pissing match. It's a breath of fresh air. I don't expect it to last longer than a sentence or two before either violence commences or Major Asshole goes evil.
"True enough, Sir. But to finish up this little mind trick your trying to play on me, what are your true intentions here?"

"That, dear evil one, can be described in one word."

"Yes?" Said Falcon, geting ready do destroy Sir in one swift, icy blow


*Yoink*

Sir snatched the sound sapper from the hawk eye position and ran out the south exit of the pyramid

"IF ANYONE HAS A RIDE, I COULD REALLY USE A LIFT RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!!"
I called it. The teenage male impulse to violence can be resisted for no more than four sentences at a time.


Post #598, by Pikachu3164

(A little note - I've been thinking about it for a while, and I've decided that this story is getting too crazy. I've even gone to as far as thinking of dropping out - It's just getting to wierd. Come on, I'm battling a guy that I have no clue as to what he looks like!)
(a) there is no chance you're going to drop out of the only source of attention, however slight, in your whole day; (b) that is a strange example to cite of why this thread is too weird.
----------
Pikachu thought about it for a minute, then decided. [Yea, we need to go to the hotel. I'm hungry and I have a box of Peanut Cheese Bars. And a few weapons wouldn't hurt. Teleport Beta!]
I have no idea why so many people think "yeah" is spelled "yea". There is no such word as "yea" unless you count the word in the King James Bible that is essentially an affirmative interjection, as in "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."
At Eagleland Resort
"You wouldn't believe that just yesterday, the entire SM.Net society was here..."
[What a desolate place.... Oh well. My room is on the 7th floor.
Pikachum and friends rode the elevator and ran into Pikachu's room. From there, they grabbed a life supply of Peanut Cheese Bars. Pikachu gave the others a few powerful weapons, and...
"Do you always carry stuff you can't use in your backpack?"
[Huh?]
Your arms are too strong to use a Gaia Beam, but you have one in your backpack."
[Never thought about it. Here, have some Star Pendants. ]
[I wonder what everyone's up to. I don't know where to head, so let me check my computer.]
with that, Pikachu grabbed a huge computer out of his minisculare backpack.
[Hmm...Sir is running out of the pyramid with a... Sound Sapper? Falcon is chasing him..."]
"IF ANYONE HAS A RIDE, I COULD REALLY USE A LIFT RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!!"
"Let's go help him!]
[PSI Teleport!]

Scaraba
"HELP! HELP! HELP!"
[Need a ride?]
"YES!"
[PSI Teleport!]

Back at the hotel
"You saved me! Thanks!"
That... was, beyond all doubt, the lamest rescue in the history of the universe.


Post #599, by EBGuy

Meanwhile.. and I mean meanwhile..
EBGuy was wandering around eagleland.
Currently he was in fourside.
[EBGuy] Woah. Where am I.
[EBGuy] Duh! Fourside! am I a dimwit?
[EBGuy. I need to get something to eat.
*Inside the Restaurant*
[EBGuy] *munch* *munch*
[EBGuy] Mmmm.
*KABOOM!!!*
[EBGuy] Hm?
[Store Manager] AHHHH! AHHHH!
*outside*
*EBGuy looks at the sunset in fourside and notices the sky is all red and the buildings are all shade of red.
[EBGuy] Freaky.. Ah well.
*EBGuy rents a boat and countinues his journey to summers...
You have to at least give him credit for striking out and doing his own thing, though it looks like the kind of post that isn't likely to be followed up on. Even if I hate his guts for continuing 3164's extremely annoying habit of using the less-than-greater-than signs that I have to manually convert to brackets.
------------------
"Okashii na.... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni..." -- Quatre from Gundam Wing
That's his sig block. Kids back then mistakenly thought quoting things in Japanese made them cool. They still do, actually, but it still doesn't.

The Gathering is really drifting into abject, and dull, nonsense right now.


Post #600, by Luna

"If I knew paralysis, I wouldn't even be fooling with this mole!" Luna yelled at Pogopunk "All I know is how to teleport, PSI Fire alpha, PSI Rockin' alpha..."
I wouldn't worry about it. Don't forget AC God Mode! Also, if you have Souvenir Coins and Gutsy bats, why are you worried about Mondo Mole? You can drop him in one.
"PSI Rockin' Isn't that Ness's attack??" pogopunk asked, blinking at her.
"My favorite thing, fool..."
"Oy..."
"and PSI freeze alpha."
"PSI freeze could help... It does damage and it solidifies for one turn, right?" Pogopunk said.
No, it will not help, as Mondo Mole is impervious to Freeze.
"Yeah... You think that'll hold it off?" Luna answered, glancing at the crazy mole's glistening teeth.
"I hope so... At least I've had my rabies shot!"
So the two launched themselves at the huge mole, whacking away at it with their bats while Luna shot PSI freeze at it. Soon, they had it down to only a few HP, and it was out of tricks.
"Hah!" The mole laughed at the two kids "You think you can defeat me that easily?"
"Uhm... is 'Yes' the correct answer, or was that a rhtorical question?" Luna asked just as the mole launched itself at pogopunk, flattening him with its huge mass.
"Augh! You nutso mole!" Luna screamed at the mole SMAAAAASHing it upside the head with her bat, knocking it out and clearing the way to the sanctuary.
Well, she probably was tired of being rescued every other post, and felt like doing some rescuing. At least Tengu would approve.

Viewing the totality of its activity in the past couple pogopunk/Luna posts, I conclude Mondo Mole was not the brightest crayon in the box.
Luna grabbed pogopunk from where he was smushed underneath the mole and dragged him into the sanctuary area. Pogopunk was instantly revived, and both their HP and PP were refilled. A familar fragment of song started playing... and the sound stone recorded it.
"Woohoo! We did it!" Pogopunk yelled happily. "Now we can finally see what the rest of the group is up to!"
"Sounds like a plan!" Luna smiled, and the two walked out towards happy happy village.
Hey, at least it's a readable post where something happened. We're making progress!
[This message has been edited by Luna (edited 04-24-2000).]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author