IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

16 January 2010

Posts #411-415: 22 April 2000

Post #411, by Dr. Andonuts

"We have to defeat all the scanuary guardians? Great," said Nathan. "I'm going to teleport to Twoson to see if Ness, Jeff, and Paula are still there. Anyone else want to come with?"
Oddly, he paid attention enough to pogopunk's nonsense to follow up on it, but ignored the part where Team Ness is useless. Pick and choose what you find convenient, that's the beauty of IF!



Post #412, by Luna

"I'm in!" Luna smiled. "I'd love to beat up a gardian and even find out if I have PSI powers! Let's go!"
GEE I WONDER WHETHER SHE WILL TURN OUT TO HAVE PSI POWERS

* Luna is now level 53! Luna realized the power of PSI Speling alpha.



Post #413, by PSI322

It wasn't long before Chris and Juliana were waving goodbye to Dungeon Man and walking through the desert sands up towards the bustling city of Scaraba.
That's right: Six or seven adobe huts plus a half dozen vendors on spread-out blankets constitutes a 'bustling city'. Probability PSI322 is from a very small town, based on this post: 92.5%.
"I've always dreamed of coming here," Juliana admitted. "I think it's one of the coolest spots in the game. I love the Scaraba theme music that EarthBound has!"
It is pretty snazzy. Let's see, best town/location theme music in EarthBound...
1. Winters
2. Fourside
3. Happy Threed
4. Scaraba
5. Deep Darkness

I didn't count Magicant. Obviously it would rank highly if I did.
Chris nodded. "It's so strange to be visiting real locations from EarthBound, isn't it?"

"It sure is," Juliana agreed as the two of them stepped into Scaraba and looked around. "This is amazing, simply amazing," she said as she gazed at the marketplace, wide-eyed. "I can't believe we're really here!"
PSI322, you've noticed by now, is wide-eyed a lot. Maybe it's some sort of medical problem. She should get that checked out.
"Now, there's the marketplace," Chris said, gesturing towards it. "We might want to see about buying something that can be used in battle."

"Weapons, of course," Juliana remembered. "You're right, first things first. We can buy weapons now and admire the beautiful city later." She and Chris hurried over to the marketplace and looked at all the different tables where merchants were selling their goods. "Where do we start?"
Weapons available in the Scaraba bazaar: 1. Snake bag 2. Snake

Choose carefully!



Post #414, by Falcon24

(This is not an add-on to the story, I merely have to say this:

AUGH#%@G%#@!!!!! STOP trying to kill me character!!! God, if I had known that the IF boards were like this I would never have joined the story.
Well..... bye.
Where I come from, my character is not HURT, MANGLED, or UNCONCIOUS unless I say so!! Are people on the IF forums simply allowed to go around beating the crud out of other people's character?
To an extent, yes. And that extent is, 'until the other person posts, reverses all damage and responds in kind.' You seem to be slow picking up on how this IF thing works.
If you noticed I have not even ONCE stated that my attacks hurt anyone. And are people allowed to go stating points of view too? I just read that recent post on rules, and I think not. I mean, Falcon would never in a million years say, "Arghh! My own spell used against me! I HATE Pikachu's!" This is really beginning to tick me off. PSI, can you please clarify this for me, because if this is how things work I don't think I want to continue.)
I think I speak for most of humanity when I say: Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

You think he's overdramatic about pretty much everything, much? You'll have to get used to it, because it just might become a... a.... theme.

And no, I had no awareness of this post's existence when I explained to 3164 how he'd royally pissed Falcon24 off back there. I've e-met Falcon 24 before; that's pretty much all it takes.
[This message has been edited by Falcon24 (edited 04-22-2000).]




Post #415, by Ness The Skittleboy

Meanwhile,in Scaraba, Ness The Skittleboy was admiring the lovely pottery and various desert goods.
Note the total lack of explanation for how the hell he got to Scaraba. He's just there, okay?
He drank his Dr Pepper and deposited it into the trash can.
Humorously, a literal reading of this forces one to assume that after drinking the Dr Pepper, he puked it all into the trash can, since 'it' would refer to the Dr Pepper.
He quickly did a blackflip and landed on top of one of the adobes.His ki was feeling something strange,something out of place.
Yeah, I feel that way after I upchuck, too. It wears off after a couple minutes.
Two figures were entering the town,and their auras told him they meant no harm.But it was something following them that has the bad vibe.He quickly bounded off the building to meet the two visitors.
No, that's actually Chris. Everyone finds him a little creepy, but it's not so bad once you get used to him and learn to appreciate how harmless he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author