IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

30 January 2010

Posts #486-490: 23 April 2000

Post #486, by PSIOsman

"Hmmm... Where should I go?" Thought PSIOsman. He looked at his Diamond Scimitar. It was four feet long, and curved gracefully, but not grotesquely as seen in the movies.
And it was preposterously stupid.
"I wonder where Poo and Falcon are? Maybe I should try and hold one of them up or something...
Why? Are they carrying lots of cash money on their person? And even if they are, why would you want to hold them up for it? You can afford a diamond scimitar, after all.
Actually, I should worry about them later. SirMontyG, Chris, and Juliana probably need my help, and I think I better check out Doc Andonuts' lab. And I need some slashing practice. I have a feeling that I may get into some Star Wars-type duels afterwards..."
'Veiled shot at Tengu?' was my first thought, but this was 2000. Star Wars was on all the kiddies' minds.
Osman starts after Sir, towards Winters, Stonehenge, and Andonuts' lab...
The action is swiftly converging at the Stonehenge base now. Hard to say why exactly, but it's a fair indication that the sanctuary quest is already petering out and people are looking for something else to do.



Post #487, by Little Yoshi

"I sense Falcon is nearing Pink Cloud, we can't let him get 2 melodies!" Tim said."I'm not sure if Pogopunk can stop him alone, but I need to help save Chris!"
"You can't go alone, I'm staying here." Juliana said.
The other decided...
So... he just wrote this post by say of saying 'f--- you' to Falcon24? Doesn't seem like those two are getting along so great.



Post #488, by pogopunk

battling through the cave of pink cloud, and also falling asleep several times because of the tangoo, pogopunk started to find himself in familiar territory. the hairs on his neck raising, he edged closer and closer to another corridor that he thought would lead to thunder and storm. strafing through it, he readied his pogostick to bash whatever popped out. "ai-YAH!" he screamed, about to smaaaash an enemy. however, he suddenly stopped when he saw what appeared to be falcon24!

"AIEEE!" screamed falcon, when he saw he was gonna be bashed. after quickly recognizing who it was, falcon appeared to blush and put on his gruff attitude. "oh, its you, what are you doing here?"
Yeah. Pretty sure Falcon24's endlessly cool AC is not about to get a fright put in him like that. That probably motivated Falcon to add a line to his 'Something I Would Prefer You Follow When You Use My AC' list. (Yes, that was an actual and very important IF thread, started by Anthadd.)
"what am i doing here, what about you?" pogopunk replied, "and whats that in your hand?" he asked, motioning toward a black glowing stone in falcons hand. he could feel the evil aura surrounding it, and thinking about it made him shiver.

"oh, why this.." falcon started off, and his voice sounded slimy and soothing, "this is just a soundstone i got. i uh, sorta made it fall in uh, tar pool, yeah, a tar pool, so now its all black. nifty, eh?" he said. "so, you wanna help me reclaim pink cloud, i'm sure our combined power will win it back for us" falcon proposed.

"hmmmm..." pogopunk began to debate for awhile, before choosing what to do.

"mwehehe," falcon laughed.

"what was that?"

"oh nothing, nothing, AT ALL."
This is very bad IF form, bad enough to get you banned from some forums. Forcing another AC to happily accept you into his team with open arms without his approval is very much the Wrong Thing. And he didn't pick the best target for it, either. There's a fair chance of a nuclear detonation in the near future. Well... maybe not that near. Falcon's probably OK with having mindless followers, as long as they stay mindless, so he might--might--try pogopunk out first.



Post #489, by Queen Catherine

I ran for the Onett Police station as Matt was trying to Kill me.
Not merely kill her, mind. He was trying to use PSI Kill on her for the totally sweet bonus.
I didn't know what his problem was, but there was something wrong with that boy.
You've known him a while, haven't you? Then why are you the only person who took until now to notice there's something wrong with him?
As I was about to run into the building, I looked behind to see Matt suddenly stop running and gasp for air. He looked at me with fear.
"Jenny..." He said. "Help me..!"
I shot him a puzzeled look. All he was trying to do was to kill me, and now he's begging for help? Was it a trap? I couldn't know.
I walked to him and he fell to his knees. Beads of sweat dripped from his face as he stared at me.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Something's back there." Matt explained. "I heard a voice... 'Mani Mani statue' was talking to me... controling me. It was controling me to kill you."
"Hmm.. let's go back for the others."
Totally cool reaction under pressure. Not 'get away from me, you freak!' like a sane person. Just, 'oh. Cool. Let's go back for the others.'

Personally, I'd kill him and see if that solved the Mani-Mani problem.
We walked back to the site where Giant Step was and Mog, Pikachu, and the rest left us behind.
"WONDERFUL!" I said. "They must've teleported without us!"
"I don't think they woud do that."
Oh, I do. I totally do.
"Then where would they be?"
"I dunno."
"This is peachy. We don't even have PSI powers to teleport or something to look for them."
"So that means..."
"We're on our own! Left in Onett alone."
"GREAT! That's just great! Now what are we going to do? We lost our group, we don't know where the way back to the beach is or anywhere. We're screwed."
There's always Beak Point. You can enjoy the sights and then do us all a favor and leap off the edge. It'll be fun! I promise! ((Matt, help me out on this))
Through it all, QC/PP continues to operate his two accounts and mostly interact only between the two accounts, only occasionaly brushing up against other AC's. Why he's doing this is beyond me.
[This message has been edited by Queen Catherine (edited 04-23-2000).]




Post #490, by Dr. Andonuts

Nathan, Pikachu, Dave, and Poryhedron were almost to the top of the Giant Step cave when suddenly a beeping noise came from Nathan's pocket.
I still don't know why the hell SS/MB continues to get away with operating two AC's, or why the hell Tengu hasn't called him out for it. Maybe he's planning to wait for a good spot to try and press the issue.
Pikachu and Dave jumped into the air, but Nathan just reached into his pocket and pulled out a palmtop. He opened it up and said, "Thats my teleportation alarm. It means that Falcon teleported somewhere." He hit a few buttons and said, "He is by Pink Cloud. I hope pogopunk can stop him."
Hopefully at some point Major Asshole will live up to his name in a different way by applying the Spaceballs meta-shtick and saying 'I'm reading the other posts on the IF thread we're in, and Falcon24 is now in Scaraba!' or whatever. Same effect as what Andonuts and pretty much everyone else is doing, but it's more amusing.
They reached the top of the cave, went out into the daylight where there is usually a magic butterfly, and sudenly encoutered a enlarged Titanic Ant.
I'm pondering the possible meanings of 'encoutered'. Some of them are quite disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author