IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

29 January 2010

Posts #456-460: 23 April 2000

Post #456, by EBPoo

"I don't believe this! All the others are out to claim the powers of the Sanctuaries too. Those greedy thieves! But little do they know of our master plan..." says Poo to Falcon.
It's like he's reading directly from the Standard Bad Drama Clichés Handbook.
"Are we going to battle this stupid mushroom, or what?" asks Falcon impatiently. Poo and Falcon walk up to the shining spot where they were greeted by the speech that all monsters guarding Sanctuary spots gave.
To wit, "Only Ness can absorb the power of this place." And you can do nothing else except leave. This is what happens when you talk to Shrooom! without Ness in your group.
Poo punched the devious mushroom a couple times while Falcon kicked it. Soon it sent out two little mushrooms to attack. "Ack, what do we do now? We have to end this battle quickly and head for the next Sanctuary spot," whispers Poo.

"Hmm..." thinks Falcon.
Very mechanical writing, and yet it feels almost refreshing. Point A -> Point B, done.



Post #457, by Little Yoshi

The fierce battle with the Evil Mani Mani Statue raged on, but Tim couldn't face it very well.
"Special Omega!" The Starue said again,
Which Evil Mani-Mani can't use.
nearling K.O.ing Tim.Tim couldn't get up before facing his final blow, PSI Special Beta. And with that, Tim was not only knocked out.
Not only knocked out, but...?
"Pitiful fool..." The Statue said, preparing for the deathstrike."No!" it said, interupting itself. "You may be of use to me.
Apparently the Standard Bad Drama Clichés Handbook is being passed around today.
I need you to claim Rainy Circle before the other evil does. Otherwise, the Apple will not consider it a fair duel, and I will cease to exist.
So all I have to do is... do nothing, and I win? Cool.
Go now, and take Rainy Circle from Shroom! you must have Sanctuary power to engage in a fair fight with me...alone. Also, I must be the only evil in this world, therefore, I may work on stopping Falcon and EBPoo, though I can't kill them, I can hold them up. Go now, for you and your friends' sake."Tim vanished from the downstairs and appeared right behind Shroom!

"How did you get here?!" Falcon yelled.
By being an atrociously terrible IF writer bouncing from place to place doing whatever he pleases. This post is a train wreck even by Liyoshi's standards. Good god.
"I...don't know." Tim replied.
"Get outta here now!" EBPoo shouted, finishing off a small mushroom.
Tim stayed anyways, battling Shroom! While hoping not to be attacked by the two evils that The Mani Mani Statue was talking about.
"I just hope Pikachu sends me a Sound Stone before they get their hands on something like that..." Tim thought to himself, dodging Shroom!'s spores.
Such. Awful. Writing. Gaaah. I'd rather read 3164's writing.

And how the hell do you dodge spores? Seriously.
[This message has been edited by Little Yoshi (edited 04-23-2000).]




Post #458, by michael_cayer

(Any Sanctuaries I can help with? And no, I'm not new to this story. I appeared once on page 5. )
Instant ban. Go away; don't come back. READ THE F---ING THREAD AND JUMP IN, YOU LOSER.

I'm not really as bitter as I sound, but (a) this is an especially bad batch of posts, and (b) lazy people trying to get involved in the cool IF story by getting someone else to do the actual work piss me off.



Post #459, by Foppy King

After a blast of psychic power, SHROOOOM! was defeated.
Shrooom!, actually. Only three O's, only one capital letter.
"Finnaly!" cried Falcon.
Finnaly was a short-lived nation state (1733-1741) when Italy, under the direction of Pope Tyranus VIII, annexed Finland. It ended badly when two Finns, named Miika and Sami, marched right into Italy, slaughtered some 17,000 poor misguided souls who got in their way, and personally buried Tyranus VIII under a 14 foot high pile of snow they hauled all the way across Europe themselves.

And thus all western civilization learned what that stubborn bastard Josef Stalin insisted on learning the hard way: Do not f--- with Finland.
As they walked toward Rainy Circle another battle swirl apeared. "Huh?" asked Poo. They searched for the enemy and eventualy looked down to see a Foppy with a crown on his head. "Who are you?" inquired Falcon. "I have come to stop you! I am the FOPPY KING! GWWAAARRGG!!" "You think you can stop us? You're just a stupid Foppy," Poo taunted. The Foppy King became very angry and grew to a size bigger than the Sky Runner. "GWWAAARRGG!!" he repeated.
Time to break out the Summon Gallagher materia.



Post #560, by Little Yoshi

"Are you going to fight me too, Mr. Foppy King?" Tim asked, wishing he had a Sound Stone to absorb the energy of Rainy Circle.
[Pikachu, Luna, please! I need a Sound Stone so I can get Rainy Circle before it falls into enemy hands!]
This hideous bawling for attention is painful to watch. I'm sorry for putting you through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author