IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

19 January 2010

Posts #421-425: 22 April 2000

Post #421, by Little Yoshi

(Pikachu, In was saying that because I did know why, or at least think I knew why. Pikachu, I'm not mad at you saving me from Starstorm, we're great friends in this IF, right?)
My best guess as to why he cares whether 3164 is his friend or not is that he fancies himself the leader of his group, and doesn't want to lose influence. It would not surprise me to learn that today he's on the fast track to middle management.



Post #422, by Pikachu3164


(Okay, first, Falcon, I fixed my post that you got angry about, so you may want to check it out and see if your happy about it. If you aren't, calmly let me know, okay? And Little Yoshi, yea, we are friends in here. Where did you get the idea we weren't?)
I don't know what exactly he fixed, but you can see the post in question as it stood after he edited it, and it's plenty obvious there what pissed Falcon24 off. Based on what followed, I presume he actually killed Falcon24's AC in the original post, then switched it to 'paralyzed' after Falcon flipped out and PSI slapped 3164's wrist and yelled, 'BAD!
' [Okay. I have paralyzing attacks, so I think my groups should go after Mondo Mole, whoever my group is. Luna, you go after Titanic Ant. He's close by.]
These guys couldn't give Team Ness all that much of a fight; they don't have a chance against these AC's. Can't they just submit a letter of surrender and go quietly into retirement?
"Sounds good to me."
[Okay. Want to come with me, Mog?]
God no.



Post #423, by Falcon24

(s'alright, I got carried away myself. I'm used to real-time IF(as in an rpg in a chat room) so this is new to me...anyways, I guess it'd be a better idea to put this aside to combat a greater evil)
No way to be sure exactly what 'greater evil' he's referring to. Buzz-Buzz, maybe.
Falcon trekked back to Winters in order to locate EBPoo. After several hours searching through the thick, snowbound forests, he found him.
Numerous posters should take note of Falcon's correct spelling of 'trekked'. It isn't 'trecked'.
"I have been thinking, this bickering is a bit silly. I suggest a new gameplan. Do you remember the sanctuaries in Earthbound? Well it's a good chance that there are sanctuaries on this island, with guardians no less. Try to imagine...if we were to claim these sanctuaries as our own, the amount of power that would be bestowed upon us! I suggest we head for Rainy Circle and show a certain Fungus who's boss."
That's another thing. I'm pretty sure Ness was the only guy in the world that was able to make any use of the Sanctuaries; they're referred to as 'Your Sanctuary' only to Ness, i.e., Ness's Sanctuary. I'm pretty sure if evildoers could do anything with Sanctuary Power, they would have simply done so long before Ness ever got there, and that Giygas parked bosses in front of each one because that was pretty much all he could do, try to stop Ness from reaching them.
(I always love playing villains, they're so much more complex. Gotta love 'em. )
I would have guessed the main reason he liked playing villains was because he's an asshole and it comes naturally to him. (guruzeth fairly regularly played villains in the early IF stories, for the same reason.)

There's nothing that makes a villain more 'complex' than a hero. There are good writers and bad writers. You could say 'complex writers' and 'simple writers', but complex emphatically does not automatically equal good.



Post #424, by Chris

Thanks to Dungeon Man, Chris and Juliana found the parts that they needed to repair the motor to the boat, and soon, they were sailing once again, back to Deep Darkness.
I honestly don't know what they need the boat for, since Juliana can so effortlessly tow the damn thing across a river with an inflatable liferaft and an oar.
They kept the raft with them, just in case the motor broke down again. After a few hours of travel, they found themselves approaching the coast. Chris noticed that there weren't any tents around, and he figured the captian must have closed up business (seeing as how he didn't have a boat).
Or perhaps the captain went back to his mob bosses and informed them of what happened, and you're about to get a few caps popped in your sorry ass.
Chris and Juliana tied up the boat, and started through Deep Darkness. Along the way, they encountered there
[sic]
first fight, and defeated a Zap Eel. After the battle, they gained experience from the fight, and grew stronger. With that, they discovered their own hit point counts.

"Man, I'm weak! Only 100 HP! And I always thought I'd do well if I was an Earthbound character." Chris muttered.

"Hey, I've got 110! I'm stronger!" Juliana replied.
I'd love to hear how the hell you survived an encounter with a Zap Eel then. It's just further emphasis on the irrelevance of HP, or any other measurement of health, for AC's, who are invincible.
And so, they continued making their way through Deep Darkness, in search of Tenda Cave and Electro Specter.
Though even at the level 14 or so that their 100 HP suggests, they can still wipe the floor with Electro Specter blindfolded and with their shoelaces tied together.



Post #425, by Little Yoshi

(Pikachu, it's just you said people were getting mad at you, so I got concerned, I don't want anyone to feel I'm mad at them, ok desu ka?)
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
"Pikachu, that's a good idea!" Tim said, and sped off towards the Fourside water.
After arriving, he docked and activated Security System 00.
THIS IS NOT CHRONO TRIGGER YOU CHUCKLEF--- WHY DON'T YOU GO WRITE ON A CHRONO TRIGGER BOARD AND LEAVE US ALONE
He went off to the Cafe, and walked up to the counter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author