IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

24 January 2010

Posts #426-430: 22 April 2000

Post #426, by Luna

"I wanna go to happy happy village! I've always wanted to go there! I mean, you don't HAVE to have paralyzing attacks... I bet I could beat up that mole!" Luna said.
[only for pikachu to decide]
You don't actually see the [only for X to decide] tag much on this IF board, but I'm given to understand it's quite common out there in RP land.



Post #427, by EBPoo

"Huh?" Poo zooms back into reality as he realizes Falcon24 was talking to him. "What the heck took you so long to get here, Falc Face?" Poo snaps annoyedly. "Luna, Tim, and Nathan are already gone! I wonder why they didn't wait for me. So what's this about defeating a giant mushroom?"

"Well...we can take over the world if we claim all the sanctuary locations for ourselves!" proclaimed Falcon.
So which one's Pinky and which one's the Brain? I feel like it's important to note this for the record.
"The world is ours, my friend. The world is ours," says Poo. The two travel through the thick snow, occasionally battling rabid dogs, cool crows, and hot-tempered goats.
I don't know. Gruff isn't really the same thing as hot-tempered. Gruff indicates kind of a general bad attitude about things. To be both gruff and even tempered is entirely possible, or even to be optimistic and upbeat but hot-tempered.
Soon the pair reached the camp of the Tessie Watching Club. "Oh great. What do we do now? We kidnapped Tessie, remember? How're we supposed to get across the lake! Aw, quit gnawing me, you stupid monkey," Poo says as he kicks a bubble blowing monkey away.
Poo thinks he's being clever, forgetting he's in the company of a dude that's spent most of his screen time so far flying around high in the sky. Then again, it's possible Poo still has a problem; Falcon24 isn't renowned for his kindness



Post #428, by Dr. Andonuts

"I want to go defeat Titanic Ant," said Nathan. "I made a slightly modifed Gaia Beam that should help and I never liked Peaceful Rest Valley in EB. If its just us three(Luna, Pikichu, and Nathan) then why don't we go defeat Titanic Ant and then continue on to Mondo Mole?"
I can't see what Titanic Ant stands to gain by standing around at Giant Step, patiently waiting to be splattered into goo by one shot from Nathan's Gaia Beam; EarthBound's Gaia Beam (presumably weaker than the AC's) is strong enough to one-hit KO Titanic Ant even when wielded by a level 1 Jeff.
(oops, I posted right after luna did, so i edited my post to make sense)
He's not kidding. The last three posts are four minutes apart: 19:30, 19:32, 19:34. Such is the rate of posting on the Gathering in the evening.

Actually, I'm beginning to notice a pattern of shorter posts by the weaker/newer posters in the evenings, and longer posts by the stronger/older posters in the late night/early morning/early afternoon periods, probably because those guys write their posts in advance, adjust them for happenings and then post them once things slow down a little (or put the finishing touches on them just before or after school).

Yes, you'd better believe people take IF this seriously.
[This message has been edited by Dr. Andonuts (edited 04-22-2000).]




Post #429, by Pikachu3164

Pikachu thought about it for a few seconds, then started talking, [Well, I've always wanted to go to Happy Happy Village, but if you really want to go there, I guess I'll go handle Titanic Ant.
[Hey, first, who else wants to go with me? Dave? Poryhedron? I know you two are here somewhere... ... ... Ouch!]
"What happened?" aked Luna.
Pikachu looked around for a bit, trying to find out what happened. That's when he saw a rock that stood out.
[I guess that rock fell on my head... I wonder how it got into the air... Hmm. There's some paper on it...]
Rocks fall everyone dies.
[It's a note!]
*Pikachu is reading the note out loud*
---------------------------------------------
To Pikachu and Poryhedron:
Although we have never met, we could be considered family. I am Mewtwo, most powerful of all Pokémon.
Since when does Mewtwo care about other pokemon, much less like them or feel big brother feelings for them? Mewtwo is a psychotic death machine that kills everything that moves without mercy, a genetic experiment gone horribly wrong.

At least, that's his in-game background; I'm sure the anime paints him in a more positive light, or something. Whatever.
Blah blah blah created by Team Rocket too blah blah blah... Ooh! Something interesting! Eagleland is in grave danger. 2 villians are out to absorb the power of the Your Sanctuaries. If they ever manage to absorb the power, the Earth will be doomed. You must go out and absorb the full power of at least one of these sanctuaries. By doing this, the 2 villians will be stoped. To do this, I have attached a Sound Stone to my note. Now go save the world!
Mewtwo
That... might be the most boring thing I have ever read in my life. Well, OK, outside of formal English classes. Pikachu3164 may be boring as all hell, but he's not nothing on John f---ing Knowles.
P.S. I can't help you because if even one more AC is added to this story, things will get even more confusing. Plus, there's the 1 AC a user rule set by PSI.
Mewtwo's so badass he breaks the fourth wall with ease.
---------------------------------------------
[Okay. Cool. I got the Sound Stone!]
Now the story has advanced to the point--common to most IF--where all the AC's are competing with each other to see who can be the most important, i.e., The Hero, which is of course pointless because they all ignore each other and no one ever wins. What fascinates so many internet people about unwinnable competitions is beyond my grasp.
(By the way, What happened to Q. Catherine and Mog? I don't think they've replied in a while.)
You say that like it's a bad thing. Way to summon them, doofus. QC/PP FHTAGN!!!!
[This message has been edited by Pikachu3164 (edited 04-22-2000).]




Post #430, by Little Yoshi

???!
When Tim recovered, he was in the hopsital on a dark night.
"Wow, this hospital sure likes neon lights!" Tim exclaimed.
"No, I agree!" The nurse said.
Liyoshi has placed himself in Moonside for no explained plot-relevant reason whatsoever. Like many, he's now caught up in the Race to Do Cool EarthBound Stuff Before Someone Else Does. Pointlessness ensues.
"Huh?" Tim said.
"Perhaps you shouldn't go back to sleep, call me when you wake up!"She said.
"What the heck?! I shouldn't go back to sleep, but I should get you when I wake up?"
"Yes, yes, yes! Don't go to back to sleep! Sweet dreams!"She said, walking out of the room. Tim decided to go to sleep anyways, and when he awoke, it was about an hour later.
"Can I go now?" Tim asked.
"No, it'll be $140," She said.
"I'm paying before I'm starting to go?" Here," Tim handed her $140.
Of course Tim is carrying $140 around. Much, much more than that, since you asked.
"I'm leaving, bye."
"Bye!"
Tim walked out, and felt a super bomb in his face.
When he came to, he was back in the Hospital room."I'm much weaker than I thought!"
"No, I guess so..." She said, and let Tim go free of charge. Again, Tim met a Pump that threw a super bomb at him, and he was knocked out again.
Robo-pumps do nothing for three turns before throwing a Bomb, not a Super bomb, providing ample time to run like hell, should you so choose. I'm not certain Liyoshi has ever actually played EarthBound; I'm starting to think it's more like he's watched Chris play EarthBound while whining at him to get off the SNES already so he could play Chrono Trigger.
"You know, you should keep coming here..." The nuse said.
That's an even more badass version of a muse, of course.
"Why?"
"Well, it's rude to repeatidly visit again and again." She replied.
"That's just great, I'm gone!"
Would you mind? I'd appreciate that.
Tim said, ducking as he left the building, and ran outside to confront the pump. He attacked with Leap Slash, and defeated the pump. Suddenly, the Masamune transformed into a pinecone!
"What the heck?!" Tim shouted.
He put the pinecone in his blue backpack, and walked on. He saw quite a bright, golden light in the middle of the town...
I'll be amused to see whether anyone follows him into Moonside under equally pointless and/or nonsensical pretenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author