IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

05 November 2011

Posts #831-835: 5 May 2000

Post #831, by SuperSpeedy/Mankey Boy

Poryhedron landed in his Magicant, and all it appaered to be was several "computers" as houses and portals, with 0's and 1's as the land.
He saw Pikachu and his Magicant in one computer, and waffle & Luna in theirs in another.
This doesn't compute! thousht Poryhedron. No one can share a Magicant!
It's odd that that is what you've honed into as the nonsensical thing about all this various-Magicants business.
A big "I" was shown in a computer, as an info stand. Poryhedron walked through a screen.
"Amazing," said Poryhedron.
"You wanna get to Pikachu's Magicant, huh?" said the weird man.
"You need a password!" said the Team Rocket member next to him. "Same with the enterance to the other Magicant portals!"
The Rocket threw Poryhedron out.
Interesting that Poryhedron didn't just kick his ass.
"How rude!" said Poryhedron. "I figure the the surf in my cyber-Sea of Eden will show me the codes. Maybe I need a hacking program."





Post #832, by Anthadd

Anthadd woke up. But where he was, wasn't where he was. (Someone PLEASE say you can get this.)
Anthadd, I know I'm over 11 years late now and all, but: Yes, I get this. I hope you feel better now.
"My own little Magicant? Yet I've not collected a single melody. I left before we obtained Rainy Circle."
Anthadd's willing to point out the absurdity, but he won't refrain from participating in it. That would be boring. And uncool. But mostly the boring.
Lumine Hall-style writing ran across a similar wall. "Is this a dream?" the writing said. (No, this is NOT another AC -- it's my thoughts).
LOL. I guess he was aware that a lot of people haven't actually played EarthBound and might not know what he was referring to.
Anthadd looked up. Instead of the sun, a rock was in its place. The clouds were rocks...well, everything was rocks.
"This is Magicant...my Magicant...my dream world."
There are now seven billion people in the world, and Anthadd is probably the only one whose dream world consists of... rocks.
Upbeat music began to play, and Anthadd started singing to it. The sun-rock began to wobble.






Post #833, by Traceh

(Thank you much for that link, Falcon)

Out of breath from being out of shape for 6 days (eating at the buffet and playing nintendo all day does that ya know), Tracy plopped down on the sand next to guruzeth.
What are you talking about? Playing Nintendo all day keeps you in great shape!
"Im not quite sure what to do. Everyon else is gone on their 'adventures'.
A+ use of the quotation marks to express your disdain.
Aparently this is island is just one big Eagleland. I was thinking about trying to find a way to Scaraba. They have those awesome pyramids there and mabye I can get one of those pig noses, those are kinda cute. Of course I wanna also meet up with some other EBers, isnt that the point of this get-together in the first place?"
Well then, my dear Traceh, you will have to make a choice. For if you wish to join up with any EBers besides guruzeth, you are going to have to do battle to save the world. guruzeth is the only poster not presently involved in that very thing. Well, I guess other than PSI322 and Chris. But trust me, it's better to leave them alone.
Tracy picked up a palm-full of sand and let it sift through her fingers, thinking.
Traceh is doing something you may not have seen at all through the previous 832 posts: writing atmosphere. Even for all the misspellings, she had a better knack for writing than most.
"How does that sound, guru? Do you have any ideas? At this point I would rather just be anywhere but this hotel," she said, rather flatly.

She rose to her feet and hauled her jansport up with her, wondering about that ammusement park and if it was finished yet.
Ahhh, Jansports. I don't know if this has changed now, but when I was in middle and high school there were only two kinds of people in the world:
(a) Those who owned Jansport© brand backpacks.
(b) Losers.
I, of course, was always in category (b). The same went for clothes and shoes, of course; you were expected to wear the big (read: expensive) name brands or else you were a loser. I hated having to wear off-brand shoes and was convinced they were why my school day was eight hours of being laughed at and bullied. (After gaining enlightenment years later, I realized that the real reason for that was, I was a sissy.)
But the Jansports? Please. I fought my mother for years to get the expensive shoes, but I agreed with her about the damned Jansports. $60 for a backpack indeed. Even at age 12 I was smart enough to realize a stupid backpack should never cost more than $15. Even when I got a job in my late high school years and finally bought myself Nike© shoes, I still refused to piss ten hours of my life away on the cool kids' backpack. F*** that s***.




Post #834, by Mog116

(The tenth melody was for people who wanted to do it. Ya don't have to.
Wow, thanks for clarifying. And here I thought everyone writing on the Gathering did have to get the tenth melody, Or Else. I feel better now.
Mog ended up in Fourside.
Why? Why did he end up in Fourside?
Then he heard several crashes coming from the Monotoli building. He looked up, but saw nothing. Then Mog just suddenly disappered and landed in the Cafe Basement. [Uh-Oh! How do I leave?] Mog suddenly disappeared again. This time he was on the Monotoli Building. There was someone else up there, too. When Mog got near he/she/it Mog teleported away again.
I am utterly disoriented, not understanding in the slightest how or why he is teleporting around.
Now he was in the park of Fourside, so he ran out ontu the street, and ran into Himself(?). [Huh?] Mog suddenly disappeared, and landed on the Cafe. He could hear the crashes and bashes from within, so he jumped down. In Mid-Jump, he disappeared, and landed in a room with Nothing in it.
But how much Nothing? Just a little Nothing, or was the room packed full of it?
This kid was so high as a kite when he wrote this.
Or so he thought. Mog reached down, and grabbed the Pika Pendet! (sp?) Mog equipped it, and changed back to Pikupo! (A much weaker one)
Pikupo disappeared and landed on the Monotoli building again. [Dang it. I need to fight Lavos!] Pikupo suddenly relized! He must have found the power of Teleport Omega, only couldn't control it. Pikupo thought hard, and suddenly ended up at Lavos!
.....all of that--all of that goddamn nonsense--just so he can plant his AC where he wants his AC to be. My heart hurts.
-Darth struck w/ his light saber-
-3000 damage-

Pikupo decided to help defeat Lavos, and used Blazing Kupo Punch! Mog did zero damage, and was then knocked back by Lavos shooting his eye.
Wow. Apparently Lavos can use guns now. And he's a damn good shot too, shooting him right in the eye like that.
Darth jumped forward, trying to go through the hole while his eye was missing, but missed. Mog flew at Lavos again, with another Blazing Kupunch.

At the Cafe...

-324 damage to Evil Mani mani-

"But I didn't even attack! I healed!" Tim said.
Man, I'd love to know exactly what this kid smoked before he wrote this.
[This message has been edited by Mog116 (edited 05-05-2000).]


Post #835, by Tengu Maul

Lavos then ruptured and blasted Pikupo with a beam, sending him into the air.

"You dare interupt my fight?!" Lavos growled with rage, "I want to kill these mortals first, then I'll handle you."
Hahahahaha! I love Tengu. I always did love Tengu... I just couldn't admit it to myself before. Tengu brings the goods every time. You did not try to f*** up Tengu's carefully laid plot rails. Or this happened to you--he'd just seize control of whatever villain you're attacking as though it's Tengu's AC and make you go away.
He threw Pikupo about a mile away, and when he tried to return, he found Lavos had surround the area with a force barrier. Lavos appeareantly wanted no one else to get in on the fight. He wanted to kill Falcon, and teach Darth a lesson, and he wanted no interference.
This is so ridiculously not allowed in IF, and Tengu doesn't even give a s***. You'd like to think Tengu is surmising, correctly, that (a) neither guruzeth nor PSI322 is reading any of this, and also (b) even if they did, they wouldn't likely rush to a schmuck like Mog116's defense. But no, Tengu is not thinking about any of that. He just doesn't give a s***. You do not f*** with Tengu's plot rails, end of story.
Tengu of course is powerless to enforce his cease-and-desist order to Mog116 if Mog116 chooses to force the issue. But he knows Mog116 will be too intimidated to do that.
Darth then recovered and spun in on the eye/head of Lavos, but Lavos shrugged off the damage and shot beams at him.

Jeff lit a multi bottle rocket and blasted into the eye, doing around the same damage as Darth's slashes.

Paula then used PSI Freeze Omega at the same time Ness used PSI Rockin Omega, and sent the attack into Lavos. The effect was minimal, and Lavos gazed at Falcon...

[As I said, please let my group and Falcon(if he wants to) handle Lavos until we give the word, since Tim's allowed to take Evil Mani Mani on one-on-one.]
You are not Lord and Master of this thread, and you have no power whatsoever to tell people what they are and are not allowed to write.
You have to understand, Tengu Man had been doing exactly this stuff in every IF thread he ever posted in, in virtually every post. This had been going on day after day for nearly a year by this time. guruzeth had threatened to ban him from the forum a dozen times at least by now. Tengu Man just didn't give a f***.
[This message has been edited by Tengu Maul (edited 05-05-2000).]

3 comments:

  1. Obviously Mr. Tengu did eventually give an rat's ass, but it took forever for it to happen appearantly, that or maybe his interest in writing IF finally just gave out altogether. I honestly cannot remember anymore what it actually was.

    I honestly don't recall having many ban threats earlier. It was near the end that I think there was one and that I finally took it seriously since I didn't really want to be cast out of the forums [yet now a days, I'm a mere lurker for 99% of the time on there x.x]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back then it didn't seem like you were that big on the "Interactive" part of the "Interactive Fiction" concept, so yeah, if you lost interest in writing IF for a while you're not alone. You'll recall it ended up with the better writers quitting the IF board and writing their own collaborative fanfics off forum.

    I may be exaggerating the ban threats; it was probably more me yelling at you to quit being obsessive. No surprise you ignored that, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it was just flat out I wasn't good with writing back and forth collaboration fiction. Even now I tend to have issues with sharing a storyline with another actual writer due to how complex the ideas in my head get. :P

    On the other hand, I have a fic where some of my RL friends are part of the idea-making process. That's never really bothered me when they come up with stuff, although some of that might also attribute to them have their own characters in the story and wanting to make sure I don't screw their guys over. XD

    ReplyDelete

Posts by Author