IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

19 November 2011

Posts #926-930: 9 May 2000

Post #926, by Pikachu3164

[Let's go very quiet. Maybe he won't hear us.]

Pikachu and Poryhedron walked very quiently past Lavos, not knowing that his External Shell had been destroyed. They crept into the Milky Well caves, and started running towards the well.
It was just the opposite, the way I remember it. Eye destroyed, shell still intact.
Poryhedron gave a sigh of relief. "That was close! Lavos could have squi... oh oh!"

[What!?]

"I don't know! What is that?!"

"I'm... uhh... I don't know... Oh yea! I'm a Baby Lavos! Oh yeah... You finally... uh...

[Got here.]

Yeah! This is the, umm..."
Ohhhhh, that is so interesting. He has now appointed a villain from a different game Sanctuary boss instead of Trillionage Sprout, who has of course already been killed several times in this thread alone. Now the door is open for infinite different Sanctuary bosses. Ganon! Jenova! The Giant of Bab-il! That eyeball-thing from Link to the Past!
[Third Your Sanctuaruy location?]

"Yeah! How'd you know!? But, uhh..."

[It's yours now.]

"Geez! Your good at this! Take it from me."

[You forgot to add, "If you dare."]

"Man, your good. I keep forgetting about that! Now, what was I going to do to you?"

Poryhedron jumped in. "You were going to let us into the Milky well."

"I was? Okay, go right ahead!"

Pikachu and Poryhedron ran into the Milky Well and started to absorb the power before Baby Lavos realized that wan't what he was going to do to them.
You think what you want, but I like this post. You would perhaps rather have read yet another AC God Mode beatdown? 3164's actually showing a small sliver of creativity and humor here. It's not much, but it's something. Hold it up to most of 3164's activity in the Gathering and it's clear he has taken a level.
[That was easy.]

"Yep."

[Onto Magnet Hill! Teleport Omega!

It would figure that Pikachu and Poryhedron landed above Tim's boat instead of Magnet Hill. It would also figure that the Teleportation left them 50 ft above sea.

Pikachu started screaming. [Aieeeeeee! Help! Help! Help!]

Poryhedron also started screaming. "Ahhhhhhhh!! Wait a minute... I can float!"
So.... grab onto Poryhedron? Would that be a crazy thing to suggest?
[This message has been edited by Pikachu3164 (edited 05-09-2000).]






Post #927, by loid

In kiyo's magicant:

"Sir, this is my fight, but I guess you can provide comentary.
That is a perfect way to take advantage of Major Asshole's presence.
you see, this randite infected my mind, making me evil, the apple of enlightment says that the first one through that "American Gladiators" obstacle course to the sea of eden wins"

Sir grabed a microphone
"Ok then, lets go! The first one to the sea of eden gets controll of Kiyo's mind, and there off! Randite in the lead, now there climbing the wall but Kiyo seems to be better at that, through the maze, up the conveyor belt, yikes! Randite just psi freezed Kiyo! That was cheating! randite is trying but cant seem to climb through the net, wait whats this? Kiyo thawed out! and he's got a steel chair! Ouch! Randite is out cold! Kiyo's climbing through the net, now he has to dig through the pit of plastic balls to find the exit, randites geting up and hes in the ball pit to, oh no he found the door! He... just might... Oh I dont belive this! Randite wins!"
"BOO!"
after that Sir and Kiyo returned to thier bodies, but the good part of kiyo was now trapped in magicant.
This is about the third time in all my annotating the Gathering that I have laughed out loud at something that was meant to be funny. I think loid is now officially my favorite poster, and loid/Major Asshole is definitely my favorite plotline team going right now. That post was pure awesome. It was everything I ever liked about IF.





Post #928, by Little Yoshi

"Hi, Nathan...! I gotcha Pikachu!" Tim shouted. Porheydren manuevered safely onto the boat, and Tim did his best to get under Pikachu's shadow, but was too slow. He quickly used his boat's claw to pick up Pikachu and pull him on.
I think the consequences of an electric rat falling into a lake would be fascinating. I don't even know what would happen. I can guess it's probably nothing good for the nearby aquatic wildlife.
"Hi Pikachu, Porheydren," Tim said.
"Where do you guys need to go?"
[Magnet Hill,] Pikachu responded.
This is funny because by rights Magnet Hill should be by far the easiest Sanctuary to get to. Just take a bus to Fourside, walk a few blocks and climb over a wooden fence.
"Well! I haven't got that melody either! Let's go together, whaddya say? Nathan, you coming?" Tim asked.

[This message has been edited by Little Yoshi (edited 05-09-2000).]





Post #929, by SirMontyG

"If he woulda let me help..well, how could I help, anyways? The gauntlet is a one-man event.." Sir muddered as he came two.
LOL. Major Asshole possesses much wisdom.
"Uh oh, better check on how Kyio's doi.."*CRAAAASHH* The evil part of Kyio, now wild and free, smashed Sir over the head with his own daquri glass, then ran out the hotel, leaving Sir, limp on the ground, to face his own Magicant.
I am amused by how you no longer need to do any of the Sanctuary crap to gain access to Magicant. You just have to get cold-cocked by somebody.
.

..

...

...."Wha...what's that? It almost sounds like.."

"Take Five?" Said a voice. He was right, the intro to an old jazz tune by Dave Brubeck was being played. Where the band, or the voice was, could not be seen.

"Ohh, wait, I know how this works. I've gone into the inner workings of my own mind to purge out the evil in me, right?" Sir asked to no one in particular.
Please don't do that. The evil in you is what makes you so entertaining.
The same voice responded: "You'ld think that, wouldn't ya?" It wasn't Sir, but it was Sir's voice. "In your own mind, you haven't decided what is good or evil, therefore you have nothing to fight and little to gain."

"Wait, what if this is the evil part of me trying to confuse myself?"

"Ha ha, very good. I should have expected you to guess that one. Yes, you're biggest evil is your indesisivness! You defeat me and you can get a better grasp on your consiousness and self-being. Lose, and you will be forced to stumble and studder around like the fool that you are. Mwaahaa!"
Again, I can't help but think Major Asshole losing here is the best outcome for us.
(The evil part of me is so lame. he just gave away his defeat.) Sir thought to himself.

"I heard that!!" The music quickly changed from cool jazz to Limp Biskit's: Break Stuff

"Just one of those days.." Sir ran into the darkness to fight off his evil side
The best summation of Limp Bizkit I ever saw was the opening line to Dave Barry's History of the Millennium: "And so here we stand together, the human race, plus the members of 'Limp Bizkit', on the brink of the year 2000."




Post #930, by Dr. Andonuts

"Sure, I'll come along," said Nathan. "I've got nothing better to do. Hmmm, i wonder what i've got on hand for weopons?" He reached into his pocket and pulled out his modifed Gaia Beam. "This should do."
It might not be the most pointless post in the entire Gathering--there is a lot of competition for that title--but it's got to be in the top ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author