IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

12 November 2011

Posts #846-850: 5 May 2000

Post #846, by Dr. Andonuts

Nathan had found the missing sound stone piece, and teleported back to the present. He then sent all of his sound stones to Tim, and began to pray for him.

Tim's prayer was anserwed by N-tha-.
Na--an felt Tim's danger and prayed for his safety.
It's been so long since Liyoshi's last post (much less Dr. Andonuts') that I had to go back and find it to remember what the hell is going on there. Turns out it's pretty much the same thing Liyoshi's been up to since about post 400.
[This message has been edited by Dr. Andonuts (edited 05-05-2000).]






Post #847, by guruzeth

"A map, eh?" said the barrel-chested old captain. "I got an old one in me pocket here, but it'll cost ya!"

"Cost us? Cost us what?" Tracy said.
Ohhhh. One spork is not enough! He's going to demand... another spork!
"Well, we don't really NEED one," said guruzeth. "I'm sure we could find it on our own if we had to."

Tracy's eyes widened and she started to say "Yes we do," but only got out "Y..." before guruzeth tugged her hand and gave her a "shhh, I'm fooling him" kind of facial expression, and she stopped.
Awww, they're holding hands!
Pretty sure PSI322's urge to kill was rising whenever she read that.
For real, though, even if it was inadvertent (and it was; trust me, I was there) it still qualifies as the closest brush with the Romance Rule since that hilariously awkward Chris/PSI322 dance thing. And even then Chris just skipped right over it because he was too excited to write. Which I think actually makes this the very first example of male/female physical contact (other than random Lunapunches and setting aside PP/QC) in the Gathering.
"Yeah, we probably could..." she said instead. "Just forget it."

"Aye, ye'll get lost on these seas!"

"I've sailed 'em before," said guruzeth. "I can probably find it, but I WOULD like a map... look." He opened his pack and pulled from it a brightly colored ruby. "I'll trade you this gem for your map, straight up."

"What be this..? said the Captain, looking at the gem.

"Take it or leave it," said guruzeth. The captain took it, and handed over a map in fairly good condition. The Captain went to the other end of the rickety ship to get it started.
I guess that's guruzeth's idea of sweet-talking. I can only hope he didn't strain his shoulder patting himself on the back.
"guru, how much was that gem worth?!" Tracy stage-whispered.

guruzeth smiled. "25 cents, maybe. It's a fake, but he doesn't know that. He wanted to hustle us, but we hustled him, mweehehe."
It's not often you come across someone so smug you want to punch him in the face just reading a random forum post. Twelve years later.
Not too long after that, they were sailing the high seas to Scaraba, where they planned to make for the Pyramid.
Did you ever notice how nobody ever sails the low seas? 
But when they were within a half hour of landfall, a storm began to kick up the high seas, and the rickety old boad sounded like it was on its last legs.
This would never have happened if they'd taken my advice and stayed on the low seas. Also: Boad. Way to loid it up, guruzeth. Or maybe he was just trying to make Traceh feel better.
"Aye, she be in trouble now," said the captain.

"What if it goes?" said Tracy.

"We'd have to swim for it..."
Seriously? That's not your only option. You also could totally choose to not swim, and just drown.
Suddenly, they whirled at the sound of a crack and then a splash. "Hey, where'd the Captain go?!" guruzeth shouted against the driving storm.

"I think he's overboard!" cried Tracy.
Which is the Captain going to choose? Swim, or drown? Tune in next week!





Post #848, by EBPoo

As Poo walked through Lumine Hall, words began appearing on the wall. The wall read: "After this melody, I'm going for the last one: Pink Cloud. But Falcon destroyed it with the Sound Sapper...Now I'll never get it! Now I'll never take over the world! NEVER! Waitaminute...my plans are being written on the walls. Hmm...I have to think of nice stuff. I like flowers. I like sunshine. You are my sunshine...Mwehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe! Huh? Oops...my only sunshine..."
Being that he is alone in Lumine Hall as far as I know, it's odd that he's concerned about his plans being written on the wall. Maybe he thinks there's a keylogger on there.
With that, Poo ran out of the cave, to where he put the Skyrunner II. "Skyrunner, Dalaam," Poo commanded.
You would think that since he purports to live in Dalaam, he would long since have collected Pink Cloud.
Awhile later, Poo arrived in Dalaam as a group of girls gathered around him again. "Girls, I TOLD you, autograph signing later!" Poo yelled impatiently.
IF as wish fulfillment. I'd point out that even waffy has an actual girl following him around, but the truth is Poo's been doing the Right Thing (writing interesting stuff on his own) and I don't want to discourage him.
With that, he ran towards the Pink Cloud cave. Once he got there, he took out his Brain Stone. Using his concentrated intelligence and ki, Poo was able to charge up Pink Cloud for one brief moment.
That would probably be chi, not ki, actually. I think.
In this one brief moment, Poo was able to claim the power with his Sound Stone replica. "All right! I have them all! Wait, but what about the fabled ninth melody...?"
Dunno. Why don't you just sit there on your ass and collect that one too? That plan seems solid.




Post #848, by Little Yoshi

(Okay, I've negleted to realize my mistake.
I'm yet to read the rest of the post, but $1000 says that by the time it finally ends he will still be neglecting to realize his mistake.
I have been throwing everyone who wants to help me out of the Evil Mani Mani battle.
It's their own fault for being idiots enough to go anywhere near your AC. Don't feel bad. You're doing them a great favor.
But, what I had really wanted was a personal duel. At the time[still on part one], I thought that I would never reach Magicant, so I figured I'd battle one of the non-sanctuary people for a good fight.
We are now on Part Three. Each thread is about 400 posts long. I was not kidding when I said he's been doing the same thing for more than 400 posts. 
Turns out I decided Evil Mani Mani was my target. If you guys want a pesonal duel, that's what they invented Magiant for.
Don't know what he's rambling about. You're not allowed to have 'personal duels' at all on IF.
However, about the Lavos thing. I have no control over this, and please don't flame me about this, just kindly point out your opinions. I considered Lavos as being our biggest, toughest boss yet, and that we'll ever face. I truly understand that Tengu/Maul would enjoy having a personal duel with Lavos, perhaps aided by a friend or two. I think that, however, Mog should be allowed to join, since I believe it is understood Lavos is our ultimate evil. However, I have no authority, so ask a moderator/forum administartor.
I read this as essentially an attempt to summon PSI322 and/or guruzeth to give Tengu his comeuppance. Tengu is really starting to piss off the kiddie klub.
If you badly want to be the one[s] to battle Evil Mani Mani, I'll stop the duel and continue it in Magicant. This is all I have to state in parenthesis, so onto the post!)
Actually, can we go back to pointless parenthetical comments? I thought what I just finished reading was the best material you've ever posted in this thread.
Tim realized the power of PSI Yoshi Beta!
*sigh*
"FOOL!" Evil Mani Mani shouted. He was obssesed with the word, Tim thought.
"Alright,let's see how this works!PSI Ultima Epsilon!" Tim shouted.
"FOOL! I have a sanctuary shield!" Evil Mani Mani said, lowering his guard until the attack evaded the shield, and hit Mani Mani hard."OOOOF!!"
See? Liyoshi has not the slightest awareness of his mistakes. Blah blah shield blah blah fool blah blah PSI Everything Dies blah blah SHIELD SHIELD SHIELD SHIELD. HOW EXCITING.
"Alright! Mimic!" Evil Mani Mani shouted, but he got no result.
"WHAT?!"
"Heh he!" Tim said, then suddenly, felt the urge to pray for Mog in return for the favor.
*Mog, I saved you once, remember the jellyfish? Well, you saved me in return with the diamondize pendant. I still owe you the favor, though. Please, get well soon!*

"FOOL!" Evil Mani Mani shouted, and atacked with Special Omega, followed up instantly with Special Beta. Tim quickly sipped the drink Mog had sent him which recovered 400HP and PP.
"PSI Yoshi Beta!" Tim called out, attacking Evil Mani Mani with the powerful attack.
I'm now rooting for him to keep carrying this on right through the entirety of Thread 3.





Post #850, by Falcon24

(I perfectly understand that. But like I said, only for the time being is it private. I plan these things out in advance, I always have a trump card Just be patient, it won't be "private" for long...in fact, at the end of this post you can most likely consider it public)
That was both longer and calmer of a "f*** you" for Liyoshi than I expected to see Falcon24 give.
Falcon knew the moment was right. "It's now or never!" He took off light lightning, racing towards Lavos.
Maybe "Light Lightning" was some kind of armor or pendant that was weak to one of Lavos's attacks.

...Well, that's my best shot at it, anyway.
The Gutsy Bat in his hand was charged with volatile PSI energy. At last, reaching his destination, he rammed the bat deep into Lavos' eye. Lavos roared in pain...but it was not defeated.
Maybe you just tickled him and he's giggling. Do you know for sure the difference between a Lavos Roar and a Lavos Giggle?
"What!? Impossible! Maybe...maybe we did need the melodies..." Falcon attempted to pull out the bat so he could regroup and think of a plan.
Just like how guruzeth was proud of his brute force, Falcon24 was proud of his planning. (Which is ironic since no one has ever been better than Falcon24 at sudden and haphazard application of brute force, while few have ever been better than guruzeth at planning and scheming.)
However, it was in quite far, and even with all his strength and concentration he could not pull it out.
Chance Falcon24 knew exactly what he was writing and thought it was funny: 99.5%. I'm declaring it ineligible for Double Entendre of the Gathering because it's so blatant.
His concentration was suddenly broken by a loud, unearthly scream. Lavos was striking back.

A beam of green energy rocketed forth from Lavos' eye/head.
"Eye" would do, really.
The energy encompassed Falcon, and a wave of pain washed over him. He desperately tried to free the bat, but it was still jammed too tightly. He tried to let go of the bat, but the pain was so intense that he did not even have the strength to release his grip. All he could see was radiant green light, and it blinded him. He let out a pain-filled scream.

A flash of light. And then Falcon's body slowly faded away...
He must have had this passage out of his attempt at novelizing Chrono Trigger already written out, and figured, why let it go to waste? So he substituted "Falcon" for "Crono" and put it on the internet for all to see.
[This message has been edited by Falcon24 (edited 05-05-2000).]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author