IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

17 November 2011

Posts #906-910: 8 May 2000

Post #906, by Little Yoshi

Tim, feeling unwanted by his SM.Net friends, decided to call his mom.
I don't know which is the more disturbing (or funny, if you're sick) aspect of Liyoshi's Denial of Reality Disorder, that he thinks he has friends, or that he thinks he'll ever make a friend with the ungodly drivel he's been cranking out.
"Hello?"
"Hi, Mom, this Tim!"
"Oh, hi Tim! Howya doin'?"
"I'm fine, and I believe Chris is too," Tim replied.
"Well, I gotta go, see ya!" *click*

After the phone call, Tim realized that most of his Starmen.Net friends were in their Magicants, or, as he found out mysteriously, all in one Magiant. Then he remembered Nathan, and decided to find his whereabouts.
I do have to give him credit for resisting the Magicant urge..... so far.




Post #907, by Pikachu3164

[Umm... Poryhedron? I'm getting kind of impatient waiting for Luna and waffle, so I'm going to get going now.] Pikachu had been waiting for a while, while Luna and waffle discussed if they wanted Pikachu and Poryhedron to visit. After all, it was there Magicant.
Best as I can tell, Luna's post was apparently too painful for him to confront directly so he's pretending it didn't happen.
"Where are you going?" asked Poryhedron.

[I'm going to get the rest of the melodies for my Sound Stone.]

"What if Luna and waffle decide to they want us to visit?"

[Just scream really really loud. I'll hear you.]
Yeah, you can tell just reading this ten years later he knew as well as you and I do that wasn't happening.
----------
Pikachu ran to the Sea of Eden. Dark Pikachu gave him a special device that could return him to Magicant anytime he wanted. I think it's called the Oynx Hook. It's in Mother 1.
Dark Pikachu appears to be like Frank, or Croco from Super Mario RPG, recognizing his better and becoming helpful after you kick his ass.
He ended up in Happy Happy Village.

Pikachu's mind started thinking of 50 gazillion things at once. [I guess I'm getting Lilliput Steps! Ohh! I wonder if any of the houses are still blue! I love blue! Blue blue! Okay. I'm going. Ohh! I need to shop first!]

Pikachu ran into the Nothing Blue Drugstore. Seconds later, throughout the town, people heard a loud psychic yell.
I am impressed that 3164 knew about the Nothing Blue Drugstore, which is information gleaned from an unimportant sign and which you actually would have to have played EarthBound attentively to know about.
[YOU DON'T CARRY PEANUT CHEESE BARS? WHAT KIND OF STORE DOESN'T HAVE PEANUT CHEESE BARS! ARRRRGGGHHH! I'M LEAVING!]

And then, (a mad) Pikachu finally headed into the Lilliput Caves.
I honestly think this is the very best post 3164 has produced to date. Credit where credit's due, my friends. And the overall post quality on the Gathering, after a long doldrums, is swiftly on the rise now.





Post #908, by Mog116

(PSI MOOGLE????? That's MY specail PSI... Ah, Keep it)
For somebody that said he's taking his ball and going home, Mog116 sure does watch this thread intensely.




Post #909, by TsuramiSea

TsuramiSea arrived in Threed in no time. "Well, I'm here," he stated mostly to himself. He began to search the town, having a good time. He went to the bakery and bought a Skip Sandwich for later. Then, he started looking for other Starmen.Net visitors. He checked the pizza parlor, nothing. He checked the graveyard, nothing. (He swore he could hear assorted groans, though.) He checked the circus, nothing. (But he sure enjoyed the show!)
If I wanted to find a Starmen.Netter in Threed, I'd just walk the underground path and make for Saturn Valley. Somewhere in there is where they'd be, looking for conflict or Mr. Saturns, whichever comes first. 
And Saturn Valley is definitely where I would be going, because it seems the Mr. Saturns are easily enslaved.
"Pfffft! What is this?" grumbled Tsurami as he walked across the town. "I came to this island to meet other people from SM.Net, and all I've met are evil dogs, salespeople, a pretend inventor, and women who can't manage their stress! This is dumb." He came to a small yellow house in the corner, between the graveyard and the forest.
I like to pretend he was thinking of Mog116 and Liyoshi when he referred to "women who can't manage their stress". Also Falcon24 and guruzeth, but we haven't yet reached the point where they will manifest why I brought them up here.
"Hey, maybe it's the hint shop... I'll take a look." The boy went into the house, only to see a guy with a really long hair sticking straight up on his head, with glasses, and sitting behind a counter that advertised hints.
I used to use the sprite editor to erase the N from the Hint Man's sign. So he would become a Hit Man. I thought this was very funny.
The man noticed him. "Now wait just a minute, youngster!" he cried. "I could sell you a really great hint for only $75! So, what do you say?"
In Threed hints cost $60, actually. They're $75 in Fourside.
Tsurami responded, "Sure!" and handed over the money. The hint man took a deep breath, and said....

"Something weird is going on, because a big spiky thing fell from the sky, and rests in the Big Banana. Your friends are here, but most of them are too lost in their own thoughts to come to you.
Truer words have never been written. I'm starting to grow fond of TsuramiSea. For the time being he's in the "posters I like" bin with Major Asshole and Chris.
The others are exploring in dangerous areas. You'll have to be a little more gutsy to reach them. Oh, and in Twoson, Summers, Scaraba, and Lumine Hall cave, currently, are the people you talk to the most on that site. If you feel like the travel, go give them a visit."

"Is that it?"

"That's all. Thanks for your patronage!"
That is WAY more elaborate of a hint that you ever got from that guy in EarthBound.
"Sure, and thanks for the information!" TsuramiSea left. "Lost in their own thoughts, spiky thing, Big Banana..... what does it all mean? Well, some friends are in Twoson, where I just came from, Summers, Scaraba, and Lumine Hall cave." Tsurami thought for a moment. "Well, only one of those is easy / not too dangerous to get to from here. So away I go!" Tsurami returned to the Two-Three tunnel to search for SM.Netters in Twoson.
As with 3164 before, I will tip my hat to Tsurami for knowing semi-obscure EarthBound information obtainable only from a random sign, namely the name of the Twoson-to-Threed tunnel. Well done, Tsurami. (And I know you're reading this, Tsurami, because you've found this blog searching google for 'TsuramiSea'. Feel free to say hello!)




Post #910, by Pikachu3164

Guess what! Pikachu3164 has yet another question!
You can tell this is out-of-character because he's not using those thrice-damned $DEITY-forsaken less-than-greater-than symbols.
Okay, where exactly is Lavos, anyway!? I've heard reports of him being in Saturn Valley, others of him in Fourside, etc.

Would the Supreme Ruler of Wherever Lavos Is tell me where he is?
I actually think he was knowingly referring to Tengu Man here.
I need to know because if he's in Stonehenge, Saturn Valley, or Fourside, it's going to conflict with me getting melodies.

Another Quick Question - Did Falcon die during the battle with Lavos?
As a person with a vested interest in comedy value, I really, really hope not.
Thank you. Again.

[This message has been edited by Pikachu3164 (edited 05-08-2000).]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author