IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

02 December 2009

Posts #256-260: 17 April 2000

Post #256, by Pikachu3164

(Actually, Tengu, I had fixed my post after I made it... I said two more Krakens appeared. I didn't say "Pikachu came and used a Thunder Jolt on the Krakens Tim and Mystery Man were fighting." I edited my post to say 2 more Krakens so I wouldn't have to delete my post.
I'm starting to see the disadvantages of posting in a super-popular IF...)
BAM! How do you like that smackdown, Tengu? Huh?!
Okay, I've decided that after Mystery Man killed the Krakens, Tim took some of the blood to make the repellant.
Can't believe I'm concurring with Emo Boy, but that's what I suggested Tim do. I think Tim just likes blood. Lots and lots of blood.
[So, your skilled in creating repellants?] asked Pikachu.
[So, your not skilled in gramers?] asked Baron von Awesome.
"Sure am. Once I'm done, our Kraken problem will be gone," Tim replied.
I hope Tim doesn't actually think this will end the violence. There is no limit on the random encounters IF writers can dream up.
[Great! Oh, just a second! I need to get my Bowser.]
Pikachu ran off and grabbed his giant stuffed animal and stuffed it in his backpack.
[There we go! Now to see Chris about the play....]

Pikachu ran off, asked Chris about the play, made sure there would be a spot for him, etc.
I love ending a post with 'etc.' IF authors should do that more often. Baron von Awesome set off to save the world, etc.



Post #257, by Tengu Man/Makron

(No big deal, Sir.
Pika: Sorry. And I understand that feeling... too many people are replying at once and it's getting confusing.)
If Tengu had his way, all posts would be sent to him, and he'd reject 90% of them, and heavily edit the rest. Then we would have a real story, not this embarrassment to all writers up to and including Virgil.
The mysterious man/referee had seen Luna talking to the Mr. Saturn. He now had proof the Eagleland they were all on was the real Eagleland.
In that case, I get to take personal credit for saving the world, right? Because it was totally me that dealt Giygas his deathblow through my SNES.
He decided to relax and have fun, and go to the talent show. He still didn't wish to reveal himself just yet, but now he felt good for not only himself, but the EB community, the this discovery.

Only thing was, he had to somehow convince everyone that the Mr. Saturn was not just a coinicdence. He had to tell them the island was the real Eagleland, and that other places around may also exist...
Well, telling them is definitely out. That would be stupid.
At the talent show, he learned of the IF idea, and was attracted to it immediately. He took a place with everyone else participating, intent on making a good impression.

[This message has been edited by Tengu Man/Makron (edited 04-17-2000).]




Post #258, by Mog116

Mog stared at the Mr. Saturn. "AHA! I knew those hills looked familair!" Mog ran outside. Luna looked at the Mr. Saturn. "Umm... You don't suppose... This really IS Eagleland?!" "Can't be." Mog ran outside screaming. He ran down to were he saw the hills and climbed over the hills. He saw a sort of town. It had everything Onett Had.
Including an arcade? Arcades were awesome. I miss them.
"My gosh." Mog fell backwards off the hill and ran back to the play. "CHRIS! CHRIS! I FOUND ONETT!" Mog ran into the play room. He didn't see anyone. "Noone's here." He blinked and almost died of Shock.
That's right: He almost died of Robo from Chrono Trigger's ultimate tech.
The Illusion of Eagleland tricked his eyes and made him think noone was there. He blinked three times and almost died of shock again. The people were back and working on a scenery. Maybe he needed some sleep.... NAH!
[This message has been edited by Mog116 (edited 04-17-2000).]
Go on ahead, try to follow up this post. Good luck with that.

What exactly the hell is 'the Illusion of Eagleland'? Your guess is as good as mine.



Post #259, by Tengu Man/Makron

Hearing Mog mention Onett suddenly revived a thought in the referee's head. If the Saturns existed.... Ness, Paula, Apple Kid, ect had to exist too. And he vowed to find them, and bring them to meet the community.
Paula! PAULA! PAULA!!!

PAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAA!!!!

#%&@)(#)#@*%)#&@%)@#*$)@#$*#@)$*

GIMME GIMME GIMME*

*(note: this is a severe understatement of how Tengu would react if he discovered Paula from EarthBound would actually exist. Its intent is merely to provide you an inkling.)
He got up and walked off, and Mog walked up to him, "Hey, where you going... we have a part for you..."

"To Onett."

"You're... you're gonna try and bring... Ness here... aren't you?" Mog asked.

"Not just Ness, of course... but Paula,
PAULA! PAAAAAUUULLLAAAA!!!!!!
Apple Kid, Monotoli, Mr. Spoon, Venus... the whole nine yards." the man told him.

"Good luck... please do this for us... if you can find the Mr. Saturns, you can do this as well." Mog said.
C'mon, Tengu. Even for you, isn't 'please do this for us...' just a little over the top? It's not like you're offering to save their child who's trapped in a well while they're hogtied to a bomb.
"Mog... do you... and for matter, anyone else wanna join me? I'm sure some others here wanna meet their biggest heroes and stuff." the man asked.
Look, I don't want to put too fine a point on this: I was/am the most singularly obsessed EarthBound fan in the world. I have played EarthBound through hundreds of times, probably over a thousand. I have the entire script memorized, and have since about 1996. This is nothing to especially be proud of, granted, but... there it is.

If anyone's biggest hero is a character from a video game, that person needs help. A lot of help.
(anyone who wishes to come along can, just don't reveal my identity yet)
(I won't tell Qui-Gon, promise)



Post #260, by Queen Catherine

I finished my Milkshake and walked alone to the amusement park.
He did it again. Apparently Milkshake® is a brand name.
­­I had no clue where at had gone off to and I hated to be alone at sometimes.
...where at had gone off to? Did you mean to say 'Matt'?
As I was in the park, a creature had caught my eye. I spotted a .
You spotted a...? That is so cruel. It's been ten years, and for all eternity we will never know what QC/PP spotted. :(
I noticed Mog, Luna, and some unknown dude and I walked over to them.
Pssst... it's Tengu dressed up in a Darth Maul halloween costume. But don't tell anyone!
"..anyone else wanna join me?" The unknown dude asked. "I'm sure that some others here wanna meet thier biggest heros and stuff."
"Huh?" I said since I missed part of the conversation.
I listened very closely to the entire conversation, and 'Huh?' was my reaction too. We're on the same page.
"There might be other Earthbound characters here besides Mr. Saturn." Mog explained.
I was confused at first since it did not make any sense.
At second, third, fourth, and fifth it doesn't make any sense, either. I stopped there, but you should feel free to try a sixth, seventh, etc. But what the hell, this is IF.
"You mean, we might meet Ness, Paula,
PAULA!!!
Jeff, Pokey, and the gang here on this island?" I asked, clearifying my thoughts and to understand better.
"Yep." Luna said.
"Are you guys going?" I asked. "I'll follow if you are all going."
Well, the question I personally would have asked right there is more along the lines of, "what have you been smoking? And where can I get some?"

OK, so that's two questions. I'm allowed.
They replied...

[This message has been edited by Queen Catherine (edited 04-17-2000).]

3 comments:

  1. Post #256:
    "I hope Tim doesn't actually think this will end the violence. There is no limit on the random encounters IF writers can dream up."

    No freakin' kidding. Won't say anymore on that. :P

    Post #257:
    OMG. This is one of my more annoying posts, I'm sure. Also, I'm not so sure if I really saw the EB team as my heroes at the time. If they really were though, someone please don't remind me what type of LSD I was on at the time. That's the only explanation I can come up with to this "EB is actually real" plotline in general. I cannot honestly remember why I pulled off this plot-point now, looking back on it. ._.

    Post #260:
    "Well, the question I personally would have asked right there is more along the lines of, "what have you been smoking? And where can I get some?"

    OK, so that's two questions. I'm allowed."

    See above. Yeah, I swear, I can't ever remember actually doing drugs in real life [I disdain smoking, and I don't drink because I don't see the purpose of wrecking my life up on a permenant basis], but I could swear I had some alternate personality hopped up on something. Your quote fits perfectly, Baron! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... you DID turn Paula into the biggest Mary Sue ever. If she doesn't qualify as your hero, then you definitely have the creepy-obsession thing down pat.

    But anyway... yeah. I guess it's better for Ness to be your hero than, say, a Jonas brother, but I'm pretty sure studies would show people whose hero is, say, Genghis Khan, or at least Oprah or something, wind up doing better at life than those who grow up idolizing Solid Snake or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, I don't honestly know if I have a real 'hero' now a days.

    And as I mentioned once before, any of those "Mary Sue" Paulas' I wrote up in IF would probably get crumpled by my most legitimately and detailedly written of all my ACs, so I have learned how to develop powerful characters without being TOO ridicious about it. o.o

    ReplyDelete

Posts by Author