IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

04 December 2009

Posts #276-280: 18 April 2000

Post #276, by Foppy King
It's been a while since we've had someone new join.
After recently taking over a small pathetic planet, the foppy king went online to see what the sm.net people had been up to. After absorbing the past couple of days, he decided now would be the best time for action. He quickly used teleport gamma and arrived in front of the large group of people set on finding their favorite EarthBound characters. He began with a loud "GWWAAARRGG!" Then he added "hello"
You ought to be careful. They might have annihilated you first and asked questions later, between the two exclamations.



Post #277, by Tengu Man/Makron

"People... about Jeff and Poo... as you all know, they don't actually live in Eagleland, so we'll have to hope Jeff is somewhere in Eagleland right now." the referee told them.
It's probably a fair guess that everyone will decide that for our purposes 'Eagleland' encompasses all locations in EarthBound. Winters, Summers, Lost Underworld, etc. Magicant is every IF writer's favorite.

(In the game, 'Eagleland' is only Onett/Twoson/Threed/Fourside and their connected areas, roughly the first half of the game.)
Mani stuck her tounge out at him.
Tongue.
He felt like doing it back at her for fun, but resisted the urge.
Sounds hot. You should have gone ahead with that.
"I assume we all go to Onett first..."

"YES!" most of the other travelers said.
Not me. I'd be all for going to Threed first, just because I'm a contrarian. Probably would have gone there by myself just to spite everyone else.

Fun fact: In 10th grade English class we were split into groups to write and perform 10 minute skits on some boring subject or another. I quarreled with my assigned group--I almost always quarreled with assigned groups--and refused to work with them. I told the teacher she could give me a zero if she pleased, I didn't care, I ain't working with them. She wasn't going to subject any of the other groups to having to deal with me, so she said, fine, do a skit by yourself. She probably thought that was a way of punishing me by embarrassment. She was mistaken.

I delivered a solo performance so masterful that numerous members of the drama club spent the rest of the year trying to recruit me (unsuccessfully), and I got a 96/100 for the project. The group I ditched got an 89/100 or something. You want to work with the real talent, you gotta put up with the prima donna attitude, you know?

High school was awesome.
"Very well..." and the group set off to Onett...




Post #178, by Little Yoshi

(sorry, Sir, I didn't know you had gone somewhere, and I needed a third person, so)
Anyone know what he's referring to? I have no idea.
Meanwhile, Tim decided to search for Winters t osee if he could find Jeff and work on the Kraken repellent.
Tim's doing it not out of a 'screw you, I'm better than you' arrogance like I would; he's doing it out of a 'I'm not worthy of you guys' social awkwardness. Or something.



Post #179, by Mog116

(Tim, WE HAVEN'T FOUND WINTERS YET!)
What the hell are you, a Tenguling?

He said he's going to search for Winters. Which implies he doesn't know where it is yet. i.e, hasn't found it. Q.E.D.: He knows Winters hasn't been found yet. Now calm down and take some pills or something.
The Ref walked down the hills to Onett.
I wonder if Tengu will get upset about being called 'Ref' instead of 'Referee' or his more formal title, 'The Mysterious Referee'.
Mog followed after him, but tripped and flew down the hills.
Tripped and... flew. Huh.
Jenny tried to see if he was ok, but she tripped and flew down the mountain too.
They can both fly! And half you sissies used defective airplanes to get here.
Anthadd walked down the mountain carefully, so he wouldn't trip.
The funny thing is that people were wary of making Anthadd's AC do anything out of the ordinary, both because of his extreme buttoned-down personality and because of his well-known pickiness about his AC; he was the original author of 'Something I Would Prefer You Follow When You Use My AC', in which he laid down about 47 rules, and which then became the official Rules-When-You-Use-My-AC/Character-Sheets-For-Common-AC's thread everyone used.

It's funny because the last time Anthadd posted himself, his AC passed out from exhaustion after climbing a flight of stairs.
After everyone got down the hill, Mog and Jenny shared a large Pizza to recover their HP.
Capitalization fail. In EarthBound it's just the opposite: 'Large pizza'.
After this, everyone ran straight to Ness' house. The Ref ran straight through the door.
That's not really The Mysterious Referee's style. It's not very... mysterious.



Post #180, by SuperSpeedy/Mankey Boy

~~~~Back at the auditorium~~~~
"Pikachu's going on an adventure with several other people to find the real EB characters because someone found a real Mr. Saturn and they think this is the real Eagleland!" said Poryhedron, quickly.
Imagine him pronouncing run-on sentences in fast-forward. That was SuperSpeedy. I think there is still a sketch of him next to 'hyper' in some dictionaries.
"Really?" said David. "Let's go!"
Poryhedron did a heat scan for a body of heat shaped like a Pikachu. After locating Pikachu, he Tackled straight to Pikachu's location, with David on his back.
"Wait for us!" said David.
Pikachu heard his voice, and told everyone to wait until they see another Pokémon.
They waited a second, for that was as long as it took for Poryhedron and David to catch up.
He can teleport. And you cannot. He wins. Know your better.
~~~~one minute later~~~~
[Just between you and me,] said Poryhedron, using telepathy(thought-speak)
(we know what telepathy is) (knowing that does not impress us)
to speak to Pikachu privately, [I also have PSI and was an experiment of Team Rocket. I know you have PSI because you perfer to use telepathy then speak to me using your voice. The Team Rocket thing? I spied on their computer's getenic experiments log.]
Genetic.
[Thanks for explaining that,] said Pikachu, privately to Poryhedron. [I was ready to shock you. Dave seems like quite a friend, as good of a friend as Mani!]
Normally I'd complain about people making value judgments on behalf of other people's AC's about how awesome I am, but in this case I'm pretty sure 3164 unreservedly loves anyone who pays attention to him.
[Thanks,] replied Poryhedron, privately to Pikachu. [Mani does seem nice, and Dave is quite nice.]
"Are you two talking about something?" asked Dave, on Poryhedron's back.
"No," said Poryhedron.
DOWN WITH THE MASTER THE HUMANS DIE AT MIDNIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAno, we're not talking at all.

2 comments:

  1. "'Something I Would Prefer You Follow When You Use My AC'"

    Oh yes, I forgot to mention I in my latest name from recent times posted on that topic and was inspired to write my one other AC's backstory for people to read as part of that guidelines' topic. That was a couple of years ago though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to hijack anything, but I figured I'd inform you I've started the blog for "A Frozen Annotation". I'm not sure how often it'll get updated, but I was sure to link "The Annotated Gathering" in the intro post.

    http://afrozenannotation.blogspot.com/ - and here's the link if you want to follow and give any possible input over time. o.o

    Just note, this is the second-to-last IF I ever focused on, and it was under the "Cecil" name, thus it doesn't have a fraction of the stupid stuff I did in Gathering. I was a lot more improved and matured compared to Gathering. However I will try to put humor into some of my annotations now and then. :o

    ReplyDelete

Posts by Author