IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

02 December 2009

Posts #266-270: 17 April 2000

Post #266, by Pikachu3164

While planning the litte trip to Onett, Pikachu happened to pass by.
[Hey! What are you doing?] he asked.
"Okay. Mani, yes, you can come. And Pikachu, we're going to Onett to see if Ness is there, and stuff like that.
[Onett? Cool! Can I go!?]
"Yeah. Why not?"
[Cool. And Mystery Man, who are you?]
"My idenity is to remain secret until I wish my idenity to be known."
Sad that he did it twice, meaning he really thought that was how 'identity' is spelled.
[Umm.... Okay.]
Yep... that was my reaction too.
[This message has been edited by Pikachu3164 (edited 04-17-2000).]
He must have made yet another boo-boo that drew Tengu's ire.



Post #267, by PsycoPyro

Jenny looks at Mog with this expression .
This was originally followed by some emoticon or another. Unfortunately, my archived copy does not show the emoticons, so they're forever lost to the sands of time. There are actually a lot of them throughout the thread, but I've just been skipping them. So I don't know what expression he used, other than that the emoticon was called eek.gif.
"I'm gonna hang out with him." Jenny said as she stood near Mog.
"I don't care." I said. "I just want Paula and her phone #. Maybe Jeff can hook me up with some transporting device for me to get to Paula's house quicker."
Everyone laughs and knows that I was joking.
"But I'm serious about that phone #." I said as we went along our journey.
I wish you every luck in your attempt.
Come to think of it, I can't remember if there was some kind of rule about no making the EarthBound characters (read: Paula, since the IF population was almost exclusively male) fall in love with you/your AC. But if there wasn't, there should have been, both to avoid bloody AC warfare and because of Tengu.



Post #268, by Mog116

"Let's tell Chris not to have the play." "Why?"
Because it was a stupid idea and no one wants to do it?
"Most of us don't want to miss it, right?" "I don't want to miss it."
... oh. It must just be me, then. Carry on.
Mog ran and told Chris not to have the play.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Chris is an admin, you little punk. You don't tell him what to do.
Then they ran back and headed off. The clambered over the hill and stopped a moment to look at the town. Then they heard a voice from behind, and someone's AC was climbing the hill up after them.
LOL at the flawless storytelling. 'Someone's AC'.



Post #269, by SirMontyG

Wait!!" It was Sir, "I can't miss an opportunity to meet the runaway five, count me in!" ~Sir Joined the Party~
(Triumphant fanfare!)



Post #270, by Anthadd

Anthadd, who had spent the duration of the events following his arrival holed up in his bunk, perusing the pile of twenty books (average 180 pages) he had stowed in his suitcases, ran out the door, the last book replaced.
Not bad, as far as explanations for not paying attention to the thread until it had grown out of control go. Plausible, in Anthadd's case.
Having finally finished them, he exited the bunkroom, pale from 15 hours of reading.
...reading makes you pale? So THAT'S why...!
Huffing and puffing from lack of exercise, he struggled to climb the stairs and collapsed near Sir and the others.
Hahahahaha. We need more Anthadds in the world.

5 comments:

  1. Post #266:
    "He must have made yet another boo-boo that drew Tengu's ire."

    LOL. I couldn't honestly tell you if he did get my ire or not. I don't remember that too well. XD

    Post #267:
    "Come to think of it, I can't remember if there was some kind of rule about no making the EarthBound characters (read: Paula, since the IF population was almost exclusively male) fall in love with you/your AC. But if there wasn't, there should have been, both to avoid bloody AC warfare and because of Tengu."

    Actually, there might have been a rule like that put in place eventually. Memory's too foggy. :\

    Also, where THAT MANY people really just like me in that respect back then? I honestly thought I was among a tiny minority of people who acted like that. o_o

    Post #270:
    "Hahahahaha. We need more Anthadds in the world."

    Yes, seriously we really do. :o

    Honestly, if anyone in my opinion might have had some semblance to me as a "pillar in the IF community", it was Anthadd. He was usually one of the most level-headed writers I know [heck, I sure know *I* wasn't that way]. He was one of the few who didn't seem to feel too negative towards me back then [that and he once believed that I was one of the pillars of IF, as I mentioned in a previous comment].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much all the boys were varying degrees of gaga for Paula. Don't get me wrong, though; no one in human history took it anywhere NEAR as far as you did. So for that particular value of 'acted like that'... yes, you stand alone.

    File Anthadd in the 'people who turned out surprisingly normal when they grew up' drawer. As far as I know he's neither the chairman of the secret super-intelligent people who clandestinely rule Earth club, nor the Unabomber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh... maybe back then no one else took their obsession that far. However a few years ago, I met a fan of one of my failed EB-fangames who appearantly surpasses most levels of the obsession I had for Paula. He's a youngling... ish, he's about 16, but he's even worse off socially than I ever was in real-life, I've heard plenty of his laments over it.

    I'm not really sure I'd want to go over some of the reasons I see him to surpass my old-self's level of obsession. But let's just say despite that little run-in in iGW[which I also still have btw] which spawned the no-romance rule, I didn't have any extremely intimate thoughts[i.e. sexual] about her then. This kid DOES [but he's not just obsessed with her either]. ._.

    And I won't say his name for his protection [I never showed him to SM.net because of my concern over his obsession, you should probably be thankful for that], but if he ever reads this post, I know he'll figure out I'm talking about him. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you still have If Giygus Won, you need to send that to me. I neeeeeed that fic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, the one on here might not be complete, but I found out it's still archived at: http://hijola.fobby.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000100.html

    Hopefully you'll be able to get to it from there. And that was when I used the "Thrall" subname. I skimmed a post in there to make sure. o.o

    ReplyDelete

Posts by Author