IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

08 December 2009

Posts #296-300: 18 April 2000

Post #296, by loid

It was getting late so Kiyo decided to go back to his tent. He still didn't notice the 4 star hotel across the street. It was then that pika3164 came along.

"Aww what a darling little...... thing..."
he peted pikachu then he/she/it spoke
*cough*
[call me pikachu]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH.

Now OTHER people are taking on those goddamned less-than-greater-than symbols. I swear, I might quit annotating, or just start skipping their posts, if this keeps up. Replacing them all with brackets is annoying the hell out of me.
"WTF? It can talk!"

[Yeah I can talk. And dont pet me like Im some animal or I'll sue.]
Right. Rather than shock the hell out of you, this Pikachu will file a goddamned lawsuit all over your candy ass.
"Right. Whats with all the gun wounds?"

[Pokemon bashers.]

"Figures"
Whoop it up for us! Whoo whoo!
[This message has been edited by loid (edited 04-18-2000).]
Wonder what possessed him to drag 3164 into it? Especially since 3164 is presently in Onett battling Crested Bookas and hasn't been anywhere near the hotel for some time.



Post #297, by reidman
Oh wow.

This would be reidman, High Benevolent Overlord of starmen.net since its inception as earthbound.net, and thus easily the most popular community member ever, hands down (his being awesome contributes to this, also).

This will be reidman's only post.
Meanwhile, admidst all the confusion, reidman sits in his basement alone with a party hat covering his nose.
LOL. I told you reidman was awesome.

I with I still had some of the logs of people sitting around in #ebnet/#smnet and making fun of Tengu. reidman was awesome at it.
"Where is everyone...They must be on the IF forum, writing 8-page (?!?!) fanfics..."
297 posts over eight pages (at 40 pages per post). This more than doubled the previous SM.Net thread length record, and was so amazing that even the almighty reidman blessed it with a cameo appearance, in one of the maybe four posts he ever made on the IF forum.

And--even the most optimistic Gatheringer would never have imagined this--we still have more than 1,500 posts to go.



Post #298, by Mog116

(Pikachu is with us in Onett!)
You know, I'm starting to kinda suspect loid maybe didn't really read any previous posts before he jumped right in.
After about an hour of walking, Jenny and Mog had only found some hamburgers in trash cans. "I'm thirsty." Jenny said. "Have some... er... Royal Iced Tea! " Mog got the royal Ice Tea that he had won from the fight with the Booka. "I haven't drunken any of it."
Drunk.

No, I mean, 'drunk' is the proper word, not that I'm implying based on his gramers that Mog116 is drunk at the keyboard. Though I'm certainly not ruling that out, either.
"Thanks." They started walking south towards Twoson.




Post #299, by Pikachu3164

[Funny... I thought I was in Onett with Mog and Jenny a few seconds ago... Oh well.]
Pikachu was still at Kiyo's tent, but he had started to wonder how he got from Onett back to the Stanmen.Net Gathering without noticing.
No one would dare try this stunt on, say, Tengu Man. The rest of us are also wondering why loid found 3164 so interesting.

3164: Your best play here is to ignore loid with extreme prejudice.
[Hey, Kiyo.... Are you aware of the fact that there is a 4-Star Hotel 30 yards from here?]
Instantly, Kiyo looked to his left, and lo and behold, there sat a luxury hotel with insanly cheap prices.
"Dang it...."
LOL. Actually not badly played at all.
Then, all of a sudden, Pikachu somehow Re-Teleported back to Jenny and Mog while they were having Hamburgers and Royal Iced Tea.
I wouldn't have given loid even that much time of day, but to each his own. 3164 wasn't one to risk angering anybody.
[I really have to learn to control my Teleport.... Oh! Hamburgers! And Royal Iced Tea!]
With that, Pikachu handed out Peanut Cheese Bars to Jenny and Mog, and started eating.

[This message has been edited by Pikachu3164 (edited 04-18-2000).]




Post #300, by Luna

"Stupid Mook..." Luna grumbled "Caught me off gaurd.. karate chopped me in the back... I didn't even know those things knew karate!"
Wait, what the f---? Karate chopped you in the back? With its tentacles? When it knows powerful PSI attacks?

Clearly you have killed a special Lesser Mook that was probably waiting to be picked up by the short bus.
Luna finished, looking around. "Anyhow, I was heading for Snow Woods boarding school,
Snow Wood Boarding School. Singular.
and it's only about 10 minutes away... and the mook sneaked up on me! But anyhow, I think I'll stay here. If I can find Jeff, I gotta talk to him about helping me repair somthing."
"Okay. So you wanna work together?"
"Sure! I don't see why not!" Luna said, smiling at Tim. "So let's go!" She said, shouldering her backpack and starting her hike towards the boarding school in the freezing blizzard.
Awww. That's heartwarming.

Right now, Tim's more successful with women than his brother is. This is becoming a fascinating running subplot for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts by Author