IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

02 December 2009

Posts #261-265: 17 April 2000

Post #261, by Mog116

"If I can go, I can talk Paula into a date... probably." "Ness would kill you."
Not if Tengu Man kills Ness first. And then kills you.
"Not after Five years of Idol worshipping."
I don't even know what this means, but I can't help agreeing.
Mog looked at the Ref, and walked out the door to get stuff for the trip. Mog grabbed his Duffel bag and returned to the meeting place.

[This message has been edited by Mog116 (edited 04-17-2000).]




Post #262, by Dr. Andonuts

(Mog, i believe you mean idol worship)
I guess now we know why Mog edited his post. He must have said idle worship before.
(since EB characters are getting into this story, please refer to my AC as Nathan instead of Dr. Andonuts beyond this point)
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. There's a difference? REALLY? I thought you were the same dude. You totally had me fooled.
Nathan walked over to join the group of people that would be searching for other EB characters. "Maybe I can find Jeff and we can exchange tips on inventions," he thought, while walking over.
"Can I come, too?" he asked.
"Sure," said the mysterious figure.
Note how fast people are joining up with Tengu Man to get the hell away from stuff like the talent show and the EarthBound play. Chris's iron grip sure did rust fast.



Post #263, by PsycoPyro

I overheard the conversation about meetin the real characters in EB. I walked p behind Jenny and surprised her enough to scream.
"Matt, don't sneak up on me again!" Jenny said to me as I snickered.
"Sorry about that." I grinned. "I have got to meet Paula, ya know? I'm gonna get her phone #."
I guess after all these posts I should be fair to Tengu: He was far from the only teenage boy stoking the flames of a Paula obsession. You have to remember the demographic here: young teenage boys, 10-14, who are almost all social outcasts, because they are nerds who play RPG video games. Loneliness runs rampant.

But then, Tengu was 16, not 12 like the rest of these boys. I'd like to think most of them moved on past Paula obsessions by age 16, but what do I know?
"Yea whatever until Ness will destroy you." Said a guy I didn't know.
Right before I shank Ness in the back and claim my one destined true love for myself BAHAHAHAH--huh? What?
"He won't mess with me." I said and showed them my 9mm pistol. "I only plan to use it for protection.
You're going to try to steal the girlfriend of a psychically superpowered one-man killing machine that can make you scream and beg for death without raising a finger.

And your cunning plan is to attack him with a pistol?
Besides, I think this trip will be great to hide from the FBI searching for us and dragging us back to the US."
The FBI were defeated by some guy on an airship like 20 posts ago. And even if that hadn't happened, they'd have been defeated by the sheer power of apathy by now.
No one said nothing and some glared at me.
"What?" I asked. "Me worry?" ((Take off from MAD))
Dude, leave the annotating to me, OK?
"Don't you dare shoot Ness!" Jenny warned me, "or mess with his girlfriend. He's nice and I doubt he won't hurt you unless you mess with him first. Besides you got your girlfrind to worry about."
Wait. How do you know Ness is nice? EarthBound divulges pretty much nothing about his personality. He could be a 13-year-old Al f---ing Bundy in training, for all you know.
"I was just kidding! Sheesh!"
Everyone seemed happy at that point.
Always remember, kids: Any time everyone in the room is pissed at you, just say, 'I was just kidding! Sheesh!' and everyone will instantly become happy.

If the medium in play is an internet forum, then correct form when you flagrantly insult somebody is to add ':D' to the end of it. By unanimous declaration of the Geneva Convention, no one is permitted to take offense at anything that is suffixed with ':D'.
[This message has been edited by PsycoPyro (edited 04-17-2000).]




Post #264, by Mog116

(My bad)

"Yeah. But I don't have a girlfriend and can whoop Ness in a fight."
Ness does have the unfortunate disadvantage of not being an AC. The poor guy gets killed off in pretty much every fanfic ever.
Mog said. "But, I'm sure I can just find a girlfriend while we're walking."
That happens to me like three times a week.
"Are we going yet?" Nathan asked. "Yeah, we're gone."

[This message has been edited by Mog116 (edited 04-17-2000).]




Post #265, by Mani Mani

Mani, wandering around nearby,
wandering... or spying?
heard the word 'Jeff' and immediately ran over.
See, you can tell Mani Mani is totally not Tengu Man, because 'she' is obsessed with Jeff, whereas Tengu Man is obsessed with Paula. This is really easy, guys. Don't make me explain this again.
"Oh, are you going to find the EB characters?" she asked. "Can I come? Please please please please pleeeeeease?" She saw a large stick on the ground and picked it up. "If we find any baddies, I can whack 'em away with this. See?" She whacked a small spider that was about to land on her.
That spider was too foolish to live, anyway.
"So can I?"

First you have to get in the same room with the 'Mysterious Referee'. No reason.

3 comments:

  1. Post #261
    "Not if Tengu Man kills Ness first. And then kills you."

    Actually, even back then I'm pretty sure I'd know better than to mess with any of the chosen four in battle. I seem to recall my main self-AC was made much weaker than they ever were and got hammered on constantly by the baddies.

    But yeah, Ness isn't a bad guy, it's just that I'll admit he's always seemed bland to me as a character [compared to the others even more so, although I know they don't have much personality to begin with]. I wasn't the greatest fan of the idea of "RPG-hero is supposed to be YOU." kind of stuff and perferred all the characters have their unique, individual personalities, like in Super Mario RPG or a Final Fantasy game. >.>;

    Post #263:
    "If the medium in play is an internet forum, then correct form when you flagrantly insult somebody is to add ':D' to the end of it. By unanimous declaration of the Geneva Convention, no one is permitted to take offense at anything that is suffixed with ':D'."

    'lol wut XD'

    Seriously, is that in any way really true on the internet? I honestly can't tell sometimes. :O

    Post #264:
    "Ness does have the unfortunate disadvantage of not being an AC. The poor guy gets killed off in pretty much every fanfic ever."

    Actually, I seriously doubt Ness got killed off in most fanfic in that time and age. In fact, the other characters were the ones usually killed or maimed, or nearly taken out for good. Seriously, I don't know many fanfictions where Ness dies/gets killed, and if so, usually he's not the only major character who dies either.

    Post #265:

    Actually, as I said before, Mani is individual from me, and she is really female, and I think she really did like Jeff back in the day for some reason. I think it had to do with her liking his intelligence or something, she was also a big Chrono Trigger fan and had a Geocities site known as The Black Omen. [it'd be gone now though with Geocities shutting down a little bit ago].

    But on that, I have some things that can help prove what I say for those of you who seriously still think she was actually me in a different account/persona.

    If you really care enough for me to prove it to you, let me know and I'll show you a few things I have. If not, I won't blame you for not caring about something so old from 10 yeara ago, but I'll say this, it's always bad to assume stuff so easily. It's like the Boy who Cried Wolf. You might think the Boy will always be kidding and try to make a rise of things, but then comes the moment he isn't, and people suffer because of both the boy and their own ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't fathom why you'd lie about such a thing now, ten years after the fact, so I've no problem taking your word for it. I'll make a note of it in my next Mani Mani annotation.

    Damn, though, apparently you trained her well in the ways of Tenguism. Hope she came out of it OK. :P

    Now, Roll Buster.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Roll = past-me. No lie. No foul. Or something. Even if I tried to lie, the Mega Man reference alone is suspicious enough. :P

    As for Mani. Though I haven't talked to her since then, she never blocked me on AIM even though we did drift apart, so I still see her online. She even advertised some live-stream gaming-thing for a recent Mario-Kart game she was part of with a few friends in one of her status messages, but I didn't really watch it.

    Maybe I should one day muster up courage and check in with her and see how she's really doing. :P

    ReplyDelete

Posts by Author