IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

02 June 2011

Posts #652-665: 26 April 2000

Post #652, by EBGuy

And they chose...
Onett! What a beautiful place!
EBGuy: Ok. Time to go to onett
Svbman: Nee.
EBGuy: PSI Teleport B!
*yoingyoingyoingyoingyoingyoing*
Svbman: (O_o)';;
EBGuy: Okay dokay. We're here.
EBGuy: AHH! Whats with the red sky? (Note the red sky from episode 1)
EBGuy: I dunno but.. Lavos?
Svbman: Who's Lavos
EBGuy punches Svbman
Svbman: OW!
Ah ehhehe
eheh heh
EBGuy: I ened to sleep. I haven't slept in about 4 episodes.
And so they did. They went to the Onett Hotel and stayed there for the night. What will happen next?
EBGuy: I know! I'm gonna kill the narrator next!
Er.. thats not what I was thinking.

------------------
"Okashii na.... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni..." -- Quatre from Gundam Wing
You have to admit, at least he seems happy. You'll find no angst in this guy's posts. 




Post #653, by Luna

Luna blinked at the strange display that had just happened.
That was pretty much my reaction, too. 
"mmm... interesting..." Then, turning her attention to poo, she blinked at him, too. "WHAT are you doing here anyways?! And why are you following me around?"
That has also been pretty much what I've been wondering. Well, not really; it's obvious, to me and to Luna, why he's following her around. 
But in the one second she'd blinked at him, he was gone.
"...weird...Hey mog!" Luna shouted down the cave "If you wanna come, you can!"
Now she's reaching out to one of the depressed, attention starved kiddies. Even PSI322 would do that only very, very rarely.
"Yes! I was getting so bored!" Mog grinned "Where's Poo? I thought he was here a second ago!"
"Gone. I didn't even see him leave. Let's get to the milky well cave before it's too late"
With that, the two ran off to the sanctuary.




Post #654, by SuperSpeedy/Mankey Boy

Poryhedron, carrying the cryogenically frozen Pikachu on his back, took Pikachu's Sound Stone and threw it to OS.
The rest of this post is in bulleted list format, but screw it; it takes more time than it's worth to convert it here. Nobody is ever going to more than very quickly skim it over anyway.
OS used PSI Power Release!
OS became OS+!
I felt a great disturbance in the Force. Like millions of voices groaned in unison, and were silenced.
OS+ rapid-fired energy balls!
600 damage to Lavos.
300 damage to Lavos.
150 damage to Lavos.
75 damage to Lavos.
OS+ used PSI Spirit Bomb Omega!
Lavos is a non-AC character!
Lavos is evil!
Lavos was defeated!
I have a feeling Falcon24 is going to take exception to that. Hopefully in classic Falcon24 fashion.
OS+ & Poryhedron returned to the hotel.
OS+ ran out of power!
OS+ turned back into David!
"What happened?" said David. "And where's Lavos?"
"You defeated him!" said Poryhedron.
"I'll take your word on it," said Dave. "Let's go back to our hotel room."
Ohhhh, this is going to be good.




Post #655, by waffle

(Heh, I bet you didn't think i'd come back)
Sure I did! I snuck a peek at some later posts and you were in them. Plus, I don't remember you announcing your intent to leave forever, and it's not like you're going to ignore the biggest thread in forum history.
Little did anyone know, waffle was also heading to the sanctuary. Thats where he had been for most of the time he was gone.
Well, you're sure taking your sweet time. 
He was fighting a couple little shrooms when Luna walked up.
"Uhm... I was just going up there to beat up that sanctuary guy" waffle said blasting the mushrooms one last time, "What're you doing?"
"Well, the same thing," Luna replied. Waffle picked up a muffin the enemy left behind.
Muffins were, like pants, a starmen.net meme at the time.
"Saaaaay, Luna? Could I come along with you and help defeat that thingy? Like, join forces and stuff?"

She replied...

[This message has been edited by waffle (edited 04-26-2000).]
Awesome! So waffle's going to jump back in and try to lay claim to his woman. It's about time somebody showed some balls.




Post #656, by Falcon24

Falcon stood before the Giygan spaceship. "At last, I'm here....to think, ages ago this served asa means of bringing a great evil to this world.
He meant to type "served ass means", of course.
Now, it is so much rubble...Now, how to get in?" As if in answer to his question, a ramp extended from the ship and touched down neatly at his feet. "That was almost too convenient..." Falcon climbed the ramp and entered the ship.
Hopefully that's foreshadowing of something bad about to happen and not just normal IF ACs bend the Pattern of existence stuff.
"I can feel it, an immense power! And it will be MINE!" As Falcon neared the 9th sanctuary he felt a strange sensation overcome him, enveloping his whole being. "Wha-what..." He took the occassion to look at his hand. "How in the--!?" The Lavoian disguise was fading away. "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Nevertheless, Falcon continued towards the ninth sanctuary.
I cannot say why one paragraph ago he typed "9th" and now he's typing "ninth". We really could have used some type of official ruling about this.
At last, the disguise bestowed on him by Lavos had dissappeared. A wave of intense pain had encompassed him. He felt sick to his stomach. "What is this..." Suddenly a sharp pain rocketed through his skull, as if a dagger was being thrust into his brain. He grabbed his head in pain and sank to his knees.

In excruciating pain, unable to scream from lack of breath, he used his last ounce of strength to do something he would have never dreamed of doing--he let out a psychic call for help.
Ohhhh, that's deliciously dangerous. I like it. One of the better twists I've seen so far--who will come to Falcon24's aid? "One of the kiddies" is a big favorite in the early betting.

And don't worry; this was his story post, and then he will follow up immediately with his "go to hell, SS/MB" post. Like a pro, he's keeping them separate.




Post #657, by Falcon24

(There seems to be a complication here because we can only use one AC character.
Yes, the complication is that most of you would like to use six ACs each, but that's been tried and it sucks. That's why you're only allowed to use one here.

No, seriously, as predicted, Falcon24 is going to try to claim Lavos as an AC. Let's see if he's smart enough, especially since SS/MB is the offending party here, to cite his stupid Poryhedron or whatever as evidence that he should be allowed a second AC. I thought Tengu would bring it up first. 
Nevertheless, I feel that if Lavos was destroyed so easily (*cough* Speedy *cough*) that would severely damage the plot.
Your plot, perhaps. But then, you should consider that this is interactive fiction, and most of the writers don't care much about your plot.

It's a hairy subject and exactly why Tengu (and, here, Falcon) was so fond of crossover characters. If anyone AC God Moded the crossover character to death, he could plead for a moderator to step in on grounds the character is plot-important, effectively sidestepping the AC limitation. It's shrewd. 
And yet I find it hard to get too worked up, because what SS/MB did was exceptionally stupid and annoying. It almost kind of makes me want to take Falcon24's side even though the whole Lavos thing was itself stupid and annoying to begin with.
If we were allowed more than one AC I would take the opportunity of controlling Lavos as well, because then I would be able to control its life or death.
And by extension, control the entire story. 
Unfortunately, seeing as how this is not the case, I must merely ask all of you to not do such things like "I engage Lavos by myself. 803250958752390 HP of damage to Lavos! Lavos dies and I win and I 0wn you all and we all live happily ever after."
Yeah... you have to admit Falcon24 has a solid handle on how AC God Mode works.
PLEASE, let's try to do something a bit more interesting than that(my personal suggestion is for all AC's to gather at the end to defeat it, but you can do what you will).
Thanks for your permission!
Please take my plea into consideration, because I believe(or at least hope) that by doing so this story can turn out to be very interesting indeed. Anyone else care to comment? )
Sure, I'll comment: Falcon24 continues to demonstrate, by his repeated attempts to turn it into collaborative fiction, that he doesn't really like the interactive fiction concept much. It's too bad him and Tengu never got together and took a crack at a collaboration.




Post #658, by PSIOsman

As Osman and Alan were walking away from the spaceship,something made Osman stop.
Ehhh... Osman isn't really what I have in mind when I say kiddies. But I should have bet on him, since he was already at Falcon24's setting after all. Also note how SaturnAl is once again absent and we're left to wonder how long it'll be before Osman gives up and leaves his AC behind in a shelter somewhere.
"We have to go back!" He yelled.
"But why, Dude?"
"I don't know. We just do!"
Meaning, "because I just read in the last post that there's something important happening back there!" But nah; he's telepathic like everyone else, and Falcon24 did send out some telepathic spam.
They ran to the other side and saw a ramp leading into the ship. They heard muffled cries from within.

"Dude, if that was there, why did we cut into it?"
A very fair question, Alan! "Because it's more badass" would be one possible answer.
"I don't know..."

Suddenly, the cries stopped. Osman and Alan doubled their pace and ran inside. When Osman saw who was inside, He gasped, and took a step back...

It was Falcon! And he was on his knees struggling to breathe...
FINISH HIM!
[This message has been edited by PSIOsman (edited 04-26-2000).]





Post #659, by Gauntlet Wizard

(Okay, I've been ignored too much...)
Awww. We're so sorry we didn't give you the attention you deserve. :(
Siris suddenly fell to his knees. A brief psychic vision had rocked him, and only after its initial effect was Siris able to comprehend it. Someone was calling for help...
Always one to help someone in need, Siris took off at an immense speed in the direction of the call. About two-point-four-three minutes had passed before Siris reached the point of the call....
Too slow, skippy. Osman'll be all done and gone off elsewhere before half that two minutes and 23 seconds is up.




Post #660, by Ness The Skittleboy

(Hey guys..can we start reading each other's post so we know whats going on,Sir, Chris is not on the rock anymore..)
NTB has a valid point about people should read other people's posts for f---'s sake, but I'm pretty sure Major Asshole knows Chris wasn't at his rock, and just wrote him in there because he felt like it.
Meanwhile In Onett,at the Bus Stop..
Ness The Skittleboy said "Here comes the bus,Chris." Chris secretly snuck back beside skittleboy, clutching a bag full of hamburgers that he had secretly bought behind NessTSB's back.
Ah, so we officially have an AC tug of war over--of all people--Chris. Didn't see that coming. I mean, it's a lot more likely than a battle over who Mog116's with, or PP/QC or somebody, but a lot less likely than Luna or Falcon24 or etc. 
"Yes..yes..the bus" said Chris. NessTSB and Chris climbed on the bus and they both paid equal amounts of the share for the ride and sat in the very back.
What a skinflint. Can't even pay the administrator's bus fare. 
I wonder if Chris is trying to wait PSI322 out or what. He hasn't posted in a while.
Including them,there were several other people on the bus,but they were busy with their everyday routine.When NessTSB And Chris sat down,Chris began to eat a hamburger since he hadn't had anything to eat in awhile.NessTSB's ki sensed something strange and he reached into the bag without looking and grabbed a hamburger and began to eat it.Chris frowned at looked out the window.NessTSB looked at the other passengers,inpatient to get to winters.
Apparently they're taking a bus from Onett, which does not have bus service, to Winters, which is on a completely different continent. Awesome! I want to see that bus in action.




Post #661, by Luna

"Sure! We could always use more help!" She said, smiling at waffle.
"Deffintly!" Mog added
Good move speaking for Mog116 before he does something weird and tries to drive waffle off. Then again, I don't think Mog is yet aware that he's in Team Luna.




Post #662, by PSIOsman

"Alan... We have to help Falcon."
"But, dude! Is that, like, wise?"
He's not waiting very long between posts; he lacks the patience to wait around as long as a day or two to see if SaturnAl is going to reappear. Two days would be something like 60 or 70 posts right now.
"I don't know. Keep your board ready just in case Falc tries some funny stuff..."
I'm straining to think of something original and funny Falcon24 ever said--at least before 2002, when I stopped paying attention--but the best I can come up with is some hilarious stuff from when he was making fun of Tengu, and then later when he was in an elaborate flame war with NeoPaula. Ahh... good times. His sense of humor was (obviously) better than, say, Tengu Man's or guruzeth's, but SimonBob he was not.
Osman concentrated on what little PSI powers he had. Before he could find out what was wrong, he was drawn into Falcon's mind!
That, uh... that's... interesting.
It seemed that whatever was attacking Falcon was draining his mental energy. When Osman tried to use his, it got drained as well...

PSIOsman opened his eyes. Alan was not with him. He clutched his Scimitar, which had strangely come with him into Falcon's mind.
Turns out the answer to "how long before Osman gives up and ditches SaturnAl?" was: one more post.
He saw...





Post #663, by Little Yoshi

(O my gosh, I am SO sorry for not posting in so long, forgive?)
Probably he hasn't really read the 200 posts he missed. Which is just as well, because it turns out that the total number of times anyone said "hey, what happened to Liyoshi?" was: zero.
(Also, I completley support Falcon about the short battle thing. I LOVE long, epic battles, that's why I love FF7 WEAPONS)
Long is most distinctly not synonymous with epic. Not even close. To paraphrase Gimli from DM of the Rings, nobody said we wanted to read line-by-line battle scripts until my wife divorced me and Chris flunked out of college.
Tim decided to head back to his sanctuary, Rainy Circle. It was his favorite out of all of them, and he was glad that he had its power.
Something he has in common with PSI322, incidentally. Me, like most EarthBound fans, I'm a Lumine Hall kind of guy. 
Suddenly, Tim started learning some Ice PSI! Tim then decided that since this IF was all about a party, not saving the world, he decided he would return to the outer island. However, he didn't succeed. Some energy surronded and paralyzed him.He tried to yell for help, but couldn't! Then, he was flung into the air. He braced himself for the fall as the energy disappeared. But, he hadn't fallen yet. In fact, he was starting to see all of Winters! "I'm...flying?" Tim thought to himself. Once he was over Fourside, he fell to the ground, or at least, so he thought. He actually landed in the Cafe. His force was so hard, he fell into the basement.
"The chosen time has come." A being said. It was the Apple of Enlightment.
"You two must now duel." The Apple said, and with that, Tim and The Evil Mani Mani Statue prepared.

(Oh, guys, instead of please help me, please DON'T help me)
Look, kid, if you want to write fanfic, no one's going to bar your exit from this thread, and we'll hook you up with the email address of the guy that runs the Fanfics section.

Otherwise, you have no business forbidding other people in the interactive fiction forum from adding on to your post.




Post #664, by Chris

(Speaking of reading other people's posts, Ness TSB, I planned on sitting on my rock for quite a while. Since you wrote me as going to Onett, I'll go, but as you'll see, I'm going back on my own again.)
I checked back and I was indeed mistaken: Chris did in fact voluntarily return to Angst Rock. What follows is kind of pissy and lame; better if Chris had simply ignored NTS's intrusion and continued his regularly scheduled angsting. Either way, Major Asshole will provide his usual comic relief, I'm sure.
"Well, it seems there isn't much to do. People everywhere are taking care of Lavos, while others are returning to the outer island to resume the party. I should be heading back to get things ready. Good luck though, and if you run into any serious trouble, I might come to your rescue."

And with that, Chris set out for his rock again, and once there, pondered on what could happen at the party next.
He seems determined to sit at Angst Rock until PSI322 posts again or the Earth crashes into the Sun, whichever comes first.




Post #665, by SirMontyG
Right on cue. I wonder what it is with this guy and stalking Chris?
(Skittle Boy: that's why I said I was only sitting next to Chris's rock. I didn't say he was actualy there
But he was.
(And Faclon: I understand the reason for wanting a decent battle, I learned that one the hard way after I took out Starman Supreme in one post, later reading my message box telling me to keep the battle going. Forgivenes please, Chris!!)
Ah. So there were already private messages at this point. So that opens the door to a lot more behind the scene collaboration than I first suspected.
[Noo!!Nooo!!The pain! The tourcher! Help! How did my plan stop so suddenly!! Help, anyone! Please!!!]

"Did you hear anything, Chris?" Sir asked the newly-returned from Onett ac.

"Nope. Did you?"

"Not a thing. Srawberry Daquri?" Sir had room servace bring over a few drinks (non-alcoholic, of course, heh)
Hahahaha. Dear Falcon24: Go take a long walk on a short pier, please. Major Asshole delivers the goods post after post. He's definitely MVP of this interminable drifting middle section of the Gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Posts by Author