IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

14 June 2011

Posts #766-770: 2-3 May 2000

Post #766, by dhsu

Click here for music!
Sadly, this link goes somewhere on starmen.net, and since it was 11 years ago, the link is long dead.
At that moment, a message projected itself into Dhsu's mind.

Please, whoever can help me, come here...

Without further hesitation, Dhsu threw a smoke bomb and appeared at the source of the cry. The clashing colors and flashing lights blinded him for a moment, and he quickly closed his eyes to block it all off. He thought he must have arrived at the wrong place when he heard a soft whispering to his left. Taking a peek, he saw a young girl on her knees, praying with all her heart.
Is he talking about Liyoshi? That's awesome of he is.
Tim heard an explosion to his right and immediately looked up. He saw a female ninja shrouded in white robes deflecting the Statue's attacks with her sword. "Goodbye, my name isn't Ushd."

"Oh, don't go away yet!" Tim cried.

"Oh, go away already," Dhsu heard the girl say.

"Are you sure?" he replied as he deflected yet another psychic attack. "I was positive I heard you calling for help..."

"You're not sure?" Tim heard. "I didn't hear anyone calling for help..."

"Oh shoot, everything I say must be reversed in her side of Moonside. I need to think of a way to get her to understand what I'm saying."
OK, that's kind of interesting and in flavor. We can work with that.
By this time, Dhsu realized something was wrong. The cry for help had been distinctly male, yet he saw a girl kneeling when he arrived. Then he remembered his location...Moonside. Everything was exactly the opposite of what it was in the real world, including speech and gender. At the same time, Tim realized the same thing and the two started communicating.
I'm a woman. Did you think I was a man?
"Mit," Dhsu began, knowing that the name would be reversed when it reached Tim's side.
If that's true, everything else he says would have to be in reverse too. (I thought about typing the previous sentence in reverse, but decided f--- it, it would just be annoying to type and annoying to read.)
"I won't try to transport to my side of Moonside so that we can't fight together."

"Oh no," Tim said, chuckling a little at what he was saying, "I won't meet you in a few moments. In the mean time, I'll try not to hold the Statue off."

"Kay-o," Dhsu replied, and in an instant, a male ninja in pitch black clothing appeared next to Tim in the same puff of purple smoke the female one had disappeared in.

"Now we can understand each other, but now is no time for talk," he said. With that, he snatched Tim's sound stone and touched it to Tim's forehead. It began glowing, and the soothing melody began playing in his mind, replenishing his energy. As soon as Tim was healed, Dhsu immediately took the sound stone and, being nearly invisible in his black robes, pressed it against the Mani Mani Statue's head.
Of course! Why didn't Liyoshi think of that before?
I have a feeling that, after spending five posts crying for attention, Liyoshi will now be pissed off.
"Dhsu, what in the world are you doing?!" Tim exclaimed.

"The Sanctuary power of the stone will neutralize the anti-Sanctuary field the Statue is creating," Dhsu said quickly. "Quickly, now is your chance!"
Well, he may have saved his reputation with Liyoshi by letting him do his awesome Chrono Trigger thing uninterrupted.
[This message has been edited by Dhsu (edited 05-03-2000).]




Post #767, by Luna

"I think that's a pretty good plan. So let's head out!" Luna yelled. Just then her, walkie talkie started talking to her.
"Waffle... was that you??" Luna gasped, staring at her walkie talkie.
"I don't think so..."
"...kreepy, with a capital K..." Luna mumbled. "Let's go! The first one to the shiny spot claims the melody!"
"Seeya there!"
So the two Adventurers started towards the Shiny spot.
I guess that means that's their official club title: the Adventuruers!



Post #768, by Mog116

Mog kicked a rock. (I was completely absorbed in Alundra 2 the last two weeks)
Hmm. I guess that makes it slightly plausible his story about getting a new video game after hurting himself could check out. But I still doubt it. Mog116 recently commented here, so maybe he can clear up whether that actually happened or not for us?
The rock hit a tree, bounced of a bush, and hit Mog sharply in the back of the head. "Wait a minute! Superspeedy has two ACs! Does that mean I can have Two, too?" Mog thought for a moment, then decided which AC to bring in if he could. Then Mog walked over to Tenda Town 2 (Is that were I left?).
WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!

Congratulations Mog116, you get the Awesome Points I promised to the first person to point out that SS/MB has been using two ACs for all of his 20 posts or so. (Presumably because he's the first person to try to read a SS/MB post.)
He got on the computer and tried to find if he could bring in his other AC.
Kind of the lame the way he tried to call him out on it in-character, though. It's one of those things--there are many of these in life--that seem fresh and cool and original, so you try it, but it turns out... no. It's just lame.



Post #769, by Pikachu3164

Hey! That's right! I have an AC that I really want to add, but I don't want to break the one AC a person rule... PSI? Someone?
Ohhhhh yeah. S--- is now hitting the fan, ladies and gentlemen. Get out your umbrellas. Tengu sighting in 3...2...1...
******
"HEALING PROCESS DONE. EJECTING CRYOGEN VICTIM."
The healing pod then ejected Pikachu, whom then was sent flying at a speed of quite a lot of miles per hour. [AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!]
Good description of the speed there.
He landed 2 feet away from the core of the ship, the exact location of the 9th Sanctuary.
[Hmm.... This reminds me.... I only have Giant Step and Pink Cloud.] Pikachu absorbed the power of Giygas' Spaceship! Pikachu's power levels went up by a lot of numbers!
Also a great description of his power increase. And why do I get the feeling Falcon, Tengu or both is/are going to smack 3164 around for daring to mess around with the Sacred Ninth Sanctuary?
[Now where should I go... I know! Not to many people have Lumine Hall! I'll head there! PSI Teleport Omega!]

Pikachu Teleport Omegaed to Deep Darkness Tenda Village.
Upon walking in, Pikachu saw a spooky shadow...

Only for me to decide what the shadow is!
Actually, it's not. That would be true only if you go ahead and tell us what it is right now. Otherwise, it's fair game for anyone else that wants to decide it, because this is Interactive Fiction.
I need to know if I can bring in 2 ACs like SS/MB did.
You have probably deduced already that he's doing this because he wants the Mysterious Shadow to be his second AC. I'll go ahead and spoil this one for you: PSI322 would not allow more than one AC per character in a billion years. It will be interesting to see how long it is before she shows up and says so, and who tries to push the envelope before then.
[This message has been edited by Pikachu3164 (edited 05-02-2000).]





Post #770, by Dr. Andonuts

Nathan went down into dark Threed. No one was on the streets. He went into the drugstore there and asked the people there what was going on. They told him that all of Eagleland was now under the rule of a large purple swirl and a fat kid and that there were Starmen guards everywhere. Nathan thought that this meant that Gigyas had gotten the power of the sanuaries before Ness could, and he could only have done that with the piece of sound stone that was lost in transport.
None of that makes even the tiniest mite of sense, for a thousand reasons you would be aware of if you'd ever played EarthBound.
Nathan knew that he would have to go farther back in time to find the piece before Gigyas could get it.
I guess he's just bored with the Lavos crap and has decided to try something new. Give him points for not waiting around for somebody else to think of something.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I was wondering what happened to me. Getting a new video game after hurting myself? I didn't see if I said that in this topic, but I might've just missed it. We were really poor, so I only really got games around my birthday or Christmas, so that might make sense. It might've been when I twisted the hell out of my ankle, that was around when I was 12. But that was during the school year... Could've been the time I fell down the stairs, but that wasn't that bad and I thought that was earlier. Man, this is drudging up all kinds of sweet memories. OH I just found the post. Okay. True story. It was only about six stairs though, not really that bad--I definitely played it up. Didn't even go to a hospital. I don't know about the part where my mom got me a game, but I guess it would've been Alundra 2 or Chocobo's Dungeon 2, and while CD2 is a pretty decent game, Alundra 2 is flippin terrible. I basically spent a week or two at my friend's house playing each, is why I'm guessing them. Obviously, this would've provided me with the entertainment I needed to not try to grab attention from the poor internet users of 2000... But then I come back immediately and try to insert another AC :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. jesus hell that was long

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it's worth my childhood was the same way; until I got to being 16 and making my own money, my birthday (April) and Christmas were the official times of year I got new video games, and I was about two years late getting onto the SNES and then the N64.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Posts by Author