IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

18 June 2011

Posts #786-790: 3 May 2000

Post #786, by Little Yoshi

Mani Mani used Magnet Beta!
Mani Mani used Magnet Beta!
Mani Mani used Magnet Beta!
Drained 38PP from Tim

Tim kept praying, and still couldn't think of what he was desperatley trying to remember
At least this one is short, thank the gods.




Post #787, by murkkie

(Okay. Ya see When this topic first started I didn't read it. I Notice that it is THE most succesful topic I've ever seen. I want to make a post but it will take me hours to read it. So, can some one sum it up for me?)
No. Now piss off.
Not that you asked, but my best estimate is that I've now put somewhere around 200 hours into reading and annotating this thing.





Post #788, by Tengu Maul

(PSI, I really hate to interupt the flow of the story, but I just wondered if you lifted the 1 AC only rule, since a lot of people are thinking of a second AC[not that I'm any better]. Please confirm the facts of the this rule when you can. Thanks)
Now that Mog116 is forging ahead with his second AC, Tengu is going to push the issue. Tengu knows full well PSI322 is going to say no. He's not about to let some pissant use multiple ACs if he can't.
This also seems like a fine place to note that PSI322 was very specific in Post #1 that only one AC per writer is permitted. It's likely SS/MB and Mog116 never read Post #1, but Tengu sure as hell did. He's just hoping PSI322 forgot about it.




Post #789, by Mog116

Summin' up: This was a vacation, until I/Darth found out about it being really the Eagleland.
You found out nothing. That was 100% Tengu's doing. Why the hell are you trying to claim credit for it?
Then We had a race to find the melodies. Lavos came and we need the melodies to defeat Lavos. That's about it. You can join my group, if you want.
No summary of the Gathering is anywhere near complete without an extensive discussion of Chris, Luna, and Major Asshole. And you probably need some PP/QC in there, too, and some 3164 and Falcon24.
Mog and Pika Reached Lilliput Steps. They had a very uneventful walk through the cave, then they reached the Mole. (I can't remember it's name)
(Because I never actually played EarthBound)
-Mog used PSI flame-
-231 damage to Mole-
-Mole used dig-
-Mole dug a hole-
-Pika is waiting-
-Mole used Dig-
-1432 damage to Pika-
-Mog used PSI Lifeup-
-Pika is restored-
-Pika used Blazing tackle-
-1753 damage to Mole-
-Mole called for help-
-Mole A Became Tame- (rolling HP)
-Mole B used PSI Magnet Alpha-
-Pika loses MP-
-Mog attacks-
-435 damage to MoleB-
-Pika used Blazing Tackle-
(Pika can use Special "PokeAttacks". They cost no Mp, and do high damage)
No EarthBound attack costs any MP either, since there is no such thing as MP in EarthBound, which Mog116 never played. Well, OK, he probably played it, but not more than once.
-1862 mortal damage to MoleB-
-MoleB fainted-

[That was kewl, too.] Mog's sound stone absorbed the power of Lilliput steps. Mog is four melodies away from ???
LOL, now that sentence is actually a pretty good summary of the Gathering since the party ended. Four melodies away from ???. Damn if I know why in the hell we're collecting melodies.
[Do you think you can teleport yet?] Pika asked. [No, but I think we will meet someone on the way]

(murkkie, you don't HAVE to come, but you can.)
Let's toss that one into the Double-Entendre File and speak no further of it.




Post #790, by PSI322

(Once again, I'm going to apologize for not moderating this as well as I should. This is the most difficult topic a moderator could ask for, and it's tough to read everything really closely, especially with limited time on your hands.)
You didn't think she was going to be rude about it, did you?
(The rule allowing only ONE AC per person still stands. Anyone with more than one AC best get rid of a character, somehow. Again, I know I should have caught this on my own, but this topic, in particular, is very tough to deal with.)
It's all my fault you're a bunch of flaming idiots who try to push the envelope!
She was good at getting things done by making people feel bad, though.
~PSI322, Moderator of Interactive Fiction
I have to say, though, she was very proud to be a moderator of the IF board. She loved that forum more than was probably healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Posts by Author