IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

18 November 2009

Posts #101-105: 14 April 2000

Post #101, by Chris

"Well, I've managed to do a good job setting up everything.
Of COURSE you did! You do a good job at EVERYTHING! You should be promoted to Supreme-Dictator-For-Life!

LierXAgerate, himself an old IF denizen, nominates Pikachu3164 for MVP of the Gathering so far. That's a good choice, but Chris is right there.
Still, there's that one little thing that always gets me...I'll never be able to get an actual date to the dance. Well, I'll give it a try. Let's see if I can find myself a nice shirt or something..."
I don't know why so many males, especially teenage males, believe that acting sad and defeated--'woe is me, no woman will ever notice me'--will get women to take pity on you and want to date you. It doesn't. They like guys that are sure of themselves, even a little full of themselves. Which will be demonstrated when we get to how Chris's pursuit of PSI322 turned out.
Chris left the decorations and decided to attempt to look attractive enough to get a date, though this had never been done before.
i.e., 'PSI, please make the first move, I am way too afraid to.'

I'm sure Chris has long since figured this out, but to any 15 year olds that might be reading: It's hard to get dates if you don't ask for them.



Post #102, by Queen Catherine

"Sounds good to me." I said, agreeing with EB Ranger.
I looked at Matt.
"Let's BURN it instead!" Matt insisted as he clenched his fists and grinned. "Why take it out into the ocean and let it decay?"
Do jellyfish burn? I mean, after you give them sufficient time to dry out. Killing jellyfish with fire does sound worth trying.
"Well Matt, Clams eat jellyfish. We want to help the enviorment. We also want to make the enviornment safe for the people on this island."
I'm starting to think killing the whole damn island with fire is the best way to go, then. Actually, I'm pretty sure our heroes are going to get around to doing that very thing, eventually.
"No, Jenny! I want to burn it! You can't tell me what to do! I am a Psycho with free will! I am allowed to do whatever I want! MWAHAHAHAHA!!"
As long as the Syndicate approves it.
I immediately slapped him across the face.
"Snap out of it! If you set the thing on fire, the island might explode! We don't know what chemicals the thing contains and the chemicals might be flammable!
Jellyfish are organic, QC. They contain no harmful chemicals. Even their venom is not in the least bit harmful to the environment. Fortunately the processed food industry has found no use yet for jellyfish (that we know of).

'Course, this is a giant jellyfish. Maybe exposure to nuclear waste mutated it or something.
. Now let's go get the rubber gloes and take it out like what um... what's your name?"
EB Ranger introduces himself as Mark.
"Alright, let's get the gloves on and do some clean up." I said
........ ((Matt, take over here.))
What if I want to take over here, hmm?



Post #103, by waffle

Waffle had the same thought as Chris. Its always nice to actually dance with someone there.Of course,you need good clothing. He went to the clothing store place to look for a nice shnazzy stuff to wear.
Of course the Syndicate installed a clothing store before everyone arrived.
He opened the door and went in,seeing racks of nice clothes. He browsed through,making tough decisions,but finally chose one that was just right.
What are you, a woman? Grab something that feels OK and doesn't look hideous and move on with your life.
"Alriiiighty! I'll take this! Adios!" he said popping out the door. He then headed back to his room to change,since it was just about time for the dance and talent show.

Now,he just wondered if theres someone who would dance with him...
For f---'s sake, guys, you make the move. Don't put up a goddamn neon sign that says 'AVAILABLE, APPLY WITHIN'. Then again, I don't think we 10% of guys that know how to make a move mind that 90% don't, come to think of it.
[This message has been edited by waffle (edited 04-14-2000).]




Post #104, by PSI322

It was around this time that PSI322 snapped to life again. Early in the party, she had wandered off into the interior of the island of Eagleland, where she'd discovered a small mountain of sorts with a few grand cliffs. PSI322 had mounted one of those cliffs and sat there for a while, watching the sky and daydreaming. So many thoughts danced around in her head as she sat there...
See, guys? This is what happens when you don't make the move. The woman gets bored and leaves. You taking notes? And Luna's out running from jellyfish while you're pissing around hoping she notices you.

Eventually PSI322 and Luna will come back to the dance and humor Chris and waffle, out of the realization there isn't going to be a dance if they don't, more than anything else.
Suddenly, something woke PSI322 from her trance, and she realized that she had been up on the cliffs for a long time. She started to descend the cliffs and proceed back to the beach...
The above was a mini-rant, but really this is more of a "hi, everyone, I haven't been posting but I'm still alive!" I presume PSI was away for two days and had no idea as yet that her post had caught fire.



Post #105, by Mog116

Tim dropped Mog off at the Hotel. "C yah."
Yeah, that's how he actually pronounced it. Not "see you" or "see ya". There's a difference.
Mog went into the apartment, took a shower, pulled some clothes outta his duffel bag, and got prepared for the dance. Although he didn't know WHAT kind of girl would dance with a fluffy white moogle. He walked down to The dance hall, hoping to be early....
How the hell did he get the idea to capitalize 'the' and only 'the'? I don't understand what goes through people's minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Posts by Author