IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

26 November 2009

Posts #201-205: 16 April 2000

Post #201, by Mog116

"Heheh. I got a Paula's Quest file all the way to Level 136 in one night. I even completed MoogleBound."
Oh god. Please tell me you're not going to challenge him on Paula's friggin' Quest.
Mog was mumbling to himself in the room with Drew, Matt, and everyone else who was forced into the tourney in it. "Is this all the people that signed up?"
Good use of the word 'forced'.
"He made me." Matt said. Mog set on the banch and started playing Moogle bound. "Yes! I'm at level 356! UP YOURS! Yeah! PSI Freeze Orb! PSI Thunder Cloud! HAHAHAHA!"
It might have existed, for all I know. RPG Maker was all the rage in 2000.
Mog laughed insanely as Drew beat Matt in about five seconds. Mog beat several people, and ended up fighting Drew.
(Well? Drew? Who do you think would win. LVL>100 verse LVL>136? I'd say: 100<136)
I'd say we're in for an excrutiating e-penis measuring contest between 10 year olds.



Post #202, by NessJeff

"That be nothing. You lamers made me unlock, Level 76779! Yes I improved it. It'll be a cold day in heck before ya beats that!"
"C**p..."
"Mwahaha!" Desparate times call for desparate measures...
Yeah... I act surprised.



Post #203, by PsycoPyro
WARNING: Long PP/QC post coming. I don't blame you if you skip it. Hell, I want to skip it.
((Everyone SLOW DOWN!! Grr QC!!))
Yeah... sure. We will all slow down to accommodate your wishes. The internet bends to your will.
I was easily defeated by Drew after playing a game called "Paula's Quest". I sighed as Jenny said nothing. I could sense that she wanted to smile at my pathetic defeat. I shrugged the feeling off, thinking about my victory at the swimming race. I said congrats. to everyone who tried the race and I left for the hotel.
It's your own damn fault for playing the retarded thing.
As I walked back, I turned to find Jenny walking behind me.
"I'm tired," She said, "so I'm going back to my room until morning."
"Isn't Drew gonna walk you back to your room?" I asked her.
"He's busy with his game and I said I'd see him tomorrow somewhere."
"Oh really? Now that's something new."
We walked back to the hotel silently and listened to the insects buzzing. I then stopped and paused. Jenny looks at me with concern.
"What's up?" She asked.
"I need to ask you something." I replied. "Can I borrow your laptop? I really need to talk to Julie! I haven't seen her since we've left for your beach house."
"Uh huh. And then you would pitch it-"
"No, I swear I wouldn't! Just lemme talk to my gf! Please, Jenny!"
Yes, he actually says 'gee-eff'. For reals.
"Oh alright. The boat is at the harbor."
"Thank you so much. By the way before I go, I have something to say..."
Her eyes stared at me intentionally.
"I can sense that Drew guy likes you." I blurted out.
"Yea right!" She laughed, not believeing me.
I have no idea why the hell they're trying to rope NessJeff in. I guess you take your friends/followers where you can find them, especially when CHA is your dump stat, as it is with 90% of IF'ers as with D&D'ers.
"Don't be naive. You saw how he went after me when we were screwing around in the pool
*cough*
and the way he danced with you. Not to mention that he wanted to dance with you longer."
Yes, that definitely means he wants to bang the daylights out of 'her'. How disappointed he will be when he discovers 'she' is actually you, and quite thoroughly male.
Jenny feel silent
I FEEL ASLEEP!
and thought of what I said. We were both silent and I was afriad of what I had said.
"Well um, Good-night Matt." She smiled as she waved farewell and headed back to her room.
I went to the harbor, fetched the laptop from Jen's boat, headed back to my hotel room, and freely chated with my gf off AOL. I never felt so happy in a long time...

[This message has been edited by PsycoPyro (edited 04-16-2000).]




Post #204, by Pikachu3164

(Someone here, names SirMontyG, has decided to make me look bad. And that makes me sad. It involves making it seem like Mani got stuck in that tree because I shocked her. I would really appreciate it if people would stop bashing me just because I am a Pokémon.
And I would have saved Mani if I were here when she made the post. But, Sir beat me to it and made me look bad in the process.)
Welcome to the IF board, kiddo. Might want to get used to it. It actually wasn't personal; it's just that making other people look bad while making yourself look like god's gift to the universe is elevated to an art form here.
Anyways, back at the beach...
Pikachu was talking with Mani. He was particualrly disgusted that she had told Sir that he had shocked her when he hadn't.
[Mani! I did not shock you! Why did you say that? I look bad enough here as it is!] asked a very frusterated Pikachu.
KILL HIM WITH FIRE
"I'm not really sure.... But you did run off..." replied Mani.
[What is a Pikachu supposed to do? I'm a foot tall and my arms are an inch long! And I couldn't use my PSI because I didn't want to panic you!]
"Wait... you have PSI?"
[... ... ...]
"Do you?"
[Umm... Yes. I was an expieriment run by Team Rocket before I escaped. They gave me PSI. You have to keep it a secret though, okay?"
I guess this is supposed to be an earthshattering revelation.
[This message has been edited by Pikachu3164 (edited 04-16-2000).]
You'll notice how the posts are starting to generally get longer. That will continue.



Post #205, by Queen Catherine
Well, it's been more than 150 posts now since I promised you PP/QC would be going away 'soon'. I was wrong. I apologize. I'm just as frustrated as you are.
I walked back to the hotel and went up in the elevator to the 7th floor. I walked down the narrow hallway, pulled out my keycard, and unlocked my door. Slowly I walked in.

I went into my closet and pulled out a dark gree Kimono. I stripped off my clothes and warpped myself in the robe.
There is no way in hell this poster isn't male. There's fanservice like this in almost every post.
Then, I made myself some caffeen-free tea and settled myself on the edge of my large bed.
Again.
I turned on the tv and watched the news. The topic was on "Children Misteriously Disappeared! SM.Net Might Have a Connection to the Case."
Tomorrow's topic will be 'Channel 6 news team mysteriously disappeared! We have no idea who might have a connection to the case. Seriously. Please don't hurt us, Syndicate.'
I sighed tiredly and wondered if I should notifiy my parents. Besides, Matt and I sneaked out of the house to come here onto this island. I started to worry about Matt and wondered what he would do. He desparately wanted to see his gf once again in person. Indeed was he love sick. Would he try to run away from Eagleland and back to MD or will he find a way to bring her over here too? And what about Drew? Was what Matt said was true? I was
He never finished that sentence. Forever we will be left to wonder. I was.......
As I finished my tea, I began to feel strange. My senses were growing weak and my vision was getting a little dim. What was wrong with me all of a sudden? Tea isn't suppose to do this.
I sniffed the tiny drops of tea that was in my mug. Something in it wasn't right, but I didn't taste anything funny. Just then, I heard a loud knock on the door. Someone or something came breaking into my Hotel room...
QC/PP has grown bored, even with his own meandering nonsense, and is going to again try to kickstart some violence. Really, the violence won't get rolling in full steam until a couple of the alpha dogs in this thread (PSI, Tengu, Chris) get it going.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose my old-self'd be flattered to be called an Alpha-Dog, but it's far from the truth.

    And to break down that annoying assumption some have about it, I was never a critical pillar to keeping IF alive. It still went on a good while after I pretended to disappear back in 2000-2001.

    I say this only because I've had Anthadd say a few times that I was critical to IF, but I really don't see how [even if in a twisted way] I did that much for the longevity of the forum.

    Sure, I'm a shining example of what NOT to do today, but I was certainly not a very positive example to the kiddies, I assure you. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself said in the first Tengu Man post that maybe the reason I didn't ban you instantly was deep down I knew the IF board wouldn't be nearly as active/fun without you, and it wasn't after you were gone. (Might have more to do with PSI322's gradual disappearance, though.)

    I don't know if that's the same thing as being a 'critical pillar', but I guess you get some points for activity, at least. So that's something.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Posts by Author