IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

30 November 2009

Posts #226-230: 17 April 2000

Post #226, by Queen Catherine

I ran back into my hotel room and changed into my outfit that I wore yesterday (A white t-shirt with a dark green bikini underneath and jean shorts) and left the hotel.
Yes... you have already mentioned a few times what your, um, talent is.
I found Matt and told him about the Talent show.
"I don't know if I should be in." I said. "I really don't have a talent to perform or show other than in writing, running, and fan fics."
If you consider writing your talent, you might want to start scouting overpasses and stake your claim to one that looks nice, before some other hobo beats you to it. Was that too rude?

That's the problem with good advice: no one wants to hear it.
"I could probably do a performance with fire or something." Matt said. "I planned to put on a fireworks show, but it's too early to do it."
Then I discussed about a mysterious ship that I saw earlier this morning.
"Great." Matt said sarcastically. "It sounds like the US navy might assist the FBI after all. We better go into hiding or something. By the way, have you played Paula's Quest?"
"No, not really. I just stay back and watch."
"Not interested in videogames? That's odd hearing that from you. You're the first girl I've met who likes videogames."
Makes sense, since 'she' is a figment of your imagination and all.

Girls that play video games are much, much more common now than they were in 2000, when it was still pretty much unheard of.
"I guess I really am busy with other stuff."
"Oh? Anyway, I'll think about that talent show. I might just put on a comedy or something. I'll catch you later."
I'm sure it'll be a scream.
I said farewell to Matt and headed down the snackbar. I grabbed myself a chocolate Milkshake, and then...
Is 'Milkshake' a brand name now?



Post #227, by SuperSpeedy/Mankey Boy

Upon hearing of the meeting, Dave hopped on Poryhedron and had him Tackle to the auditorium.
"But, Dave!" said Poryhedron. "I found a TM to teach me Blizzard. Team Rocket had to hack into my internal programming to teach me Bubblebeam. I want to learn something through a TM! Don't you want a snowball fight here?"
"Good point," said Dave, "but make it quick!"
  • Poryhedron activivated the TM, and learned Blizzard!
  • David hopped on Poryhedron, and crashed through the wall section above the door.
(I'll be on Poryhedron, who'll be floating above the floor, high enough so I'll won't bump my head, but no one will be in the way of my view.)
I'm mildly surprised PSI322 hasn't dropped the One AC Per Thread cane on SS/MB yet, but I'm shocked Tengu hasn't sought to exploit it yet.
[This message has been edited by SuperSpeedy/ Mankey Boy (edited 04-17-2000).]




Post #228, by Mog116

How do you get so many posts during school time? )
Lots of schools had internet capability, Mog.
Mog was walking around outside. He heard some explosions, so he turned left. An aerial ship and a Naval boat were shooting at each other.
Heh. A 'Naval boat'. Maybe this is the Canadian Navy.
Mog suddenly realized he was bored stiff and there was a perfectly good fight going on.
I think pretty much everyone is realizing that right about now. Have you noticed how many writers have been, in one way or another, complaining about being bored lately?
He reached for his hover board, but was surprised when it wasn't there. Mog suddenly spaced out and remembered the whole "Moogle Magic White incident". He reached back in his duffel bag and pulled out a flame thrower. He strapped it on and made a flying leap off the dock. I mean FLYING. he hovered in the air and suddenly bolted off on the Airship. He ran down to find someone he didn't know. "Do you have a radio?" "Yeah."
As opposed to, "Seize the intruder!" like a sensible airship captain would say.
Chris handed Mog the radio, and Mog pushed several buttons. "Hello, you have reached Zapple's pad, Zapple speaking." "Send Gull Wing to these coirdinates." "Kay-o." Mog ran back up to the deck, waiting for his airship, which looked like a giant Mechanical bird. When He saw it, he jumped for it and just avoided a bomb the navy sent after him.
A... bomb. From below.
Mog flew Gull Wing to the apartments, and hovered on the fourth floor. He tapped a window, wanting someone to answer to help steer his ship.
______ came to the window. (Fill in the blank with your name.
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure what to do with that blank.



Post #229, by Pikachu3164

Pikachu had told Mani last night that he would gladly be her friend, and told Sir that his apology was accepted.
So, now he's looking for other people to be friends with, and stuff like that.
Oh, for f---'s sake. If you don't have anything half meaningful to write, then the door's on your left.
[Should I be in the talent show? I have no real talent.... I'll go to the meeting anyways and watch people. That should be fun.]
That is true. You have no real talent, because instead of developing a skill doing something, you sit around feeling sorry for yourself and trying to play on other people's pity. In about ten years, you will find no one has any pity for you anymore, and you will either kill or heavily medicate yourself to cope.
[This message has been edited by Pikachu3164 (edited 04-17-2000).]




Post #230, by Little Yoshi

"Sorry if you heard me wrong, I said I'd be a diplomat for Eagleland," Tim said,"No way I'm gonna open fire on the U.S....not yet, anyways, so-"
Your brother probably has that diplomat thing handled. Just a wild guess. It would be better if you blew the s--- out of that ship so we can move on with our lives, though.
Kraken used a Crashing Bomm Bang attack!
Tim took 214 HP of damage!
The Franklin Badge can't block a Crashing Bomm Bang attack. That is one clever Kraken he's dealing with.
It didn't hit anyone!
Tim used Leap Slash!
SMAAAAAAAAASH! 314 HP of mortal damage to Kraken!
Wait... it didn't SMAAAAASH last time, and it did like twice as much damage.
Kraken used Lifeup B!
Beta.
Kraken recovered 314 HP!
Tim used Leap Slash!
How original.
Just missed!
Kraken emmited a pale green light! The efeects of PSI are gone on Kraken!
But the effects of PSI will never be gone on Chris.
Tim used PSI Offense down, Defense up!
Now you're cheating! There is no such spell, and you can't take two turns at once. Cheater.
Kraken's Offense fell!
Tim's Defense rose!
Kraken breathed fire!
Tim's flame shield made the fire disappear!
Um... flame shield. Yeah. I don't even know what game he stole that from. You can tell he's about to hand Kraken his ass now; AC God Mode is now fully engaged.
Tim's shield disappeared!
Tim used Leap Slash!
273 HP of damage to Kraken!
The Kraken was defeated!
"Whew! What a fight!" Tim said
Yes, that was a thrilling fight. I was on the edge of my seat, wondering whether or not an AC would get killed by a random encounter.
Tim returned to the dock to repair his ship.
He also wondered why no one helped him in that fight, but decided that they just didn't have time to save someone else's life.
That's more pleasant than 'they don't give a rat's ass about Tim', however closer to the truth that might be.

3 comments:

  1. "If you consider writing your talent, you might want to start scouting overpasses and stake your claim to one that looks nice, before some other hobo beats you to it. Was that too rude?"

    Oh god. XD
    I bet that comment could be very well applied to me in those days as well.


    "I'm mildly surprised PSI322 hasn't dropped the One AC Per Thread cane on SS/MB yet, but I'm shocked Tengu hasn't sought to exploit it yet. "

    Oh believe me, my old self will likely call you out on that one now that you mention it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no... if you were some J. Random Doofus that couldn't write his way out of a paper bag, you wouldn't have been nearly so much of a pain in the ass. That was the problem, really. I mean, yeah, when you're 26 you look back and say 'Wow, I sucked at writing back then,' but... consider the competition here. It's people like PP/QC and Little Yoshi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. Well, my writing style has changed siginificantly since the IF days. You guys might have considered me to be more than capable of writing myself out of a paper bag, but compared to now, it would be only marginally acceptable to me.

    I've got a lot of my old [non-IF] writing works here, but because I'm so mortified of looking at my old styles, I haven't looked at them in years. :P

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Posts by Author