IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

23 November 2009

Posts #181-185: 16 April 2000

Post #181, by Chris

(Just to let everyone know, it's still nighttime. This is an evening sand castle contest, and such. We'll be getting to the morning events soon.)
Chris has spoken.
Castle construction continued. The various groups were hard at work, because in ten minutes, they would have to stop working and be judged.
Makes sense, since in 15 minutes the tide is going to wipe out your castle. You might not get 10 out of 10 on the Cunning Plan category, I have to be honest with you.
Juliana and Chris continued molding the sand into their sand castle. Soon, it stood several feet high, and had a moat that encircled it and ran down into the ocean. Chris made a drawbridge, while Juliana carved windows out of the tower.
They make such a good team. Don't you agree?
Finally, the time to judge had come. The judges (selected from people hanging around who weren't building castles) walked amongst the castles, looking to see which one they liked best. After a few minutes of delibiration, the head judge stepped forward to announce the desicion.

"The winner is..."
Credit where credit's due: At least he realizes he should let someone else 'win' here. Especially considering there's a fair chance whoever follows up will award it to PSI, anyway.



Post #182, by Luna

Luna decided to partake in the swimming race, since she was a great swimmer, and could swim pretty fast.
As opposed to, 'since she was a great swimmer, but swam kind of slow.'

Or, 'since she was a lousy swimmer, but could swim pretty fast.'
She ran over to get ready for the races, doing stretches and such. She mentally thanked the judges for having the race in the pool instead of in the sea, because jellyfish DESPISE chlorinated water.
Yes, they certainly do. Probably something to do with how it kills them instantly.

You know what I despite? Battery acid.
"I wonder who won the sand castle contest..." She thought to herself.
Luna passes the baton to the next poster.



Post #183, by PsycoPryo

I walk to the beach and find Jenny staring at the ocean aimlessly. She sat on the beach quitely by herself and undisturbed.
I quietly approached her and she dared not to move to my entrance. She continued to stare out into the ocean as I sat next to her.
"Hey um..." I began to say, but she wouldn't turn her head. "Is there anything wrong?"
She quietly shook her head. I didn't bother to question her more or I would annoyed her.
For f---'s sake, kid, slow down, re-read your sentences, fill in the words you keep skipping.
"That's cool. So um, I'm going to sign up for the race at the pool. Did you hear about that?"
Jenny shakes her head.
"I don't know when it's going to be yet but I think I'll win. I was on the school's swim team you know.
The other ACs have 65 Olympic gold medals. Each.
I was wondering if you can come over and watch...?"
"I will." She suddenly replied and I nearly jumped.
"Hey, is there anything wrong? Seriously, tell me."
Jenny's response was....




Post #184, by Chris

During the time that the judges had been contemplating the best sand-castler, the Starmen.net Swim Meet was starting to warm up. The racers in the various heats were out stretching, while several people who were interested in watching were taking places around the edge of the pool.

Since it was taking a fair length of time for the judges to make their choice regarding the sand castles, several of the people down there, including Chris and Juliana, had walked up to the pool to watch. Chris pulled up two chairs next to each other for the two of them to sit in, while Juliana walked over to a drink stand and bought two sodas.
Bought? At a Syndicate party??
Looking around the area, Chris saw waffle getting ready for the race. He and Juliana waved to waffle, who had somehow acquired a bathing suit with a waffle design on it. Chris thought he recognized several other faces, but he wasn't sure, so he continued sipping on his soda.

"So, are you having a good time, Juliana?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun. This has been a great night." she replied.
I hope!

I wonder how long it took him to settle on this. I've had such a wonderful time together with you, Chris, seemed kind of wordy after typing it out and re-reading it, so he sharply went with the condensed version.
The two of them continued to wait for the results of the sand castle contest, and the start of the swim meet.




Post #185, by Tengu Man/Makron
Tengu! Come on in! We've missed you, man. Inject this thread with a little bit of Tengumania, would you?
The judge, who looked almost just like Darth Maul[this is actually me]
[we know]
walked up to the side of the swim meet, and took out his whistle.
Darth Maul is so freaking cool. You know what Darth Maul dresses up as when he participates in IFs? That's right: Tengu Man.
"Ready... set... GO!!" he blew the whistle and everyone took off...

The judge took a look around the island while the race was commencing, noting that he had missed a lot, but rather not reveal himself to anyone for a while...

(Jack is the judge, but let me reveal him to everyone, so act like "Jack"'s still absent, thank you.)

My lips are sealed, Tengu. With gorilla glue!
So... you want me to Neuralize myself, or what?

3 comments:

  1. [And back to happy-fun-time la-la-land from the last post of gloomy seriousness]

    HERE HE COMES TO WRECK THE DAY! Oh man, that fits me so perfectly at this point. XD

    Yeah folks, indeed... prepare for a train wreck. It might not happen yet, but it will soon enough. I had that kind of 'charm' back then, as you may call it. <.<;

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, seriously, the story had gotten pretty damned stale by this point. I'm not even being facetious when I say I'm happy to see you show up.

    I didn't even read most of the thread until it was about 60% completed, back when it was going on, so I didn't know about any of this... but I might even have been happy you showed up back at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, if that was true, I guess I'd call it a first for you being glad to see me.

    But I bet it didn't last for all that long. Probably a day at best before you were probably wishing I'd disappear again. XD

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Posts by Author