IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

18 November 2009

Posts #141-145: 15 April 2000

Post #141, by Mog116

(Matt, I TOLD YOU THE TIME!!!!)
Pshaw. Like Matt can be bothered to read other people's posts.

This was sometimes an issue on IF, Person B getting offended when it's obvious Person A, who Person B is trying to write a story arc with, isn't reading his posts. (Usually Person A is your average bad poster who doesn't read anybody's posts.) I'd suggest you ignore the kid and find yourself a new story arc, but you know how a lot of people find complaining more fulfilling.
Mog thumped the Snack table. He didn't want to dance. Mog walked outside and saw Tim putting sheilds up on his boat.
The shields are inherent. Haven't you ever seen Star Wars?
Mog walked down the beach. He saw a Kralen swimming around. Mog pulled his Hover board out of his Hover board and chased after it. *POP* The Kralen Hit Mog in the head. Mog flew around the Kralen. Kralen flung around and knocked Mog's Hover board away. Mog lost himself. He turned red and hovered in the air.
Since Mog can fly/hover, I assume the hover board was only there to make him look even cooler than he already did, if that's possible.
"Moogle Magic White!" Mog flew straight through the Kralen, under the water and killed about 87 kralens by shooting beams of Holy light at them.
It might have been 88. It was hard to keep proper count amid all the excitement and Holy light and all that.
He flew back around and landed on the beach, not being able to remember any of the fight.




Post #142, by Little Yoshi

(I'm not helping out with fireworks, I'm repairing my ship)
Things are starting to get snippy. This is potentially a fun development.
"Mog, are you okay?!" Tim asked.
"Huh?" Mog asked, then looked himself over.
"You just turned red then white, then fell on the beach," Tim explained.
"Yeah, I'm fine," Mog replied.
"I'm gonna just peek inside the dance room to see what's happening, then I'll be back,"Tim said.
As you can see, Tim, in a gathering full of godlike AC avatars, protection from monsters is wholly superfluous.



Post #143, by NessJeff

Drew is still dancing with Jenny. The Legend of Zelda song ends.
"Play Paula's theme!!!"
"Okay, but let someone else choose the music next!"
"Ahh, who cares, I'll just give you a play list."
Playlist says(In this order)
Moomba #5(Final Fantasy version of Mambo #5(The real song sucks)
Then why in the six purple hells would you make a Final Fantasy version of it?
Shadow's theme
Shadow's Theme? Don't get me wrong, I like Shadow's Theme, but who the hell would want to play it at a dance?
Schala's theme
See above.
Paula's theme
See above. Etc. It applies to everything on this list.
Rydia's theme
Cid's theme(All 9 of 'em(Cid in Chocobo's Dungeon/Racing)
Sound Stone theme
Zelda's theme(LOZOT)
Umi's singing of the sound stone theme(It's on file here somewhere...(SM.Net)
"Auuuuuuugghhhhhh! Fine! I'll play all your songs!"
"Good. I'll pay you $20 later..."
Sure! Thanks! I'll play your songs later.
Meanwhile...




Post #144, by Mog116

Mog was still bored.
Yeah. We all are. But for the number of posters that keep cranking out posts, I daresay that the Gathering was at this point officially in danger of dying off, thanks partially to the disappearance of four of the better posters--PSI322, Chris, Luna, waffle--on account of they're dancing with each other and none of them wants to be next to post. And I assume Tengu man was busy with some other thread at this time, since none of his Tengulings have shown up to prepare his grand (always bloody) entrance.

Violence and or/moving the story away from the beach/hotel where it's been taking place so far is going to be coming very soon, lest the thread die. It's a classic hallmark of a dying IF thread when it's being kept going by only three or so mediocre posters.
Not knowing what to do, Mog went back to The party.
What is it with this guy and capitalizing 'the' for no apparent reason?
He pulled out his Gameboy and put his very bad Game he made himself in, Mooglebound. "Oap, there it is, You're gonna die! Oh..." Mog lost at his own game extrordinarilly fast. He threw his Game boy in his duffel bag, then walked over to the Snack table. He ate 43 Peanut Cheese Bars, then sat back down.
The counts of snacks eaten remind me of the newspapers in SimCity 2000, where an RNG would spit out random absurd lines in articles like 'Pizza Delivery takes 2,385 hours' and '413 people were killed in a gang shooting'.



Post #145, by Luna

Luna looked up at waffle, blushing slightly. "S..Sure, I'll dance... It's better than sitting here all night doing nothing except watching OTHER people dance.."
I guess Luna was still relatively new, very young, and not quite the Uncontested Alpha Female she would soon enough become. Anyway, this is not helping move the plot somewhere, now that the three girls are accounted for and everyone else has long since left behind the dance theme.

3 comments:

  1. Bloody entrance, eh? ;)

    Oh god, I probably DO deserve that little crack at some point, don't I?

    But yeah, being that I forgot about this IF until now, I couldn't honestly tell you if I was posting in a different IF during the early phase of the Gathering, or if I was just not around in general for a while. Maybe I was grounded in real-life, or something. Who knows? :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Tengu Man? Grounded? My brain is failing to grasp the true form of such a concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. XD. Oh believe me, my rebellious nature wasn't just on the internet, the net is just were most of it ended up because I couldn't channel it all into real life without getting into more trouble than I did.

    It wasn't until Jan 01 or so that the maturity tree began to really beat down on me. I spent most of my junior high-school days being a arguing, rebellious goof. Maybe that can help explain why I was even half as nutty as I was in the old days.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Posts by Author