IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

30 November 2009

Posts #246-250: 17 April 2000

Post #246, by Pikachu3164

After riding on the Merry Go Round, Pikachu decided to check out what kind of games this place had. He roamed around the park, looking for a decent game.
all of a sudden, Pikachu found the perfect prize, at a not so perfect game.
The prize was a giant stuffed Bowser. Pikachu has a wierd obsession with stuffed Bowsers.
Pikachu has a lot of weird obsessions.
Pikachu immediatly went crazy. [I have to win i! I have to!]
...went crazy?

*cough*
Unfortunatly for him, it was the throw the ball and knock over the pins. And if your arms are an inch long, throwing balls is not an easy thing.
But, Pikachu handed over the dollar for four tries anyways, and started playing.

Thirty dollars later...
[Okay! I know I'll get it this time! Oh no! The play meeting is starting!]
Pikachu quickly threw the ball away, because he really wanted to get a part in the play.
"Little rat thingy, you just won."
I can think of no more appropriate way to address 3164 than 'Little rat thingy'. Done and done.
Pikachu stopped quickly, ran back to the game, and yelled, [Throw me the giant stuffed Bowser!]
"Here you go."

At the beach...
Pikachu is running toward the auditorium because he wants to secure a part on the play as an annoying little rat or something, when he sees 2 more Krakens appear.
[Yea. Now I have to beat two Krakens all by myself.]
Pikachu quickly scanned the horizon for help, but Tim, Mystery Man, and the Mr. Saturn had already left.
Pikachu got ready to charge a Spark, but hid his Bowser real quick so it wouldn't be damaged.
"PIKA!"
Both of the Krakens were blasted with a blast of electricity which really didn't hurt them as much as he had hoped for.
Then, the Krakens decided to use a Crashing Boom Bang attack. Pikachu was sent flying.
... by an electric attack? Shouldn't that heal you? Or, if we're applying pokemon physics, not be very effective.
Pikachu recovered quickly and went flying at the Krakens with a Thundershock, but it seemed that it didn't work.
Then, Pikachu got an idea. [If I try a Thunder Jolt, it may be enough to defeat them, but there's the chance that I may hurt myself...]
The Krakens were ready for another Crashing Boom Bang, so Pikachu quickly made up his mind that he'd use a Thunder Jolt.
Krakens, at least in Tim's mind, are very similar to pokemon's Gyarados, against whom any electric attack is a W4 of electric death. He should be able to wipe them clean. (Of course, in EarthBound, there's no such thing as a weakness to Thunder.) "
PIKACHU!" Pikachu used the Thunder Jolt, and would have killed the Krakens, but unfortunatly, their Guts kept them alive.
That doesn't happen for enemies. They don't have rolling HP meters.
Then, because of the electricity level, the energy level in Pikachu began soaring. Pikachu had hurt himself!
[Oww...]

So, basically, Krakens are on a rampage and a Pikachu is in the bushes, unconscious.
So... Anyone gonna save him? No? Didn't think so.
God, I hope not.
[This message has been edited by Pikachu3164 (edited 04-17-2000).]




Post #247, by SirMontyG

*Squirt* *Squirt*

[what the?]

Pikachu felt a soft spray on his forehead,
Um...........

..............

Um.......................

.......let's move on.
looking up he saw Sir showering him with a super potion.
"here ya go chu, I owe'd ya one. Now get back up and take out those krakens!"




Post #248, by Chris

Just when he thought his idea had collapsed, people started supporting his idea for a play. Thus, when the second meeting began, there were a few more people there than there had been an hour before.
Fewer, actually, but whatever delusion keeps you happy, just run with it, man. That's the real courage.
"Okay, people, here's what's gonna happen.
I can think of no greater bliss
than taking my orders from Chris
Day after tomorrow, we're going to being doing a play. However, this won't be just any play. I take it all of you are familiar with the style of writing know as Interactive Fiction?"
Never heard of it. Explain it to me.
All of the audience nodded.

"Good. Now, this may be difficult, and I'm no drama coordinater,
ROFL

Chris, as we are going to see in astounding fashion, you are an amazing coordinator of drama.
but I might as well give it a try. I'll get up on the stage and start the story, and then each of you will join in. We'll bring a bunch of varying costumes and such, but the plot will be up to the person on the stage. Now, each person will have five minutes to tell a part of the story. Then, another person will come up and continue. We'll keep doing this until we reach a conclusion, or until we're drowning under the mountain of fresh vegetables thrown at us.
I wasn't planning on wasting fresh vegetables on this, actually.
"Now, then, obviously, without a plot, we can't really rehearse this, now can we? Instead, I want everyone to start coming up with ideas about how the basic plot will go. All those that seriously want to participate, meet me on the beach in half an hour. This concludes this meeting."
It's going to be funny when two people show up and Juliana isn't one of them. But then, are they on speaking terms right now?
With that, everyone filed out. Chris left to go to the beach and start planning things, and also to make a formal announcement about the play, two nights away from happening. In the meantime, elsewhere on the island...




Post #249, by Tengu Man/Makron

(Um, just to note: after you post, please LOOK at your post in the IF to make sure it doesn't possibly conflict with another person's post they may have done while you where posting as well. I posted about 10 mintues before Pika did, and he didn't check my post.)
Tengu liked to play pretend that he was a moderator.
Suddenly a mysterious figure jumped in to the battle.

Mystery Man unsheathes a double-bladed lightsaber and attacks Kraken!
1678 HP of damage to Kraken A. Kraken A was beaten.
Kraken B breathed flames.
12 HP of damage to Mystery Man.
Two more, smaller figures jump in.
Mysterious creature A used PSI BoIng!
1243 HP of damage to Kraken B. Kraken B was beaten.
Yep, that's, uh... that's great, Tengu. Good work. We were really worried for a minute there.
"Hey, thanks." Tim said.

"No prob... can't stay though..."

"Wait... who are you?"

"I can't reveal MYSELF yet, but I will reveal these creatures beside me." the man showed him, and then left.

"It... can't be..." Tim gasped at the creature. It was a Mr. Saturn... a REAL one... somehow, he could tell.
If an individual Mr. Saturn is anywhere near strong enough to one-hit KO a Kraken, they've got some explaining to do over the whole getting enslaved by Master Belch thing.



Post #250, by Luna

Luna was sitting in the back row, trying desperatly to think up a plot.
I think that's what we're all doing right now. We should actually be thankful Tengu bailed us out.
"augh... I can act and sing, but plots just arn't my thing!...hey! that rhymes!"
"BoInG?"
Luna turned around, alerted by the strange noise, and came face-to-face with a Mr. Saturn.
"GWAAAAH!!!!" Luna screamed
"YIEEEE!!!!" the Mr. Saturn screamed
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream - by Mr. Saturn.
Everyone in the audotorium turned around and blinked at Luna.
"A Mr. Saturn! A REAL Mr. Saturn!" Luna gaped
"BoInG?? cOuRsE rEaL! wHy NoT?"
"We... just.. don't... see many of your kind... around here..." Luna said, blinking with disbelief.
You know, Tengu's idea might have died on the vine, but Luna running with it affords it instant credibility. Which, despite how it's going to allow Tengu to wrap his tentacles around this thread, is a good thing, the way the last 100 posts have gone.

2 comments:

  1. Post #246:
    "That doesn't happen for enemies. They don't have rolling HP meters."

    Man, but imagine if enemies DID have rolling HP. The game would be a lot harder. That's probably something a real "Hard Mode" of EB, or "Insanity Mode" of EB should have as a feature. XD

    Post #247:

    Oh XD times 20. Yeah, let's say no more about that, shall we? >.>;

    Post #249:

    "If an individual Mr. Saturn is anywhere near strong enough to one-hit KO a Kraken, they've got some explaining to do over the whole getting enslaved by Master Belch thing. "

    Oh Man, I suppose I should explain this one. XD

    See, while I never disliked the Mr. Saturns as characters in the original Earthbound [I admit I liked the M3 versions a lot more, it seemed like they proved themselves a lot better in M3 compared to M2], I didn't see them as the uber-awesome "bees-knees" everyone else and their mother appearantly did at the time.

    But I figured, for once, I'd give at least one Mr. Saturn a chance to be awesome like that [and wouldn't you know it, some people complained anyways, go figure. XD]

    Yeah, I think that one in this IF is a specially powered-up Mr. Saturn compared to the rest. I don't fully recall for sure. I'm reading this from start to finish, so I could very well end up being wrong.

    Post #250:

    "You know, Tengu's idea might have died on the vine, but Luna running with it affords it instant credibility. Which, despite how it's going to allow Tengu to wrap his tentacles around this thread, is a good thing, the way the last 100 posts have gone."

    Actually, I'm seriously thinking you guys should've tried to stop past-me before I went too deep into madness. @_@

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone made a hack years ago where you the player DON'T have rolling HP meters... it's surprisingly hard that way.

    I don't remember anything about a high-powered Mr. Saturn, which means either my memory sucks, or it came and went before the 60% or so point of the story where I came in and started paying attention to it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Posts by Author