IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

18 November 2009

Posts #151-155: 15 April 2000

Post #151, by PSI322

Juliana (PSI322)
I think everyone has been fairly consistently calling your AC 'Juliana' or at least everyone knows PSI322 = Juliana.
took a deep breath as she realized how hot it was in the room where the dancing was taking place. "Goodness, it's stifling in here!" she said, starting to stand. She looked at Chris. "I'm just going to take a little walk outside, on the beach," she explained, tugging at her necklace with one hand. "I need some fresh air and some time to think, and stuff."
Remember when I called Mark's 'walking on the beach' move the PSI322 gambit? Yeah. She did this all the time. It was usually her go-to way of breaking out of situations that had become a little stale (or, we'll note later, uncomfortable).
Chris nodded. "Take care of yourself," he said before taking another sip of punch. "Don't stay out too long, Juliana. It's cold out there, I bet."

Juliana nodded. "I won't. It'll just be a little while." She smiled and left the dance hall, wondering if it was clear and calm or stormy outside on the beach...
Basically PSI is announcing, 'I want to retain the option of participating in other things going on with other people in this story, not create a separate Chris-and-Juliana arc.' This form of communication becomes secondhand for any IF veteran. Chris was actually not an IF veteran, and I can only imagine he read it differently and panicked, thinking 'she's trying to ditch me!' ...at least, that's what I would have done when I was 15.



Post #152, by Chris

While he waited for Juliana to return from her walk, Chris decided to start shutting down things. He told the kitchen that no more peanut cheese bars would be needed; they had enough to get them through the rest of the dance.
I have to disagree. When it comes right down to it, there is no such thing as too many peanut cheese bars.
He started cleaning up some of the empty food trays. He arranged for the final dance to be played in about 10 minutes. Then, he sat down at his table, and watched the other dancers enjoying himself. He reflected on how much he loved the site, and more than that, the people there.
Hint hint.
Soon, people began getting ready for the final number...
All in all, I have to hand Chris a 'well played' certificate here. He coolly resisted the impulse to freak out, and it's not like he thought it over for a while first; this was 9 minutes behind PSI's post.
[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 04-15-2000).]



Post #153, by PsycoPyro

I perk up and approach the snack bar. I see my friend Jenny and two guys with her.
"What in the heck?!" I said to myself with exclaimation.
What? Your 'friend' can't handle two guys without your assistance?
I shook my head. Already Jenny was becoming popular with the people of SM.Net! It took me by a blow. Some guys looked at my expression until I overheard someone whispered, "Matt's jealous..."
I shook my head and suddenly remembered a girl that I had left back in MD. It was weeks since I saw her shinning face that could tame a psyco like me. I wanted so desparately t see her and feel her soft kisses again. It made me want to use QC's laptop, sign on AOL and hope my gf was on. QC (Jenny) and I were never made for each other. Plus if we did start a relationship, it wouldn't have worked out or lasted because my best friend was her EX and rival. If I ever did go out with Jen, it would mean that I would loose my best friend.
ROFL @ the exposition here. 'No, really, it's cool, you guys can have her!' I'm now pretty much convinced QC and PP are the same person.

Also, I wonder whether PSI's going to step in with a Romance Rule Warning. I'll save the explanation of the Romance Rule until someone trips over it, which I'm certain someone will before long.
I continued to watch what Jenny had planned to do. This was surely going to be interesting to she how she could handle two guys. I was eager to hear of what she was going to say and decide...
OK! Now to switch to the Queen Catherine account...



Post #154, by PSI322

(Go easy on anything that could violate the romance rule here. I guess it's all right that you mentioned the kisses and what not, just don't have any kissing going on at this dance. Just telling everyone.)
Hahaha! I swear, I did not read ahead before posting above. PSI (and guruzeth, when he was around) could be relied upon to strike down all Romance Rule infractions with extreme prejudice.

Cliff's Notes on the Romance Rule: After Tengu Man basically reached third base with Paula in an elaborate post (or series of posts; can't remember clearly anymore) on, I believe, a story called 'If Giygus[sic] Won', the Powers That Be (which I think at that time may have solely been guruzeth; can't remember if PSI322 was a mod yet) very quickly decided to enact and strictly enforce the Romance Rule: slow dancing or hugging was about as far as you were allowed to go. Kissing was a definite no-no.

...I admit, it seemed to make more sense at the time than it does now.
Juliana took one step outside, into the darkness, and caught her breath quickly. She was amazed at how chilly it was on the beach. Shivering a bit in her sleeveless dress, Juliana crossed her arms and walked back into the dance hall, where the DJ was announcing that the last dance was about to take place. The song was a sort of medley of all the best music from EarthBound; the main part centered around the Sound Stone theme, with music from each town and other places thrown in for good measure. Juliana looked around and spotted Chris all by himself. She walked over to him slowly.

"It's the last dance, isn't it?" she said. Chris nodded. "Wanna go for it?"

"Sure," Chris said with a smile as he led her out onto the dance floor...
OK, well, I don't really know what the point to that was.



Post #155, by Queen Catherine

((Gee Matt, thanx for adding more pressure here . It sounds like the world must pause until I make a descion for it to resume.))
No, not really. "Matt's" post actually didn't advance plot in the slightest. Two AC's must pause until you make a decision, or until they get bored and give up, whichever comes first.
I looked at Mark and back at Drew. Bitting my lower lip, I didn't know what to do at that moment. I hated hurting people that don't deserve to be harmed and leaving them to hang.
Blah, blah, blah, get to the point.
Until then, I heard the DJ call out that the dance would end within thirty minutes. I was then relieved and easily came up with a plan.
"How about this," I began to say nervously, "I'll dance with Drew for a little while longer around fifteen minutes and then I'll dance with you (Mark). Will that be fine? That way, every can be... happy...?"
Actually, that tends to leave everybody agreeing but pissed off, because they have to share. Just like when they were six and they had to share the Tonka truck with their brother. Grown men everywhere act exactly the same way about women.
((It's all up to you guys to agree or not...))

4 comments:

  1. *facepalm* OH GEEZ. I should've know that old-as-dust blemish on my record would get mentioned somewhere in the commentary. Probably one of my worst. :o

    Yeah, looking back on it, I cannot say I'm proud of that at all. God I was such a goober-face back then. But don't worry folk, past-me hasn't even started being an idiot yet. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tengu! Thanks for dropping by and sprucing the place up. I hope you hang around and continue contributing awesome comments. (I've read them all; now I'm going through and replying.)

    Based on 10 years ago I honestly kind of expected you'd be dead or institutionalized or something by now. I'm glad to hear you're not... I think. :P

    And quit being so self-effacing, sheesh, you sound like 3164. We were all comically inept at life back then. OK, granted, maybe not as off the deep end as you... but... you know... still. The whole point of AG is to point at everyone and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call, guruzeth. :) [Yes, I saw your introductory post about an hour ago, so I know it's you now].

    And yes, I do plan to stick around as long as I can remember of the place. I posted something recently about facing my past, and Radiation linked to this as to say "nope, can't hide from your past", and I've been here since.

    And nope, I never honestly left SM.net as a full person. I simply ditched my past personas to try to seek a form of penace if you may. The name I've had for the last 5-6 years has been my only name there for that entire time[my name here might clue you in to who it is]. I might have taken a break from the forums for a couple of months when I did with the intention of leaving, but I came back. The place is just addictive like that.

    And believe me, I'll be laughing [especially at myself], it's just I honestly feel my old-self's nature was a big black mark on my life, so I'm still gonna cringe a lot, even if I don't show it to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been around the forums for years (and apparently am banned there), so I wouldn't know, honestly.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Posts by Author