IF YOU'RE NEW HERE

Then you're probably confused as all hell as to what's going on. Click here to read the introduction. Then feel free to browse the archive; take note that this blog runs in reverse chronological order, so if you're starting from the beginning, that means you'll start from the oldest posts.

24 November 2009

Posts #186-190: 16 April 2000

Post #186, by Pikachu3164

[I can't believe I missed the sand castle contest! I really need to work on my Peanut Cheese Bar addiction!]
In Soviet America, sand castle contest misses you. Except not you, of course. Nobody misses you.

No wait, I didn't mean it, come back :( Your comic relief is vital to keeping this going. Seriously.
Pikachu had completly missed the sand castle competition because early on in the dance, he had run to his room with a full box of Peanut Cheese Bars.
That rendered your OOC comment entirely unnecessary.
Only a few people had bothered talking to him nicely, so he started pigging out upstairs.
Do you think theoretically he's capable of writing a post without pitying himself, or is it kind of an OCD thing with him where demons demand he publicly pity himself at all times or they'll suck out his brains?
[I may as well head over to the Swim Meet and see who wins.]




Post #187, by Gauntlet Wizard

Siris finished his sand castle and rushed over to the pool. "Too bad," he mumbled. "The race already started. Oh well. I'm not too much of a swimmer anyway." With that, he waved at waffle.
I assume waffle is a little preoccupied swimming at the moment.
"Mwahahah! Now's my chance to sabotage the entire gathering!"
"No!"
"Oh fine."
(Sorry, I accidentally let my evil personality, Gauntlet Jackal, get in the way.)
Someone ask Gauntlet whether Gauntlet Jackal is still around. I need to know. (Actually, I kind of think Gauntlet Jackal killed off all the competing personalities and took over.)
Siris didn't care to watch the swim race thingy. He decided to go back and protect his sandcastle from the water.
"Uh oh," Siris said to himself. "Tide's coming in..."
Siris cast a Power Shield to hold the water back. "That'll hold for about an hour until I have to recast it..."
That is not how power shields work.



Post #188, by Chris

And so, when the mysterious referee blew his whistle, the race began. Due to the large amount of water being kicked up, it was difficult to see who was leading.
Never been to a swim meet, have you?
Apparently, the racers were going to be swimming back and forth across the pool many times, so it would be several minutes before a winner was decided upon.
I'm not sure just how long Chris has in mind, but the limit of human endurance for swimming hard is fairly short. Speed swimming, like sprinting, is a very stressful activity.
During this time, Chris went over to the refreshment stand and purchased a bag of chips for him and Juliana to split.
I still don't think a party where you have to buy your snacks is likely to be a very popular party.
During the race, the judges came on over the speakers and announced the winners of the sand-castle contest. Chris and Juliana had won, though they only narrowly edged out Dave and company's castle.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Congrats went around the pool to the two winners, who were rewarded by having dinner the following night free of charge.
And by 'congrats' he means 'general rumbling of why did we waste our time when it was obviously rigged'. Whatever, it all sounded like congratulations to him.
Soon, the racers were beginning the final laps. In moments, the winner would be decided. Everyone was on the edge of their seats, waiting to see the victor emerge from the torrent of water being kicked up during the race. Finally, the fastest swimmer reached the end of the last lap. Climbing up from the pool, it turned out to be...

[This message could very well have been edited by Chris, who is now watching the winner of the swim meet climb out of the water. (edited within the last decade, give or take a few years).]
Like myself, Chris suffers from chronic lack of funny, but he tries his best.
[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 04-16-2000).]



Post #189, by PsycoPyro

((Grr... you people go too fast!!))
Took him a while to switch over from the QC account this time.
Half an hour before the race, I left Jenny's side immediately and started to warm up. I spotted Jenny taking a seat to watch me. She seemed to be in a better mood before.
As always, QC/PP skips about one word in eight. I'm pretty certain he meant to write 'better mood than before'. That or he means to imply QC is now actively trying to hang herself.
The Judged signaled the race and I swam with every strength of my body.
'The Judged'? Sounds like a rejected title for John Grisham's latest 'Thriller'.
I passed a few people and managed to be in first. From the corner of my eye, someone caught up to me. We were tied neck-to-neck.
That's gotta make it hard to swim.
It seemed that we had the same pace, and I couldn't recognize who was swimming beside me.
The announcer announced that I reached the final lap. Still, the person was tied with me. My muscles started to ache and slightly cramp. I saw the the edge of the other pool which would be marked as the finished line.
'The other pool'? Like, this is a hardcore swim meet where you have to jump like dolphins from pool to pool?
I heard Jenny cheering and hollaring for me and I sped right towards the finish, leaving the peson behind. I was running out of breath until I tagged the finish. At first, I heard no uproar, and then...
I will laugh out loud if the next post on this subject starts with some close cousin of, '...and then PP looked up to see (name of poster) already standing triumphantly over him, having finished two minutes ago.' Don't let me down, Gathering posters!
[This message has been edited by PsycoPyro (edited 04-16-2000).]




Post #190, by Mani Mani

Just before the swimming race ended, Mani was still stuck up in her tree, too afraid to try and jump down.
Ha ha ha! Everyone ignored her! Just as I barely dared to hope.
"Heeeeeeeelp!!" she yelled. "Who's stupid idea was this, anyway?!" Just then she spotted Pikachu heading towards the races. "Ohhh, a Pikachu! Hey, could you please help me down? I swear I'm not just trying to be nice! I really like Pokemon!"
When all other ploys for attention fail, locate and latch onto the zero self esteem emo kid.

And yes, Tengu actively recruited these types to the ranks of the Tengulings, as NessJeff's behavior thus far aptly demonstrates.

5 comments:

  1. LOL, I can't say that's much of a lie [if any]. I probably did at least try to communicate with and recruit them as soon as I could. You could say I recognized 'talent' when I saw it. :P

    Yeah, more like I knew how to throw a wrench into well-meaning peoples' plans like a spoiled brat. *grumbles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah. I don't think anyone involved really meant well.

    But you must have been pretty desperate for a following to willingly associate with people like 3164. Just reading his posts ten years later makes me want to set something on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, I'm sure PSI322 at least started off meaning well for this, if no one else. But I haven't spoke to her in ages. And even though I lost her friendship [I assume I did], I don't blame her for it.

    But enough self-pity for now. 3164 does more than enough of it in this IF as it is. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Well, you have to admit the whole pretending to be your sister to talk to her on AIM thing was a little creepy. But then, you also had to admit she and I both had to be pretty naive/timid to fall for it.

    And yes, please don't do anything that would make you resemble 3164. Or the razors come out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eep. Not a fan of emo-activities, so I hope I won't need to deal with any razors. I'm rather happy to be alive right now. XD

    As for the whole "sister" angle. I have to admit, I did have a friend back then who I knew since we were 1 who I saw as the closest thing to a sister. Her name was Tiffany [and I'm sure I threw around that name in connection with my alt], and she was one of the few friends I had who could knock me somewhat back down to earth. I never told her about the whole forum thing. She'd have probably tried to beat the crap out of me for it. XD

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Posts by Author